• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Stems and Kief

I think to be true farmers you have to be in it for real but it was amazing to do it once.

I want to be one of those, but I think my procrastination outweighs my motivation by a longshot. Right now I'm just trying to get my funds up, train myself for a promotion and start making real money (compared to my paychecks now, I mean.) Once I can afford my own place, my own land-- that's when I want to try my hand at growing. Been a dream of mine since I first learned that weed literally grew like a weed, lol.

I don't press the kief to little hash pucks anymore, but they were dope as fuck. I just didn't feel comfortable potentially fucking my press by putting it into the oven, so I used a REALLY time-consuming way of placing the full press under a heat lamp, compressing as far as it would go every 10-15min or so, and repeat off and on for upwards of like 5 hours. That shit was cool, but it took way too long... so I just started smoking hella kief-topped bowls, and trying to coat RAW papers on the inside with kief before rolling up, shit like that. I've only got a few grams at the moment, but I was fuckin' loaded a few months back (maybe a year or so even) and made a thread here asking for suggestions of what to do with it... and don't recall many helpful responses other than "Smoke that shit!" which is kind of what I specified that I was getting tired of doing.

But yeah, bro, if you smoke a fair amount, and take the time to dry out and de-kief your nugs when you break them down (it's super easy with a large, 3-4chamber grinder and/or a kief/tumbler box). It lowers the potency of the flowers when you smoke (just barely, imo, but it is noticeable), but you can end up with a substantial amount of emergency kief rations if you just keep doing that and storing the kief while smoking your tree.

My 'side job' I make edible oil extracts for an lp in BC. Primarily it is all trim and small stem I work with so not much kief. Honestly though his trim is better then weed I've paid for when I was in Toronto.

My partner doesn't enjoy edibles much so he smokes mostly heavy indicas, I should 'be kind and help him grind' for a few months.