Stealing

thediamondflush

Greenlighter
So I figure since none of you know me I can be honest. My ex recently broke up with me and ive been extremely reckless lately. Ive managed to figure out a way to steal beer from HEB which is a grocery store here. I dont even really drink.. its more of the thrill of getting away with it. I walk in grab a case, and honestly act like im on my phone and i just walk out casually nobody says anything, they think I just bought it.

Im 27 years old, why am I doing these childish things? I really dont understand it.

Not OD material.

But from my experience using hard drugs changes people to really care less about standard morals. That combined with personal tragedy can make a person do things they would have been horrified by.

It's like "oh well."

I remember during sleep deprivation, becoming slightly attracted to the idea of trying to steal for fun. Not even for profit. Not a good mindset IMO.

yup

you really should re-evaluate your actions based on basically any moral code

what is it you're looking for when you steal? is there a less harmful way to get that which you seek?

Im not a clepto or anything. Its just recently... I just want to fuck the world. I feel like ive been FUCKED. I work hard and I play hard. But its like I just stopped caring about my wellbeing. Popping 8-9 viks at a time, stealing this beer 2-3 times a week. Im not sure what it is it gives me. Tonight honestly I only did it because I wanted to be fucked up and im out of weed. But I think there are some underlying issues I need to deal with. Before I end up dead or in jail.

you really should see a therapist and/or a psychiatrist about that.

I'm no doctor, but I can tell you its not healthy.

many people, including myself, feel very bitter and uncaring at times too.

Im 27 years old, why am I doing these childish things?

good question.

you should probably cut it out tho.
seriously..you're pissed at the world.
we all feel like that sometimes.
you're just gonna end up more pissed off-
when you have to pay fines..or worse..
for something as dumb as thieving a case
of beer from the supermarket.

You'll either come to a (usually hard) realisation that this lifestyle is unsustainable, or you'll burn yourself out learning it.

Just remember, you're not invincible. The little voice that tells you you'll never die? It's a liar.
Nobody can get you to stop self-destructive behaviour but yourself.

Find something worth living for that isn't getting fucked up.

I never really got into petty theft, but I did commit a lot of fraud to fund my heroin addiction. Unlike others, I was doing it because (I felt like) I had to. They legit money had run out and I was still physically addicted. I never got a rush from stealing, in fact I hated doing it. I got sucked into this cycle of stress and rebound paranoia over stealing causing me to need more drugs to calm that down, causing me to need more money for the drugs, causing me to need to steal more... It's not a good cycle, and typically ends in some type of legal disaster, accompanied with a horrible cold turkey withdrawal.

You'll get caught - repeat offenders always do. It could be today.

You mention how you do these things cause your pissed at the world, you feel fucked. Well, if you feel fucked...why would you fuck the rest of the world? You are only spreading around negativity, which in the end only perpetuates the cycle and creates a ripple effect of negativity for those you choose to steal and or do other such things to.

What would happen if everyone had this attitude...the world would be an absolutely miserable place to live.

^^ Chill...

Anyways, at 24-25 I was drinking, hard. I never had any money cause I would spend it on drugs and alcohol, so when I would have the urge to drink (which was 5 times a week almost) I would go to my local super market - which was way too close to my house - and would steal 1/5th of booze all the time. At first I used to only steal tall cans of beer, and I did it so often I decided to step it up, and started stealing cases or 1/5ths within only a few months. I even found ways to scam the self check out machines to steal tons of booze and look like I was paying for it. Since I never had to pay I started drinking even more and more and more. It spiraled out of control. Over the course of almost a year, did I get caught? Thank god no, but it was pure luck. My neighbor would steal a lot too, and one day he left the store and he was walking down the street and someone was walking way far behind him in plain clothes. Turns out that guy was the head of "loss prevention." My neighbor went down the street, got in his car and 5 cops pulled up in front of him. He was not only charged with petty theft, but because it was alcohol and he got in his car he got a DUI even though he was sober. It ruined his life pretty much. Everything fell apart after that. His parents found out about all the stealing and then tore through his house and found all sorts of drugs, so they basically disowned him. He started doing lots more drugs to deal with his mental problems, before he knew it he was addicted to opiates and benzo's and stealing from his parent's house, his friends, other stores, etc. He blew off court and was arrested and thrown in jail, no one would bail him out.

I was so lucky, so unbelievably lucky, that I never got caught. It would have been an absolute disaster. When I saw my neighbor spiral downwards like that, it scared the shit out of me. Yet I continued to steal, clepto style. The rush is amazing, you get out of the store and turn the corner and feel like god but you know your only one camera shot away of going to jail. Before I knew it, I could steal so easily I would drink 1.5 1/5ths a night. My alcoholism just blew out of control.

So what's the point of my story. Well, as thrilling as it is, the consequences are way worse then you can imagine. If you feel pissed off at the world now, imagine if you get caught, or worse, become a full blown alcoholic like I was. It took me an OD on opiates and alcohol combo to stop stealing. The more you steal, the easier you think it is, the more you do it, the worse the consequences. I understand the rush, but it's not just because you are getting something free, it's cause your getting drugs for free. The only way you can prevent this downward spiral and save yourself is to treat the alcoholism. Whether or not you think you have a problem with alcohol, stealing to get it means you are willing to put your freedom at stake for alcohol... That's a problem. It can only get worse. I didn't get caught because of shear luck, I wish I got caught, yet if I got caught I might have never od'd, stop drinking and stop using opiates.

It can only get worse, and eventually something absolutely destructive WILL HAPPEN.

I know this is an old thread, but ive done similar to a nearby store and ive only done it after getting a few drinks in me. But ive noticed the black bottle caps that are supposed to be censored never go off. Its more for display and a bit of laziness for stockers but never bothered me. I like to blame it on the drink when any guilt hits. :p
But something id never try sober or on anything else, way too much paranoia in it.