• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Staying under the ceiling on Subutex/Suboxone

Hazzel

Greenlighter
Hi!

I was wondering how to stay under the ceiling effect on buprenorphine? Currently i use 10+mg/day and with that dose i've stopped feeling anything, really once i passed 4mg i didn't feel it anymore because of the ceiling effect. Anyone else manage to stay under the ceiling to actually get painkilling effects/feel something off of it?

What doses do you use to stay under the ceiling and get maximum analgesic effect? Of course it's different for everyone, i'm just curious what doses you use and the ROA if you've managed this (for everyday use) to set a target for myself to experiment around.

Thanks in advance!
Peace & Love

I must admit i got lazy not to read the rules before my previous thread lol (sorry mod! i'm a lazy person!). Continuing from the original thread: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/857642-How-to-stay-well-high-24-7-on-Sub*

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to slowly taper down to 2-4mg i think and try that out. I remember reading somewhere one person who posted that he found his optimal dose to be at 1mg (he had been experimenting for years and ended up here). Once i reach those "lower" doses (still relatively high for someone without tolerance) i'll try out what works best, I'm guessing a 1mg boost when u feel like it might work once you get that low. Of course, it won't feel like shooting a full agonist but being an ex-addict i don't think i'll want to go there ever again (using full agonists), but a little extra power from the bupe could be nice for when you want it. Recovering addicts like me shouldn't have this behaviour, and i think very few of us really can handle it. I managed to handle my alcohol consumption to an amount comparable to a couple of beers in the weekends (also ex-alcoholist here) and my self-discipline should be good enough to handle this with bupe aswell. Any other drugs i'm staying away from, i'm only using what the doctor prescribes to me anymore.

Please spare your comments on me being in recovery acting like an addict, if u don't want to engage in the discussion, don't.

Nice to see you in a clean thread. I'm not here to judge, but you seem to be adjusting things too much. Moving the dose up and down is just going to get you in trouble.I hope you have stopped drinking by now. That would be a bad combination. OT but they have an excellent medication called Camprall. Look it up. IMO,it's a wonder drug.Hopefully you see yourself tapering at some point, but with subs, your correct dose doesn't get you high, it relieves the acute symtoms so you can function.You also do not want to feel like shit, right. That figures into the dosage. so whatever dose relieves symptoms and keeps you from feeling bad is IMO the proper dosage of bupe. The goal is to eventually start a decent taper. the slower you go, the easier it is on your brain and everything else. Eventually you can rip the band aid off and jump off a low dosage, if in fact that is your goal.

OT: Yeah i haven't drank more than 2 portions/evening the last 2 years, and no more than 3/week, so the alcohol consumtion is no worries. They also test me every now and then for alcohol and other drugs since i started the buprenorphine treatment (and the alcohol can't be cheated with since they can see the biproducts up to a month after consumption).

On-topic: If anyone else's interested: I've been looking for info elsewhere than here too, obviously. One guy says he's on 2mg/day (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening), which he means feels best to him, if he wants to feel a little extra pleasure he can boost with another 1-2mg situationally. I'll probably slowly taper down to these doses and experiment around there, it'll obviously take some time since i don't want no withdrawal symptoms.