• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Statins and drugs?

Marcosrg1997

Greenlighter
Hi! I'm healthy. My cholesterol is not bad. But I have hereditary cholesterol like all my family.
That means even I have it low I will eat stations.
Could I still eating triptamines, lysergamides and entactogens?
I know... My doctor would know it but for sure if I ask him he will answer no, even if the answer is yes or is depends.

Thank you :)

Hi! I'm healthy. My cholesterol is not bad. But I have hereditary cholesterol like all my family.
That means even I have it low I will eat stations.
Could I still eating triptamines, lysergamides and entactogens?
I know... My doctor would know it but for sure if I ask him he will answer no, even if the answer is yes or is depends.

Thank you :)
If you live in the US, you'd want to ask a pharmacist because doctors here have little knowledge about the drugs they give out. I wouldn't necessarily ask my own personal pharmacy. I'd walk into a random one.

There should be no major interactions between statins and psychedelics.

Personally I think that the potential side effects of statins outweighs their utility as a cholesterol-lowering drug. IIRC, even though they lower cholesterol, the overall effect on mortality is something like 1-2%... very small.

Personally I think that the potential side effects of statins outweighs their utility as a cholesterol-lowering drug. IIRC, even though they lower cholesterol, the overall effect on mortality is something like 1-2%... very small.
Isn't their main benefit increased oxidative stress gene expression due to upregulating oxidative stress in the heart enough to induce the protective genes? I recall it being the same mechanism as the myalgia side effect.

Statins are a NO-GO for me, for a very specific reason. And I think you guys can guess what that is.

What would you suggest someone with familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH) take?

Statins are a class of drug, not a specific compound. Have you noted that all statins (with a UK marketing licence) fall into one of two scaffolds (one based on a chiral -3,5-dihydroxyhept-6-a/enoic acid moiety), the other on chiral esters of (4R)-4-hydroxy-6-{2-[(8S)-8-hydroxy-1,2,6,7,8,8a-hexahydronaphthalen-1-yl]ethyl}oxan-2-one?

It's worth learning about the source, side-effect profile, metabolism and efficacy of the two different groups. It's somewhat enlightening.

Also, several people get quite intense muscle pains on them.

Statins are implicated in potential hearing loss cases. Open. Shut. Period.

Sorry, can you speak up a bit please? :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I've been prescribed avortastatin since February after having a stent fitted, along with aspirin, clopidogral, bisopralol and omeprazole.

So I'm quite interested in the various side effects I can expect. I've not suffered anything significant yet except for quite severe bruising from relatively minor bumps which I believe can be caused by the aspirin and clopidogrel combination.

I really need to check in with my doctor, but I can't be arsed waiting for months to be seen...

Sorry, can you speak up a bit please? :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I've been prescribed avortastatin since February after having a stent fitted, along with aspirin, clopidogral, bisopralol and omeprazole.

So I'm quite interested in the various side effects I can expect. I've not suffered anything significant yet except for quite severe bruising from relatively minor bumps which I believe can be caused by the aspirin and clopidogrel combination.

I really need to check in with my doctor, but I can't be arsed waiting for months to be seen...
What were your cholesterol levels like? There are ways to lower cholesterol with diet changes without having to take a statin which would be preferred. My brother has FH and he needs to take a statin, he has no side effects from it at all and it's worked very well for him.

Your bruising is very likely due to the blood thinners, I would wonder why they have you on aspirin still though when they have you on clopidogrel but I don't know your medical history so there might be a very good reason for that. You should tell your Dr about the severe bruising though, it's something he/she would need to know, they might lower your dose or they will explain to you why you're on that level of blood thinner.