• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Starting with Aripiprazole... having doubts.

Shen Lung

Greenlighter
I've been doing intensive searching and very little (and old) information was found.
My psiyq told me to start taking very little doses (less than 5mg) and then increase it over time. Since I'm not squizo but just have squizoyd-ish profile, the dose is very subtle. What concerns me is that he said that the treatment might last for arround a year.

Now, I've read that:
- Antipsychotics might cause grey matter in the brain to decrease. That doesn't pleace me AT ALL.
- Antipsychotics decrease or null effects of most recreational drugs.
- Less important stuff (for me) like that it might cause hair loss, shitterings, and other things..

The first question is VERY important. The second one is as well, but not that big of a deal.
The information I read was very old ('round 2009). Is there any new evidence? I've read that Aripiprazol is a different kind of antipsychotic, so it might not work like the others.

At the moment, I'm not taking any recreational drug nor other kind. But eventually I'd like to, and I want to know if this medication will prevent them from acting.

Any information is highly apricciate.

Moving to other drugs.

I would talk to your doctor or a medical professional about this, and ask them the questions you have about certain recreational drugs making your medication not work or interacting with it.

I will. But, for starterse, they strongly advise me to not take nothing else (not even nootropics, with wich I was making a self-research using myself as guinea pig).
Their attitude is almost prohibicionist... And I do not intend stop consuming recreational drugs. As I said, I'll stop for now, but not forever. And I'd like to come back in less than a year.
Either way, when I have my next apointmente I will ask them about this stuff. But I trust medics as I trust user-reports and forums. I think neither have the ultimate truth. And if it weren't for the forums, I wouldn't even know this things I'm asking in this thread.

So... that's basically it... I'd like to know your opinions about theese subjects.

(for what matters: I'm from Argentina. Information is not allways that handy here as it may be in USA or Europe or "serious" conuntries. So it won't come to me as a shock if they aren't aware about all or part of this [though I may be underestimating them]).

Abilify is a milder antipsychotic than the other ones imo/e. It will not decrease/null effects of: alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, opiates. For the psychedelics there will be a good decrease of effects iirc.

Well you know, antipsychotics are better suited to rectify positive symptoms of schizophrenia, the negative ones aren't really touched by any antipsychotic that I know of.

The dose you take is fairly minimal so don't panic, adverse effects are rare at lower doses. As for grey matter loss I don't know.

fffffff thank you very much. That made me calm a bit..
Either way, as you said, the negative sintoms persist, but I'm very chilled, so maby it's time to switch to another medication.

What kind of meds/drugs can eliminate/down/cease/help with the negative simptoms of mild-squyzo and minimal-psychosis??

I just want to have again the desire of study, of play music, of enjoy a visit to a museum, a reunión with friends...

Latelly my mind only wants to a) do sports b) have nasty animal sex c) do certain kind of drugs (all related with the indecent sex).
I can mantain my job with no mayor problems, but outside it, it's like those 3 things listed above are the only ones that i'm attracted to... t.t

I know maby I'm looking for a magic-pill that doesn't exist... but, honestly, I'm tired of fighting every morning, of debating myself every night between what I should do and what I desire to do.

In other news,
I find that Aripiprazole boosts drastically the effects of marihuana. It's true that I've also decreased drastically the amount of consumption, but, now aday if I smoke more than half a joint, it can turn to an unpleasant feelling, more than an enjoyable experience.

I don't know what your symptoms are exactly but I was on the drug zyprexa for quite some time. I thought it was great at first, but now I am finding it nearly impossible to quit. Some people get WDs from APs others do not. They are serious drugs though and if you are taking recreationals I would advise against them. I now hate APs now with all of my being. I wish I never started them even though zyprexa was the only drug that did much for my type of bipolar depression.

At first I didn't realize what they were doing to me until years later. Since I have made attempts to quit (for about a year) I am realizing how much they effected my memory, cognition, creativity, and the things that make us human. I would stay away at all costs. If you have psychotic symptoms I recommend CBD. It works just as good as an AP and will have far less side effects and no WD. I guarantee you, if you experience an AP withdrawal, it is worse than benzos or opiates. And yes, zyprexa was making me dumb, brain shrinkage is probably likely. The withdrawal is unbearable. I am still going through it almost a year later and it is hell.

I'm sure someone will be around shortly praising the benefits of APs but they are garbage. If I could choose to not use one drug, out of the many I have tried, it would be APs.