• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Starting the journey to recover from 2 years of abuse...

FluxRider

Greenlighter
It's been a really shitty couple of months....Today unable to go to class and feeling worse than usual, I googled ecstasy recovery stories and read all the posts on this site. Now I'm filled with hope that one day I can return to the person I was.

I started doing molly as a freshman in college (2 years ago) since then I've done it nearly every month in doses up to a gram (yes I know stupid). It started out great, I never had a comedown and I thought I had discovered the perfect drug. Then a couple months ago I got one bad batch and I started getting depressed and terrible panic attacks. I was so messed up I had to transfer out of school and now I'm living with my parents.

I stopped for a while and then felt better and I stupidly decided to take it again thinking it would be fine. Well the next couple weeks were hell. Depression, panic attacks, sensitivity to noises were just a few of the symptoms. I feel a little better since then but still a shell of the person I once was.

3 years ago I got a perfect score on my SAT verbal and now I'm sitting here struggling to type a coherent thought.

But now reading these threads I see the human brain has a remarkable ability to recover from damage. Tomorrow I'm beginning a new lifestyle without any drugs or alchohol. I'm making these changes to my life :

-mindfulness meditation, excercise, and yoga.
-going on the paleo diet
-adding a good multi vitamin + fish oil + magnesium.

I also have some 5 htp that I've been using I'm not sure how much it's helping.

Does anyone have any experience using nootropics for recovery? I'm considering adding a small amount of piracetam + choline.

If anyone has any advice or anything to say I'd greatly appreciate it. I just felt so damn alone dealing with this by myself all the time. At least on here I can relate with some people

Nootropics are very helpful at recovering from all forms of brain damage(even strokes and head traumas), so getting on a piracetam + choline regimen will surely speed up your recovery and help better mask the side effects while still recovering. I personally use Noopept as a nootropic and don't have experience with other racetams. I personally recommend it over piracetam because it is cheaper(you can buy 10gs powdered Noopept that will easily last you for years for about 99 pounds) and more potent.

Another semi-nootropic supplement I recommend is Inositol, which is absolutely non-toxic to the human body and is known to be quite effective at relieving depression, anxiety and OCD through modulation of the Serotonin receptors in the brain and being very essential to Serotonin production in the brain(although it's recommended you drop the 5HTP if you are supplementing Inositol), which will further help mask your side effects and obviously speed up the process of getting your Serotonin system back in shape.

Best of luck and hang in there, you WILL get better. Keep us posted and let us know if these regimens are helpful to you :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! My friend gave me some piracetam and I've ordered some inositol from amazon. I'll keep this thread updated, hopefully one day others who are in the same boat can read through and see how I progressed.