• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting oxycodone withdrawl

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Hey i know ive posted here many times about this. Im really serious this time. I start my new job thursday. It is now sunday morning 103 am. I have no way to get any more pills and no money at all. My habit is 100 mg a day. How bad will this be? Will it be over before thursday for my new job?

By the way i havent been without for 4 months straight and have been doing them for 3 years give or take

If you have any pills left try to do a quick taper. Withdrawal is different for everyone, no way to know how difficult or easy this will be for you. Look up the Thomas recipe to help with the symptoms. Most intense withdrawals symptoms from oxycodone are typically felt in the first 3 days after cessation so should be through the worst of it by Thursday. Do whatever you can to sleep Wednesday night and make sure you get a hot shower, some good food and vitamins, and plenty of fluids in you Thursday morning before your shift. Those little 5 hour energy shots have a lot of the vitamins that can help with energy as well as a healthy dose of caffeine so may help you get through your first day easier. It won't be fun but you can do it. Hang in there.

Just went through it with H... But I used clonodine, and VERY MINIMAL amounts of bupe for a quick taper.... It wasn't easy by any means, but better than cold turkey for sure.... The first and second days are always the roughest for me.... But the u will be OK if you want it bad enough....

First morning ive woke up without anything since christmas. I feel terrible. Im so moody also. Idk what to do im freaking out

Just calm yourself down and know that it won't last forever... Maybe find some bupe and do a quick taper... Either way u do it it won't be easy... But it won't kill you, and remember: it'll be over soon....

thats the problem with opiates, its all good until you run out. When im having withdrawals from my drugs of choice i usually substitute it with some cheap asf kinda drugs from the pharmacy, if you have any weed smoke that when it gets bad should bring you back up until you can get pills.

Honestly, opiate WDs last like 2 weeks, at least that is what it was for me when I was trying to kick IV morphine in 2014. If you dont touch any until thursday, some things will be better, but your pupils will be gigantic. I think you will be so proud of yourself! Maybe make up a lie about the giant pupils?

Well i relapsed for my new job. I didnt want to start my new job looking like a zombie. But quitting is in the near future for sure. Like a week. Thanks for everybody's concern. Keep up the motivation!!! Yall are the best

I hear ya Stone.... You'll make it happen... Sometimes it takes a few times trying before you finally kick for good... God knows it has for me.... Keep in touch and let me know how it's going... Peace!!!

I quit for 8 days and was doing fine, but like an idiot I was stressed out and started again. Good luck with the new job

Thanks i have 3 hyrdo 7.5s and then im out. I dont go back to work intill this coming up thursday. So we'll see how i do with withdrawl. Hate tossing and turning all night. That's the part that gets me

My tolerance is so bad i even withdrawl when i have hydros. I cant believe they consider these trash pain pills.

100mg of Oxycodone per day is not an extreme habit. Like others have mentioned, the more intense, acute phase of withdrawal will last ~3 days, but the malaise, anhedonia and lingering symptoms will probably last for a couple of weeks. High-dose Loperamide is a useful tool if you have to work but are too sick, but it's not a good thing to rely on long-term as it can increase your tolerance and can cause a nasty withdrawal syndrome in itself.

I would seriously consider a quick sub taper.. but addiction is a life long battle, there's really no "cure all pill", that being said, stay strong and constantly remind yourself of all the reasons you're quitting.

I detoxed cold turkey due to running out of my meds(6 days until refill oxy40mgx2) it was 4-5 days of hell but at the 6th day I could semi function. I'm not sure if it would be called relapse when I finally got my refill as I do take it for MS so I'll always need opiates. But I get the job thing. You do need work. But if you don't need them for medical reasons I'd suggest you try again by taper because cold turkey almost snapped my brain

I detoxed cold turkey due to running out of my meds(6 days until refill oxy40mgx2) it was 4-5 days of hell but at the 6th day I could semi function. I'm not sure if it would be called relapse when I finally got my refill as I do take it for MS so I'll always need opiates. But I get the job thing. You do need work. But if you don't need them for medical reasons I'd suggest you try again by taper because cold turkey almost snapped my brain
Nah, that's not considered a relapse. It may be borderline abuse, since you were taking more than directed, but not a relapse.

hopeless soul