• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting IV Heroin/Speedball dose

Kalrev

Greenlighter
Hello, my girlfriend and I are doing hard drugs for the last time, so we have decieded that we will be doing all the drugs that we have wanted to try, one being Heroin. I have done opiates in the past, and need around 40mg (IV) of oxycodone to get a decent high. My girlfriend has no tolerence to opiates, so how much should we do the first time? We plan on buying 2 g, and I know that is WAY too much. I have done a lot of research and haven't got a straight answer. What seems like an average IV dose for the first time using POWDERED heroin? Also I will be trying a speedball. How much of each should I put in for that? Please let me know ASAP.

trying heroin for the first time as a last use of drugs before you quit, especially IVing coke with it is asking for a horrible addiction. its actually a pretty stupid decision. you thought it was bad before this then your really gonna love it after.

good luck on making it much harder to quit for yourself, and have fun. ;)

How about just snorting a very small bump...

You won’t end anything shooting up.

You are only graduating...

Its a risky choice to try all the things you havent on one last big hurrah. rarely is the last.

Start really small, no more than 25mgs to start, if its really good dope that will fuck you up.

2gs isnt really last hurrah material, its more like getting into a really big sticky web that is a bitch to get out of material.

if you have good IV technique, then definitely shoot the shit. make sure to do a test shot for the heroin so yu can gauge how strong it is. some people like to smoke or snort the herron to test how strong it is. please please please do a test shot or test bump or something because you have good amount of dope amd you have no clue hw strong it is. it could be super fire and you could OD if you do a big firtst shot without testing the waters.

DEFINITELY use an accurate scale to know how much you are doing for each shot. id start off with a 0.1g shot so i could gauge how strong it is.

also if you put water on the dope, draw up, and alot of cut is left in the spoon/cooker/cap after filtering with a cotton, that means it is not that good. if the solution is more transparent, that means that it is mostly pre.

This is a horrible idea. You are not going to be "doing hard drugs for the last time" if you start injecting heroin. I have heard that before 8)

Do NOT do a speedball when you have never done heroin before.

A good/safe starting dose for IV heroin is extremely tiny. You can always do more if it's not enough but you can easily die if it's too much. I would say no more than 20mg and even that might be pushing it if it turns out you have really good dope. I did 10mg my first time. But who knows how pure your dope is, street heroin varies so much in purity. Be careful. Always do a small test shot first, even if you have a tolerance to opioids. You can do some more 20 min later if the first shot wasn't enough.

Have you done IV coke before? Seriously, if you have your heart set on doing a speedball at least try each drug individually first. Then for a speedball I think you should use less of each drug than you would if you were doing them separately.

if you have good IV technique, then definitely shoot the shit. make sure to do a test shot for the heroin so yu can gauge how strong it is. some people like to smoke or snort the herron to test how strong it is. please please please do a test shot or test bump or something because you have good amount of dope amd you have no clue hw strong it is. it could be super fire and you could OD if you do a big firtst shot without testing the waters.

DEFINITELY use an accurate scale to know how much you are doing for each shot. id start off with a 0.1g shot so i could gauge how strong it is.

also if you put water on the dope, draw up, and alot of cut is left in the spoon/cooker/cap after filtering with a cotton, that means it is not that good. if the solution is more transparent, that means that it is mostly pre.

A .1 shot could be way way too much for an opiate naïve person if the dope is any good at all. Also, I've had fire dope leave a dirty cotton and complete shit dissolve completely. It is generally true but don't count on it. Seriously, start off with a tiny ass bump, heroin is very strong and if you get some without a lot of cut .1 will not be a test shot.

i was saying ~.1 because it is easier to measure than 10-20mg lol.. i think .05g might be a better test shot. idk i would barely feel 10mg if i was naive.

but listen to swimming!! he had a good post

but dude, IV coke is ONE HELL OF A DRUG!!! seriously i almost wigged out from just doing .25 shot of reallly gucci coke ... id do the coke and then save the herron for the omedown... if it is good coke, you are going to wwant to do it alone because it will b all in your face and will mask other drugs

You've never done heroin, and you plan on starting with speedballs? Fucking hell. You stand a very good chance of falling out, don't say we didn't warn you :|

i was saying ~.1 because it is easier to measure than 10-20mg lol.. i think .05g might be a better test shot. idk i would barely feel 10mg if i was naive.
Totally depends on the person and the quality/purity of the dope. I overdosed on .1g (100mg) before (and I even had a little bit of a tolerance at that time) and have seen others OD on that amount. 10-20mg may be hard to accurately measure but even taking 100mg and eyeball dividing it into 5 or 10 is a way better idea than just doing 100mg because 10mg is hard to measure. A test shot should be 10-20mg IMO because even if you don't feel anything whatsoever from that you can just do another bigger test shot and go from there. There is no way to predict the potency (or your individual sensitivity) in advance.

Totally depends on the person and the quality/purity of the dope. I overdosed on .1g (100mg) before (and I even had a little bit of a tolerance at that time) and have seen others OD on that amount. 10-20mg may be hard to accurately measure but even taking 100mg and eyeball dividing it into 5 or 10 is a way better idea than just doing 100mg because 10mg is hard to measure. A test shot should be 10-20mg IMO because even if you don't feel anything whatsoever from that you can just do another bigger test shot and go from there. There is no way to predict the potency (or your individual sensitivity) in advance.

this is true

how would one go about measuring out 10-20mgs though?? i heard some people use the head of a match stick or the tip of a pin. how do you accurately measure without a .000 scale?? the only way i can think of is measure out .1 with a regular pad, then put 1cc of water on the point. draw up, (depending on how good your shit is, you will come back with less/more water than you put in), and then just squirt out ten units and there is your 10-20mg??

how do you do it swimming for someone that doesnt have the eyes of a swimmingdancer? ;)

You've never done heroin, and you plan on starting with speedballs? Fucking hell. You stand a very good chance of falling out, don't say we didn't warn you :|

this^^ why would you want to put yourself in danger?? the best coke high i had was from coke alone. like if you actaully get good powder, then do the coke alone do. omg IV coke is like more addictin than IV heroin dood. the bellringer from a good coke shot will make you crazy. seriously hahahahahaha.\\

^You can't measure milligrammes without a milligramme scale ;).

Be careful & definitely don't choose to do a speedball without having shot each by itself. IME I'm OK using less dope & less coke together than separately; YMMV. And deciding to shoot speedballs before quitting is just idiotic. Once you get that feeling, you can never un-feel it.

^You can't measure milligrammes without a milligramme scale ;).

Be careful & definitely don't choose to do a speedball without having shot each by itself. IME I'm OK using less dope & less coke together than separately; YMMV. And deciding to shoot speedballs before quitting is just idiotic. Once you get that feeling, you can never un-feel it.

This.

Definitely do each shot seperately, and when you do (ESPECIALLY for her!) DON'T push it all in at once. Do about half of your shot, then keep it there in the vein for around 20 seconds (if youre injecting into your arm - if youre using legs feet or ankles then wait at least double that time - either place you pretty much want to wait until it has fully hit you which will take longer the further down you inject it) - then if you feel fine you can push the rest in.

Ive found that personally (at least with the coke - ive always had a pretty high tolerance for opiates) ill get the bell-ringer after ive only injected a little bit. Then i just save the rest for a little later.

Also (and this probably goes without saying but ill put it out there anyway) make sure you do it first since you at least have some tolerance. Then depending on the quality and her weight/tolerance relative to yours you can figure out how much she should do. Just as a rough guesstimate id say about half of what you need to get off.

Remember -you can always do more.

You can never do less.

I know people say this all the time, but it could not ring more true (and people still choose to ignore it and end up ODing).

As everyone else mentioned, its a horrible idea, but if youre going to do it be as safe as you possibly can with it.

Good luck

Since both are street drugs, it's impossible to know the potency. If you MUST take a speedball, I advise the following:

Test the heroin, at maybe 20mg in the rig. Titrate your dose up, if necessary, to reach around the high you would get from 40mg oxycodone.
Test the cocaine, at maybe 20mg at first, and titrate up very carefully (you DON'T need much good cocaine to get a massive hit from IVing it).

Then reduce the dose you found pleasurable from each drug to about 50-70% or so. If you're buying a lot of heroin and cocaine, you can afford to test it several times. Even 50mg of cocaine has been a massive bell-ringing thunderbolt from the drug gods for me before, and I'm 6'4" with a low sensitivity to most drugs.

I know this post is older but figured I'd give my two cents in case it maybe helps someone else. The reason you haven't been able to get a straight answer is because every batch of H is different when talking potency. You could pick up a batch at lunch that's mild and grab another at dinner that could floor you. Also, with things like fentanyl or carfentinil being cut into dope nowadays it's very hard to advise someone, especially a first timer, on the proper dosage. The best suggestion I could offer is to do a very small amount as a "tester" so you can gauge how it effects you. I have been an IV dope user for 10+ years and to this day I still do tester shots when i get new batch simply because I can't know for certain how powerful the H is going to be without actually doing it.

The safest thing you could do is skip doing a shot all together, however considering that you have insinuated your plan to do it whether you receive advice or not, I feel like giving some kinda feedback is better than lettin ya go in blind.