• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Starting fresh ?

Slappyfinklestein

Bluelighter
Any body got any ideas on where to go to get a fresh start? Im in a pinch and need to get the fuck out. Ive been thinking heaviliy about heading out west but am not quite sure where to go im prolly just gunna wing it as in not having a whole lot of prep time ne body ever wing it out there ? how did u do it ?

work out how you got in the pinch and what you want when you get out of it.
I've spent a large portion of my life packing up and moving out when i'm not happy/in a pinch and it never works because, there's always a root problem i'm ignoring/running from and all i do is transport the shit to a new location. It might be a quick fix, but just up and getting the fuck out never solves anything.

Once you work out what it is you want to fix, everything else will fall into place, including where you do need to go, should that need to happen.

hope it all works out <3

astro has the wise words. I totally agree. You can run from a physical location, but it's a lot harder to run from your ingrained issues and problems. :\

^ what they said. the easy way out always turns to quicksand beneath your feet and it becomes a lot harder to struggle your way out of the pit than to have just walked around it in the first place.

I have a question in this subject i understand that you cannot run from your problems however i am unhappy with my current situation i want to move back to the city I dont like the town i live in but i dont have a car or a whole lot of money and i dont know how to go somewhere and just start from scratch any advice....

Well, if you want it bad enough you'll do whatever it takes. Find a job there, any job, any shitty job. Look into hostels and the like. Got any skills, services you could provide? Got good references? You could maybe get work caring for an old person whose family doesn't want to send them to a nursing home. Lots of those.

There are lots of ways, but you won't know until you make the leap, just don't burn the bridge behind you. Then you can make a go of it and if it doesn't workout, go back home.

If you're resourceful, creative, and driven enough, you can do anything man. Anything.

Let us know how it goes.

good luck,
pods

I am all about fresh starts but I plan them. I have done it 3 times as an adult.
I like living/working in places where no one knows me.
What they know is what they see and what I give them.
Adventure.

I've upped and moved and started fresh before and it was great. I wasn't running from anything though, just decided I'd like a change and there was no time like now to do it. I don't think it's all that difficult. Living somewhere else probably wont be terribly different from living where you are now. Think about what you consider the essentials in your life now, then find somewhere else that can provide those too. You'll need accommodation and some kind of income (or plenty of savings); perhaps you'd also like somewhere with good public transport, reliable internet, a vibrant nightlife, or so on. Figure it out! I moved somewhere with a high backpacker population so there was plenty of cheap accommodation in hostels while I was looking for an apartment, and plenty of hospitality type jobs, as the permanent population of the place was quite low. Moving somewhere new may not solve your problems, but it can still be an awesome experience.

Tackyspiral - check out couchsurfing.org.

A friend of mine wanted a totally new start, and used this website to get started. He originally hosted a British guy, who was awesome, and it gave him a little insight to the program and helped him know what to expect. For the last several years now, he has been "surfing" around Central and South America, and absolutely loves it. He has taken random jobs as a farmer, English teacher, etc...and has made friends and learned to be fluent in Spanish along the way. He loves it so much that his family can only get him to come back to the United States when there is a major event, and even then he can hardly stand to be here.

His journey has been pretty radical, but there are plenty of options that you could pursue that aren't quite as ambitious.

SLappy, you posted, and got all these responses, and no word back?

You still there?

hope you're well wherever you are...

pnm