• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting Fentanyl Fast Taper - needing advice

CindyinCR

Bluelighter
I have a damaged spine from a slip & fall accident that happened four years ago. I still have great pain, but I am pretty sure that after three years I have built tolerance to my 25 mcgs. of fentanyl and am getting by okay. And so given that life is getting even better since I began a yoga practice, I want to try to taper off of fentanyl.

Current meds : fentanyl 25mcgs every 48 hours, gapapentin 600 3xs, soma 3xs, clonopin .5 2xs, NSAIDs 1xs

Supplies: fentanyl 25mcgs 7 patches, Valium 4, tamazapan 2, OTC codeine (30mgs), and the above meds (tolerant to all).

My concern is that I am 63 and really don't want to put myself through a traumatic withdrawal. The worst part of my opiate withdrawals has been lots of vomiting - sorry (I have been through 3). I am also hoping to get input regarding how to taper. I would have liked to cut my patches by 10% every two days but I don't have enough patches. My PM here in Costa Rica just closed his practice last week without any referrals! So I appreciate any help you may lend.

thank you