• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Starting dose for Dihydrocodeine, and is cwe needed

Preytor

Bluelighter
Haven't done much opiods before other than poppy tea a couple times, so don't have any tolerance whatsoever.

I'm 6'3 and 181 pounds(1,92m 82kg) and got 32 pops of paramol, which are 7.46mg Dihydrocodeine Tartrate and 500mg paracetamol.

Don't mind me a strong or overwhelming experience as long as we staying safe, and don't get too easily nauseous either, so that should be alright.

Basically wondering if 2 of them, so 14.92mg Dihydrocodeine will be enough to get strong effects (and staying within safe range of 1000mg paracetamol) or if I have to do a cold water extraction to get me proper going.

Appreciate the help.

First time taking dihydrocodeine (straight DHC tabs) with no opiate/opioid tolerance I had 180mg & that gave me a nice glow. Tbh I don't think the amount ur planning to take will give ya any sorta buzz

Could be starting yourself a lifelong opiate addiction here js.
Oh that was 24 yrs ago, I've had heroin addiction since then & was on methadone for 19 yrs up until December 2019 so yeah, I did end up going down the addiction path but not straight away, only took the DHC rarely but after a while I got into morphine tabs then the H. But like I say the DHC was only occasional use so didn't get hooked on it first but it did give me my first taste for opies. Actually started using H outta curiosity.... a lot of my mates were doing it for a good while & they would be doing it in the kitchen of a friend's house on a Friday a'noon while I would sit in the living room with my beers watching MTV. One day I decided to see what all the fuss over H was so bought £10 worth & smoked half of it on foil, it made me feel so sick (maybe cos I'd a couple of beers down me) but ended up doing the other half the nxt day & (unfortunately) enjoyed it....

First time taking dihydrocodeine (straight DHC tabs) with no opiate/opioid tolerance I had 180mg & that gave me a nice glow. Tbh I don't think the amount ur planning to take will give ya any sorta buzz
Ah I must have looked up doses for a stronger opiod compound. Will do the cold water extraction on a larger amount of pills. Anyone else confirm if 180mg is a good starting point? That would be 24 of the paramol

Cwe is definitely necessary

120mg is the minimum I would take to get high

I have dosed the whole 36 paramol in one go without negative effects beyond intense itching

Cwe is definitely necessary

120mg is the minimum I would take to get high

I have dosed the whole 36 paramol in one go without negative effects beyond intense itching
Nice one, thanks for the heads up. Would you recommend taking antihistamines with it for the itching or you reckon it's manageable?

Haven't done much opiods before other than poppy tea a couple times, so don't have any tolerance whatsoever.

I'm 6'3 and 181 pounds(1,92m 82kg) and got 32 pops of paramol, which are 7.46mg Dihydrocodeine Tartrate and 500mg paracetamol.

Don't mind me a strong or overwhelming experience as long as we staying safe, and don't get too easily nauseous either, so that should be alright.

Basically wondering if 2 of them, so 14.92mg Dihydrocodeine will be enough to get strong effects (and staying within safe range of 1000mg paracetamol) or if I have to do a cold water extraction to get me proper going.

Appreciate the help.

I'd start with 60mg and if you don't feel enough, take an additional 30-60mg 20 mins later. I definitely wouldn't start with 120mg if you are opioid-naive. That's the same as 240mg codeine or 24mg morphine which is waaayyy too much,

I would very strongly recommend taking an anti-histamine! Dihydrocodeine is nowhere near as bad as codeine for itching, but it can still be fairly intense, especially if you aren't used to it and while anti-histamines can be great at PREVENTING the opi-itch, they're pretty shit at getting rid of the itch once it sets in.

I'd time-line it kinda:

T - 0:00 - 25-50mg Diphenhydramine [Promethazine 10-20mg, or Chlorphenamine 4-8mg work equally well, too.....I assume you're UK since you mention Paramol? All three of those anti-histamines are available OTC fairly cheap]
T - 0:30 - 60mg Dihydrocodeine
then if it's not strong enough a buzz for you
T - 0:50-1:00 - 30mg-60mg Dihydrocodeine

Nice one, thanks for the heads up. Would you recommend taking antihistamines with it for the itching or you reckon it's manageable?
Firstly, as others have said, definitely do a CWE.
Secondly, some people actually really enjoy the opiate itches (I do!!). Maybe wait and see how you go, but have an antihistamine available if you find the itches uncomfortable.

I'd start with 60mg and if you don't feel enough, take an additional 30-60mg 20 mins later. I definitely wouldn't start with 120mg if you are opioid-naive. That's the same as 240mg codeine or 24mg morphine which is waaayyy too much,

I would very strongly recommend taking an anti-histamine! Dihydrocodeine is nowhere near as bad as codeine for itching, but it can still be fairly intense, especially if you aren't used to it and while anti-histamines can be great at PREVENTING the opi-itch, they're pretty shit at getting rid of the itch once it sets in.

I'd time-line it kinda:

T - 0:00 - 25-50mg Diphenhydramine [Promethazine 10-20mg, or Chlorphenamine 4-8mg work equally well, too.....I assume you're UK since you mention Paramol? All three of those anti-histamines are available OTC fairly cheap]
T - 0:30 - 60mg Dihydrocodeine
then if it's not strong enough a buzz for you
T - 0:50-1:00 - 30mg-60mg Dihydrocodeine
could you put this in a sprite and sip it or would that lower the bioavailability? and would that taste bad

Last edited:
could you put this in a sprite and sip it or would that lower the bioavailability? and would that taste bad

Putting it in Sprite shouldn't affect the bioavailability and you'll actually probably feel it faster and a little stronger as you will be swallowing it already dissolved in a liquid rather than a pill which your stomach would have to take time to break down and dissolve. Especially if you take it on an empty stomach.
It would definitely taste bad, though. All opioids tend to be very bitter. The taste isn't as bad as codeine or heroin (those are the most bitter IME). You could put it in a small amount of sprite and down it like a double shot lol. Maybe have some Sprite that's just Sprite set aside to quickly drink after (like people sometimes down a shot of whiskey and they chase it with beer).

Putting it in Sprite shouldn't affect the bioavailability and you'll actually probably feel it faster and a little stronger as you will be swallowing it already dissolved in a liquid rather than a pill which your stomach would have to take time to break down and dissolve. Especially if you take it on an empty stomach.
It would definitely taste bad, though. All opioids tend to be very bitter. The taste isn't as bad as codeine or heroin (those are the most bitter IME). You could put it in a small amount of sprite and down it like a double shot lol. Maybe have some Sprite that's just Sprite set aside to quickly drink after (like people sometimes down a shot of whiskey and they chase it with beer).
i was thinking 100mg Dihydrocodeine with 25mg promethazine in the bottle and sipping on it or should i do 150mg and 50mg, gonna add grenadine or candy to mask the taste

Last edited:
i was thinking 100mg Dihydrocodeine with 25mg promethazine in the bottle and sipping on it or should i do 150mg and 50mg, gonna add grenadine or candy to mask the taste

Dosing depends on body weight, too. Like when I had no tolerance I'd take 60mg, but I only weigh like 110lb, so, for example, someone who weighed 220lb would need to take 120mg to get the same effect.

Dosing depends on body weight, too. Like when I had no tolerance I'd take 60mg, but I only weigh like 110lb, so, for example, someone who weighed 220lb would need to take 120mg to get the same effect.
160lb but id also be sipping it over an hour or 2 so wouldn't the dose have to be a bit higher 2? little to no opiate tolerance def gonna b Dihydrocodeine with promethazine