• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starter Hydrocodone Dose?

AnonFury

Bluelighter
Hello there. I recently had some medical work done, and following my recovery I still had some of the Hydrocodone painkillers I was prescribed. I've heard of it's recreational use, and I'd like to know what a good starter dose is.

Obviously i would like to start this off by saying that this mentality of using this drug for recreational use is a bad road to go down, but i have done it as well, so this is slightly hypocritical, but either way, please be very careful when using these drugs. Space out your usages.

Either way, start at 15mg with some diphenhydramine, youll be feeling great.

Also, what would the diphenhydramine do to better the experience?

NO start at the beginning therapeutic dose of 5mg and wait at least an hour before dosing again. As well do not mix it with another type of sedating drug. Taking 15 of hydro with diph could easily be to much for a non tolerant individual.

NO start at the beginning therapeutic dose of 5mg and wait at least an hour before dosing again. As well do not mix it with another type of sedating drug. Taking 15 of hydro with diph could easily be to much for a non tolerant individual.

Noted.

15mg of Hydrocodone is fine for a first time user. 20mg was my first dose and I was fine and I'm quite a lightweight.

when you were taking them for the pain, were you just taking 5mg every 4 to 6 hours? Did you notice any sort of euphoria? It can be difficult for some to determine they're actually high. It's sort of like being wrapped in a warm blanket, some head tingling, feeling light as a feather. It's very tough to describe to someone who has never gotten an opiate high.

The diphendramine can potentiate the hydrocodone and possibly help with some of the itching that may occur. I wouldn't suggest using it your first few times until you know what a recreational dosage will be for you unless of course you're needing it to help with the itching. Most times your nose gets itchy and worse case your whole body gets itchy. I would suggest 10 to 15 mg for a recreational dose. Some people get nausous so if you have anything for nausa you may want to have that handy.

Assuming your hydrocodone has aceteminophen in it, please keep in mind that you should not exceed 3,500 to 4,000 milligrams of aceteminophen per day as it can harm the liver. Doing it a few times isn't going to cause immediate damage but repeatedly doing it will be harmful.

15 mgs is fine but don't potentiate it and don't drink alcohol..,keep in mind you might get nauseous so maybe don't take it on an empty stomach until you know how it affects you.

I agree with some of the others. 15-20 mgs, starting dose.

I've only used hydrocodone 2 or 3 times, but approx. 20 mgs was my sweet-spot for that drug. After doing lots of heroin that'd probably feel like eating tic tacs though

OD - > BDD
@OP, please read the rules and OD posting standards before posting next time.
Dosage discussion belongs to Basic Drug Discussion

Yeah I've heard how nasty aceteminophen can be on the liver, and I'm happy to say that mine has ibprofen instead (7.5/200). I think I'm going to start at 15 and see how it goes.

15mg of Hydrocodone is fine for a first time user. 20mg was my first dose and I was fine and I'm quite a lightweight.

Agree. 5mg oxycodone gets me high and 15mg is a good recreational dose on the lower end for me. It's equivalent to about 10mg oxy, right? Which is what I got rx'd 3-4x daily after a surgery when I was a teenager and weighed 100 pounds (no tolerance either) so I'd imagine it would be safe for most adults. I think it's safer for a non tolerant/inexperiencd person to take that dose at once than to try and feel it out and potentially OD. IMO its not easy to do that until you have some experience, I think a lot of people are underwhelmed by the intensity of the opiate high at first and can mistakenly feel safe taking higher doses. It happened to me all the time on benzos when I first started using them and I'd black out all the time.

Obviously i would like to start this off by saying that this mentality of using this drug for recreational use is a bad road to go down, but i have done it as well, so this is slightly hypocritical, but either way, please be very careful when using these drugs. Space out your usages.

Either way, start at 15mg with some diphenhydramine, youll be feeling great.

I ended up taking 15mg Hydrocodone with diphenhydramine (as you advised) and I felt great.

15 mg is a typical starting dose, wouldn't go higher than that the first time.