• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Started Methadone Today

mhansen43

Bluelighter
So I got my first dose of methadone today,I have about a 40-50 bag habit a day (I snort it) and unfortunately the most they could give me was 30mg and they will only go up 5mg every couple of days for 2 weeks until I reach 60mg (this is a state facility so I knew it was gonna be like this. The dose didn't help at all i didn't think for one second it would take it all away but I thought it would help a little. The doctor even told me to go use if I needed to until they get me stable but to be careful. But now I'm wondering if it will even help at all I mean the 30mg didn't help at all like not even a little bit so I mean how much is it going to take for the withdraw to be gone will 60mg even help? I would if loved to get back on subs but with the fentanyl in my shit I've waited 50 hours before and went into precipitated withdraw so I've been too scared to try again plus I can't hold out that long. I get going on methadone there is alot of risks including the withdraw and coming off it but I felt like I had no choice I don't want to keep using. How hard is it to come off of if only did it for about 6 weeks? Any tulips for helping the withdraw from the methadone be as light as possible?

That what I started at also, eventually got up to 100mg.

That what I started at also, eventually got up to 100mg.
So you didn't feel complete relief until you were up to 100mg? How much were you using when you switched to methadone? Also I'm obviously going to keep going back so will it start working better even at 30mg if I keep taking it everyday? Like I said in my post I am going to be able to go up 5mg every couple of days for 2 weeks until I reach 60mg is what the doctor told me and then go from there so on Thursday I'll go up to 35mg then Saturday I'll go up to 40mg then 45mg next Monday and so on until I reach 60mg so I'm just wondering that even while I'm still at 30mg will it start to work better like tomorrow and Wednesday since I'll be doing it everyday or it just won't really help until I reach the amount my withdrawal actually needs. Sorry I'm brand new to this so idk what to expect and I really just want to get off junk so badly but withdraw is the main reason I keep using. I had to go get junk today because like I said the methadone at that dose didn't even touch my withdraw symptoms so I am hoping maybe by Wednesday or Thursday I won't have to keep using anymore to combat the withdraw. Thanks in advance for any help with this I truly appreciate it!

I don't even remember how much dope I was using but I was spending a shitload of money on it. I got up to a 100mg at my peak, eventually started weeing myself down to 15 mg then just quit altogether. I was on methadone for 7 years but I have been off of it now for 10 years. Stopped it right at my 30th birthday and I turned 40 this year.

Make sure the clinic gives you regular blood tests and EKGs every once in a while because that stuff is really pretty bad for your heart and liver.