• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

ssri question

puddin877

Greenlighter
hey guys new to this place and I was wondering if my friend had been on lexapro 10mg a day for the past week and half, if he stops 72 hours b4 mdxA would he be able to have a good time? He plans on continuing the lexapro the day after but doesnt want to waste his money if the ssri would reduce the awesomeness. thank you for the help and sorry if this postis in the wrong area.

half-life of lexapro is 27-32 hours.
i read a drug takes at least 7 half-lives to effectively clear the system.
so 189 hours at least.
so about 8 days to clear your system.
So to answer your question, no, probably wait longer

I can't recall how long you're required to be off Lexapro before you can roll, but I'm 99% certain it's MUCH longer than 3 days :(

It is truly unfortunate that people on SSRIs can not roll. I am currently going through this with my g/f. Her depression has since reached a head and she feels she is losing sight of things that are great in this world. We have not rolled in years but she wants to because she has such fond memories of it affirming our bond as well as giving her a huge shot of happiness and something to "hold on" to, in the sense that "hey it can always happen again!'

The problem is locating something worth while (way way harder then it sounds when you have a test kit and know what you want) as well as figuring out when to plan for the medication. She is currently on 100mg of Trazodone a day, between 100-200mg depending and even though it is a lower SSRI it will still impact it. Advising someone to stop taking their meds is incredibly risky and her issue is she wants it like yesterday. So for about 6 days she would ask if it would happen tonight and everyone would say maybe so she wouldnt take her meds and then really have a hard time with it.

I wish there was some well documented thing i could refer to so I could know the time it takes to get out of her system. Like I said it sucks that chemical induced happiness can be blocked by chemicals that induce happiness.

It is truly unfortunate that people on SSRIs can not roll. I am currently going through this with my g/f. Her depression has since reached a head and she feels she is losing sight of things that are great in this world. We have not rolled in years but she wants to because she has such fond memories of it affirming our bond as well as giving her a huge shot of happiness and something to "hold on" to, in the sense that "hey it can always happen again!'

The problem is locating something worth while (way way harder then it sounds when you have a test kit and know what you want) as well as figuring out when to plan for the medication. She is currently on 100mg of Trazodone a day, between 100-200mg depending and even though it is a lower SSRI it will still impact it. Advising someone to stop taking their meds is incredibly risky and her issue is she wants it like yesterday. So for about 6 days she would ask if it would happen tonight and everyone would say maybe so she wouldnt take her meds and then really have a hard time with it.

I wish there was some well documented thing i could refer to so I could know the time it takes to get out of her system. Like I said it sucks that chemical induced happiness can be blocked by chemicals that induce happiness.
It takes much longer than just a few days if she's been on an SSRI for a while. It's completely useless for her to stop taking the SSRI a few days in advance, the chemical itself might have cleared from her body but the effects will linger for a much longer time. Months for some people, not days. As you rightfully concluded it's very risky to stop a treatment just to be able to roll. And while the effectiveness of SSRI's is still being debated I think she should listen to her doctor. Taking a drug while in a severe depression might turn out to be counterproductive, putting her in an even worse mindset afterwards. This isn't guaranteed to happen of course, but I don't think it's worth the risk. Also trazodone has withdrawal, so it's not advised to stop taking it cold turkey, better to wean off of it under medical supervision. After the treatment is completed of course

^ I am aware of all that. Are you at all familiar with trazodone? Just wondering because its not an SSRI like other "anti depressants" its actually an SARI and has a half life of 7 hours. Because of its "negligible SSRI effect" at doses under 200mg it may not take all that long. I dont think its worth the risk but she does, and you can not force someone to do something either way.

Still I wish there was someway to know. I think if she has a few days off in advance, lowers her dosage to 50mg or something she would be ok. It sucks when someone values something so much that you end up with a decision such as this. I was never "for" medication until someone I loved went through something this hard. I was never one of those SSRIs are terrible people but I would never thought id beg someone to try anti psychotics or to "please just try something else if its so bad" ya know.

hey guys,

similar question. I have been taking 10mg of citalopram for the past 4 days on recommendation from my GP. after seeing my psychologist she thinks I don't need the SSRI and am responding well to CBT. Yesterday I took a 5mg dose of citalopram as I want to wean off it, even though I have been taking it for a very short period of time.

In 7 days time I am thinking about taking a 125mg dose of mdma. would it be safe to do so? and will my roll be lessened?

Thanks

hey guys,

similar question. I have been taking 10mg of citalopram for the past 4 days on recommendation from my GP. after seeing my psychologist she thinks I don't need the SSRI and am responding well to CBT. Yesterday I took a 5mg dose of citalopram as I want to wean off it, even though I have been taking it for a very short period of time.

In 7 days time I am thinking about taking a 125mg dose of mdma. would it be safe to do so? and will my roll be lessened?

Thanks

SSRIs causing serotonin syndrome in combination with MDMA is very very rare.
the worst that could happen is your roll could be diminished or nonexistant.
but you are on a low dose.
It really isn't necessary to taper off of a 10mg dose of citalopram, citalopram tapering is usually done 10mg at a time anyway.

SSRIs causing serotonin syndrome in combination with MDMA is very very rare.
the worst that could happen is your roll could be diminished or nonexistant.
but you are on a low dose.
It really isn't necessary to taper off of a 10mg dose of citalopram, citalopram tapering is usually done 10mg at a time anyway.

Don't underestimate citalopram. They told me the same shit when they took me off 20mg that I was only on for two months... 10 days later the shocks started, my panic attacks were worse than ever, and I would still have paralyzing zaps occasionally for another few months. It's one of the worst SSRIs to come off of because of how selective it is.