• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

SSRI (Lexapro) & Cannabis

thizzin' since 98

Bluelighter
So I'm about two and a half weeks on 10mg Lexapro and to my suprise, my tolerance to weed has changed exponentially.

Before starting the Lexapro, I was a very casual smoker, smoking two or three times a week, one or two hits of some mid, before bed to help sleep and would be pretty high.

Now, I can finish one or two bowls before bed, and have a comfortable high with minimal anxiety.

Normally my anxiety would be pretty high, which is why I always smoked before bed so I could sleep off the anxiety.

How did the Lexapro completey change my tolerance to weed in such a small period of time?

How does the way marijuana and antidepressants affect the brain correlate with eachother?

You developed a tolerance since you're smoking more often, and smoking a larger amount of herb.

The SSRI Lexapro is an anti-anxiety drug so if you are anxious or have a panic disorder it will greatly decrease your levels of anxiety or panic.

Also, for some people who are anxious in general, or who get this way after smoking the more often they smoke herb the less anxious they feel as they get used to being high.

If you were to take a break from smoking for a month and get rid of your tolerance you would get super high from a tiny amount of herb, and your anxiety from smoking might return.