• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants SSRI and Methamphetamine mixture

Tarrinitup

Greenlighter
Has has anybody else experienced serious serotonin syndrome symptoms mixing SSRI medication and methamphetamine? Also has anybody experience extreme SSRI withdrawal symptoms do 2 coming off of methamphetamine after being on SSRI medication for years? I personally take 40 mg of celexa prescribed which helps me with my major depression mixing dangerous serotonin syndrome symptoms so I now separate the two for when I come off the recreational it's almost immediately body withdrawals from the recreational that I start experiencing SSRI withdrawal symptoms that get worse and worse until I take the celexa almost debilitating withdrawal symptoms.....

I am on 50mgs of fluvoxamine per day. Never experienced any problems while i was doing meth. Actually i think it make side effects and comedown milder. And you can't even get serotonine syndrome because meth is mostly dopaminergic, not serotonergic.

I am on 50mgs of fluvoxamine per day. Never experienced any problems while i was doing meth. Actually i think it make side effects and comedown milder. And you can't even get serotonine syndrome because meth is mostly dopaminergic, not serotonergic.

Exactly this. SS gets brought up here frequently in regards to meth/SSRI use and ive tried bringing up that very point but got no reply either way. I take 50 mg zoloft daily in the early morning (always a good 4-5 hours after last dose of meth) and if anything, the zoloft pretty much makes the comedowns disappear.
Whats bad about that is it makes quitting extremely difficult.

Last edited:
Exactly this. SS gets brought up here frequently in regards to meth/SSRI use and ive tried bringing up that very point but got no reply either way. I take 50 mg zoloft daily in the early morning (always a good 4-5 hours after last dose of meth) and if anything, the zoloft pretty much makes the comedowns disappear.
Whats bad about that is i attribute my daily use for last whole year to this.

Yep. Anti-psychotics like Abilify also make harsh comedowns disappear so tend to facilitate greater usage (also because they cut the peak of your high encouraging you to take bigger doses).

Modafinil and Ssri's are great together. But amphetamines works more like releasers of dopamine, noradrenaline, serotonine and one study concluded than modafinil (dnri + histamine, oxytocin etc) lessen meth effects so maybe ssri would do the same.

Has has anybody else experienced serious serotonin syndrome symptoms mixing SSRI medication and methamphetamine?

Could you not try switching up to dexamp rather than meth. Meth has the same dopamine release profile but also releases far more seratonin. In many ways it can feel a bit like MDMA. Dexamp should provide far less increase in serotonin and related transmitters.

There are even some theories that the scattered mind you get from too much meth use is the interaction between seratonin and dopamine .. who knows if I'm talking crap there, but it does seem to make broad sense. I don't like to call that brain damage as the separation between the physicallity and the mental experience of the mind is IMHO pretty meaningless as the two are so heavily interlocked.

I've developed pretty hardcore amphetamine tolerance and meth use has changed significantly for me. I find it scatters my mind much less .. and I don't spend 15 hours writting 8 page responses to 1 line questions.

Just a thought .. please take care and best of luck in staying healthy and with happy highs.

Oh .. and if your a heavy stim user that's having a had time pullling back your use to something less harmful .. you can be pretty certain that dexamp with scratch that need for stims itch you may have if you've got a stim habit. The transition isn't 100% easy, but it isn't hard and it sure keeps my mood in check and doesn't have the side effects of meth.

Oh .. and if your a heavy stim user that's having a had time pullling back your use to something less harmful .. you can be pretty certain that dexamp with scratch that need for stims itch you may have if you've got a stim habit. The transition isn't 100% easy, but it isn't hard and it sure keeps my mood in check and doesn't have the side effects of meth.
Interesting posts. I tried to substitute dex for meth recently but it did not kill my cravings - I suspect because my dosage - 40 mg a day was too low compared to my meth levels - half a gram a day. I’m going to try again with much more dex I think.

Interesting posts. I tried to substitute dex for meth recently but it did not kill my cravings - I suspect because my dosage - 40 mg a day was too low compared to my meth levels - half a gram a day. I’m going to try again with much more dex I think.

Yeah .. if you've got a meth habit start with 40mg .. but expect to have to build up to 100mg - 200mg. I've heard of long term methamp users needing 100mg/day just to feel "normal." There was a post on here you can probably find with search about some guy who was prescribed 100mg. The whole point was to get him functional and he clearly wanted to get off a 20 odd year meth habit. Sounds like it worked for him .. though who know if he just relapsed .. it's a positive start.

Dexamp also doesn't run as long .. but that's a good thing. I've never been on a month run dexamp burn out .. but you better believe I've been on a meth one .. or two. Nothing like waking up in a squat with the worst headache feeling like a plague victim who is suffering from malnutrition. Thank god I've got a very low sex drive .. or you could probably add STDs to that.

Yeah .. if you've got a meth habit start with 40mg .. but expect to have to build up to 100mg - 200mg. I've heard of long term methamp users needing 100mg/day just to feel "normal." There was a post on here you can probably find with search about some guy who was prescribed 100mg. The whole point was to get him functional and he clearly wanted to get off a 20 odd year meth habit. Sounds like it worked for him .. though who know if he just relapsed .. it's a positive start.

Dexamp also doesn't run as long .. but that's a good thing. I've never been on a month run dexamp burn out .. but you better believe I've been on a meth one .. or two. Nothing like waking up in a squat with the worst headache feeling like a plague victim who is suffering from malnutrition. Thank god I've got a very low sex drive .. or you could probably add STDs to that.
My script is only 30 mg a day but I have a few months back supply from meth days when I saved the dexies. It would be awesome to get a script for 100 mg a day but the only clinic in Australia that could do it recently closed down. I’m not so much worried about feeling normal but i really want to kill my cravings since they beat me every time.

My script is only 30 mg a day but I have a few months back supply from meth days when I saved the dexies. It would be awesome to get a script for 100 mg a day but the only clinic in Australia that could do it recently closed down. I’m not so much worried about feeling normal but i really want to kill my cravings since they beat me every time.

That sucks .. the post I'm thinking of (I did just search for it .. but couldn't find it) was definitely from the US. Given they feed that stuff to children like candy there .. they ain't gonna have a problem scripting an ex-meth addict a high dose if it helps get them functional.

You can of course get illicit amps .. though in Aus that's hard .. and really it's not that great an idea. If it comes in a box with blisters it doesn't go in that slot in your head that says .. bang it all and lets get loaded.

Who knows .. if you stick it out and make sure you're e.g. taking weekends off eventually 40mg might become enough. The bit in between might not be fun and might have to involve lots of healthy things like exercise and positive thinking. Yeah .. I'm with you on that one - if I was any good at those I wouldn't be taking stims ..

One other thing just occured to me about cravings and stims. When you've been on the stims for a long time you must've noticed that a small dose will actually calm your down rather than make you high .. basically cos you've got ADD. I can take a small dose.. go ahhhhhhhhh .. and then go to sleep (cos I sleep like shit these days). I've also noticed that cravings are a real knife edge thing around this - if I take too little .. so I'm not chilled and not high ... my cravings will go silly nuts ... x100 what they were before but if I take enough to just start breaking through to getting high .. the cravings back off.

Been really hard for me to experiment with as I've only ever had illicit crap street drugs but if you've got proper pills you might be able to work out what's going on there. Maybe some other stim freaks out there will have more insight too. Maybe you should start a thread explicitly on cravings.

Been like 2 weeks since I last took stims .. and damn am I craving the bastards! So .. we can definitely confirm not taking stims makes us want to take stims. What an amazing discovery hey! .. I feel your pain! it sucks!

Last edited:
One other thing just occured to me about cravings and stims. When you've been on the stims for a long time you must've noticed that a small dose will actually calm your down rather than make you high .. basically cos you've got ADD. I can take a small dose.. go ahhhhhhhhh .. and then go to sleep (cos I sleep like shit these days). I've also noticed that cravings are a real knife edge thing around this - if I take too little .. so I'm not chilled and not high ... my cravings will go silly nuts ... x100 what they were before but if I take enough to just start breaking through to getting high .. the cravings back off.

Been really hard for me to experiment with as I've only ever had illicit crap street drugs but if you've got proper pills you might be able to work out what's going on there. Maybe some other stim freaks out there will have more insight too. Maybe you should start a thread explicitly on cravings.

Been like 2 weeks since I last took stims .. and damn am I craving the bastards! So .. we can definitely confirm not taking stims makes us want to take stims. What an amazing discovery hey! .. I feel your pain! it sucks!
^^ This is a very insightful point and reflects my own experience. Part of the reason my binges only last 48 hours is to avoid psychosis but as my habit has progressed it is also because of the paradoxical effects after about two days.

Normally a .2 or .3 shot will get me bright eyed and bushy tailed with highish (relative) sociability, extreme wakefulness and sharp attention and focus with strong pro-sexual effects if I let my attention go that way.

Usually I redose .1 or .2 about every 8 hours and maintain the same level of high for 24 hours or so. These redoses come with a good rush. However sometime after 36 hours, additional shots start making me very chill and eventually tired. I can’t sleep but feel no energy in my body and my focus and attention really decreases. I’ll often just lie there and listen to chill music in a kind of half-sleep until I take a benzos/clonidine/seroquel combo to switch off totally and sync with my normal sleep cycle.

When I wake up I’m totally rested and feel no residual speediness, no typical comedown symptoms like anxiety and I function fairly normally for about 48 more hours (though with some obvious cognitive impairment).

Then, like clockwork, cravings hit me like a tonne of bricks and within another 48 hours the whole cycle repeats itself. Coffee and modest doses of dex might give me another day or two straight but I rarely get more than a week.Just enough time so that I won’t have the paradoxical effects straight away when I start again.

God this thread is bringing back memories of locking my stims in a box with timer locks .. and then sawing them off. Repeatedly ...

For amphetamine substitution to work you really have to be provided the doses in limited quantities and calibrated to the level that returns enough functionality to give you a chance to back off the habit. I had decent speed .. but I couldn't keep the doses small as I had big bags (you can't buy 50mg of speed every day .. illicit markets can't work like that). Sitll .. it'll only work if you really want or need it to.

Best of luck to you all ... and don't worry - you'll slow down a bit when the tolerance kicks in. At about 10 years .. I can only get high for about 4 hours .. so I only do it like once a week these days. And only for 1 or 2 days depending on if it's meth. Plus it makes retirement planning really fucking easy .. and as a bonus I'm never tempted to go to coke parties.