View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SSRI and LSD Experiences

MMMcake5217

Greenlighter
SWIM took 30mg Mirtazapine for about a year and is now tapering off of it by taking 15mg for a week, while starting 5mg Lexapro the same day SWIM dosed down to 15mg Mirtazapine. SWIM is on the 6th day of taking Lexapro, and is directed to continue use for depression and anxiety. SWIM has been wanting to try LSD as a new, eye-opening experince as SWIM has never done LSD before. SWIM has researched a lot and knows that SSRIs decrease the effects of LSD, but at the same time has found that many people have had "breakthroughs" and not struggled at all with having a successful trip.
SWIMs question is mostly directed to people who have had experience with tripping LSD while on Lexapro. How does it decrease the effects? Did it decrease at all? How much would be a suggested LSD dose for a first-timer on 5mg Lexapro?
Thank you in advance!

I'm on lexapro and I find it has little to no effect on lysergic substances. It does reduce the effects of mushrooms, but not by enough to be problematic. I've had satisfying experiences with mushrooms, LSD, AL-LAD, and LSA. I've had limited experiences with DMT and it does seem to reduce its effects as it does with mushrooms. Increasing the dosage seems to be the solution. 5 mg is a tiny dose, I'm on 15 myself. I'd just do a standard dose, not sure what form you have. I don't think you need to adjust the dose to counter the SSRI, you can base your next dose on the first experience. Hope that's helpful!

Also, we don't swim here. Just use the first person.

I was in Zoloft for a year (not exactly lexapro, but same mode of action so the results shouldnt be different) it does reduce potency a little bit, but not enough to kill the trip. Ive done LSD, Nbomes, and shrooms quite a few times on zoloft with no problems. And if one tab doesnt do it for you, you can always take 2 next time (after your 2 week toplerace break ofc

I had a friend who was on 50mg of zoloft (sertaline) for a long time. We once shared a blotter of pretty potent acid. He said he could feel it and that he enjoyed it but didn't notice any visuals, whereas I got mild breathing and animated tracers from that amount. Mirtazapine on the other hand is an antagonist on many receptors that psychedelics have agonistic effects on. I'd expect that to block the effects much more that SSRIs. I think some people even use it as a trip killer in case of a bad trip. Might be worth saving your acid until you've gone off the mirtazapine.

Just so you know we don't SWIM here :). Use first person please.

Happy tripping!