View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SSRI’s, Anit-psychotics

RowdyMic

Bluelighter
So I’ve been prescribed Lamictal and Zyprexa for about 4 years for bi-polar 2 with psychoactive features. Just a heads up to save your money, time, as well as health and possible fatal consequences, do not take recreational drugs that fuck with your serotonin. You can end up with serotonin syndrome, which in some cases can kill you. When you do take drugs such as LSD, DMT, mushrooms, cocaine and I’m sure much more that meds work with serotonin. If you do take them on these type of meds the only thing you will feel is an un-easy stimulant effect with anxiety and paranoia. no euphoria or trip. Instead your head will start to hurt and you will be stuck like that for however long the drug you took lasts for. It’s a total waste with much risk and no reward. Seriously, you won’t feel shit. I thought it was bullshit once. I thought I just got ripped off on an lsd sheet thinking it was fake, I took 3, didn’t feel shit. The next day I took about 10 worth and didn’t trip or have visuals or a trip. Then I finally finished the 50 hit sheet with 25 hits and nothing. (I am an experienced psychonaught that had taken god doses of lsd a couple of times) So I was ok with taking that much (experienced or not it was stupid to take that much) and I later ran a test kit on the sheet and it came up positive for lsd. So just a heads up don’t bother dealing with them. You should not go off your meds just for a trip because it is not worth risking your health over it.

Damn!

try to keep off the prescription drugs - find out why people need them and try not to be one of those people. I guess.

Damn!

try to keep off the prescription drugs - find out why people need them and try not to be one of those people. I guess.
Nah I actually need them. If I stop them for more than 3 months and even stay sober I go manic, stop sleeping for 3 days at a time, then eventually seizure. They do work bc I can feel them working when I take psychedelics. I literally feel it in my head fighting to stay stable. Being on meds suck, the weight gain sucks and with the career I have requires ALOT of memory and critical thinking which the prescription meds make my head foggy and effects me sometimes forget little critical things. but If I stopped taking them completely I’d be fucked. I posted this thread for the people who google what happens if you take (whatever drug) while on SSRI’s and other medications.

right,
well, psychedelics don't work for you on SSRI's and don't really work for anyone on SSRI's.

If you need SSRI's then you need them, and if you say this is not the place to question why you need them then I'm done with asking.

right,
well, psychedelics don't work for you on SSRI's and don't really work for anyone on SSRI's.

If you need SSRI's then you need them, and if you say this is not the place to question why you need them then I'm done with asking.
I’m explaining what happens when you are on sssri’s and take drugs such as LSD. All you get is a stimulative high and nothing else. The answer isn’t on google so I put it up for whoever is curious about trying it. Be aware of serotonin syndrome guys, it can kill.

right,

LSD still works with SSRIs and the psychedelic experience is not diminished, weakened, etc. It is also like this with Psilocybin mushrooms.

With anti-psychotic drugs the OP mentioned, and even benzodiazepines, those will diminish or make psychedelic drugs not work.

LSD still works with SSRIs and the psychedelic experience is not diminished, weakened, etc. It is also like this with Psilocybin mushrooms.

With anti-psychotic drugs the OP mentioned, and even benzodiazepines, those will diminish or make psychedelic drugs not work.
I disagree. I’ve taken more than 10 hits of Ehrlich (positive) tested LSD and had no trip or visuals. It’s just a stimulative odd feeling. Same goes for MDMA and even coke. Only thing that can bypass SSRI’s from my experience is benzos. Can’t say anything about opioids because I haven’t done them in 5-6 years and never will again. Don’t waste your money or time on psychs, it really sucks but if your on them you are on em for a reason and don’t stop just for a trip, you can really fuck yourself up.

I’m on Zyprexa, lamictal and xanax for having gran mal seizures and I’m bi polar 2 with psychoactive features. That’s what I’m prescribed. I’ve been on this combination for about 4 years and haven’t had any episodes or seizures. I’m telling you they completely block trips as well as euphoria unfortunately.

I disagree. I’ve taken more than 10 hits of Ehrlich (positive) tested LSD and had no trip or visuals. It’s just a stimulative odd feeling. Same goes for MDMA and even coke. Only thing that can bypass SSRI’s from my experience is benzos. Can’t say anything about opioids because I haven’t done them in 5-6 years and never will again. Don’t waste your money or time on psychs, it really sucks but if your on them you are on em for a reason and don’t stop just for a trip, you can really fuck yourself up.
Everyone's brain chemistry and reaction to drugs are different. I know someone who took LSD in the 1960s and he did not trip on it at all. Everyone else who took the same acid tripped on it, so it was not fake or low dosed.

Which other drugs were you on? I took LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms while on Prozac and on another SSRI and I know others who did as well, and we all still tripped super hard and the effects of the acid or mushrooms were not diminished.

An ex of mine took MDMA while on Prozac and Effexor and he got super high off of the ecstasy. Another friend took MDMA, MDA, and 2C-B on Sertraline and he got super high on those drugs, but he never abused them or went crazy with them and took them maybe once or twice a year at raves.

I try to take it once every couple of months due to LSD’s tolerance build up. When I take the LSD I take it by itself. I’ve only had wave visuals and breathing effects once. I even hit DMT 6 times in a row with no trip or breakthrough, instead it almost felt like the build up to salvia or special k.

right,

ive been stable for 3 years it normally says if youre okay within a year i can get off of them.

ive been stable for 3 years it normally says if youre okay within a year i can get off of them.
Anti-psychotics are a bitch to get off. I’m not sure about Zyprexa but I had to make 3 attempts to get off Abilify because the withdrawal and rebound effects were so severe. You don’t just stop and get over them in a week.

Anti-psychotics are a bitch to get off. I’m not sure about Zyprexa but I had to make 3 attempts to get off Abilify because the withdrawal and rebound effects were so severe. You don’t just stop and get over them in a week.
my psychiatrist is obviously a nut bc she just said ok and that was it. i figured ok no withdrawals or anything. thank god i tried going off them on my vacation days off work and thank god i did, bc it was harder than dope, and it can last up to 2 years.. can i switch to an anti psychotic like seroquel and itll cancel out the zyprexa withdrawals? when i got seroquels it was nothing