Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Squat / Illegal / Forest / Free Parties

rickolasnice

Bluelighter
Hello again.. It's been a while o_O

Assuming squat parties still happen.. Does anyone have a link or number for more details? Preferably London ways but any and all are wanted.

And hellooooo and much love to all that have any idea as to who i am (and those that don't).. What have I missed? ;) .. <3

Seek your local Trustafarian, and ye shall find.

Don't expect much in the way of fun though. Fuckin' hippies.

Of course they still happen. No one is going to give you a number on the internet these days though really. I'm pretty out of the loop these days but I believe every1sound still put out a number on their fb page, although it seems the location goes on to that number later than other numbers that are about. Basically you need to find your way to a few parties and make some friends that go regular to get more numbers.

Don't expect much in the way of fun though. Fuckin' hippies.
Putting on decent parties is about the only thing you can rely on a hippie for! The massive influx of punks into the party scene doesn't hurt, either.

There hasn't really been an influx of punks in to the scene, the entire london squat scene was borne out of the punk squat scene of the 80s (at least in part).

There hasn't really been an influx of punks in to the scene, the entire london squat scene was borne out of the punk squat scene of the 80s (at least in part).

The 80s scene was predominately anarcho/peace/crustpunks and travellers but things have moved on from then - until 4 or 5 years ago the number of punks (of any kind) at parties has been tiny, instead infested with wannabe roodbwois and capitalist-hippies.

The 80s scene was predominately anarcho/peace/crustpunks and travellers but things have moved on from then - until 4 or 5 years ago the number of punks (of any kind) at parties has been tiny, instead infested with wannabe roodbwois and capitalist-hippies.

Depends what parties you go to. Scene is indeed filled with the types you mention but London multirig parties in the early noughties often had a punk room and it's not been uncommon to see at parties since then although not amazingly regular either. There has been a continuous punk squat/party scene seperate from the rave scene as well the whole time since then for sure, but it's not the sort of thing I know much about because I'm a techno head.

OK.. what about raves / clubs / parties in london that have a nice chill vibe? Planet Angel in vauxhaul (always done in hidden club) is one but they're not doing a party until octoberish.

Dance Tunnel in Dalston can be, depending on the night, but it can also be a proper sweatbox. Good club.

My favourite is Oval Space. It's by a disused gasometer, if you've not heard of it. Both places have lovely people and a great vibe if you're not the sort to dismiss 'hipsters'.

Last edited:
You wont just find numbers dude, you need to get in with the rig crew or people that frequent the parties. They release a number on the night of the party with details so its unlikely you will randomly come across it. I would put on some our door parties but its a risk as if the babbers close it down they take all the equipment and destroy it, I would lose the plot if that happened to me. If anyone knows of any private land you could get permission to use then that's a different story, myself and the rest of the SYM have all the equipment needed between on and I would be happy to do a no hold barred rinse out till sunrise and beyond. Dj CatInDeHat could dust of his vinyls and treat everyone to some vintage underground Techno if he was up for it : D