View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sports and psychedelics

psykedenlitenment

Bluelighter
What I'm wondering is: does watching a sporting event charge, or supplement/keep moving, your inner dialogue while tripping? To me, it provides a stimulus, some propagation, keeping things moving forward. We know Hunter was a sports writer and quite the football fan; the only thing that he had in common with Nixon. In 'buffalo roam', it seems also, if only as a skeleton, as a vehicle for the narrative he was providing his readers. I recently was on DOC and noticed this effect, but only recently have become aware of it.

What I'm wondering is: does watching a sporting event charge, or supplement/keep moving, your inner dialogue while tripping? To me, it provides a stimulus, some propagation, keeping things moving forward. We know Hunter was a sports writer and quite the football fan; the only thing that he had in common with Nixon. In 'buffalo roam', it seems also, if only as a skeleton, as a vehicle for the narrative he was providing his readers. I recently was on DOC and noticed this effect, but only recently have become aware of it.

I remember back on New Years Day 1991, I was with my girlfriend in Andover Massachusettes. It was a sunny day and the woods were covered in snow. We took Mushrooms and had a great explore. Oh man the sunshine shining off the snow shimmered in a thousands colors I'd never seen before, it was amazing. Then after a few hours I went inside and watched the Orange Bowl with her dad. I was still super high. OH MY GOD! It was so violent( and I love football). I kept commenting on it, and my girlfriend kept hitting me every time I said something. I was saying things like. "Jesus! Most of the stuff going on here, you'd be arrested for if you did it out on the street." I just tripped out so hard on how ultra violent it was. All sports are essentially trying to align a group with the Tao. And whoever does it more tightly wins. It's true of individual sports like tennis as well. It's all about trying to stay in the flow of the Tao, and to push them out of of it. There are a lot better things to do than watch sports on TV when you're tripping though. Just going for a walk and feeling the wind on your skin is more profound than that. Athletes(especially football players) are like slaves.

Hahaha, I actually mainly had an ear bud in, still one too many most times, and was on a walk from the second quarter on through the third with the puppy. I'm a very audio based person. I prefer playing with the puppy when I'm exploring, but having it in the background was interesting