• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Spoke to a prospective MP regarding legal and medical Cannabis (Canadian Election)

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Finally had someone in this bloody election call me. I disused medical MJ and legalization/regulation/taxation.

Our election is on October 19th (a Monday)

We don't vote for a Prime Minister or a party; we vote riding by riding (and although the major parties have candidates in every riding, it's not set in stone, and party members are freely able to cross the aisle or change sides after getting elected). The winners who are able to form a government (and prime minister/cabinet) are the largest block of members who can form a stable government. It's a pretty fucked up, but entertaining system of government, because you can get a majority government with about 35% of the votes (don't ask)

The outcome at the moment is

probably

45% chance of a conservative government (minority). No change in MJ status
50% chance of an NDP minority government. Immediate decriminalization with 'study' of legalization
5% chance of a conservative majority government. No change in MJ status.

I don't think the Liberals will achieve even a minority government. Their leader currently does not support a Liberal-NDP coalition government.

So that's it. Canadian government dissolved tomorrow, and 2 1/2 months of nastiness.

I think Ohio is going to go legal this fall. That's another 11 million that could have legal MJ in a few months.

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

I disused medical MJ and legalization/regulation/taxation.

That's more than many people are ready to do, thanks for sharing! :)

...not set in stone... 45% ... 50% ... 5% ...

Somehow the situation has an ironic twist to it because it's here in Québec where Thomas Mulcair was seen most in daily governement action, e.g. with reponsabilities while reacting in front of TV cameras and also those in the provincial parliament of Québec city. He once acted as minister of natural resources (or something along those lines), that put him in diffifult positions which he defended despite controversy from his own party, and yet each time mister Mulcair chose the right principles to defend. My suggestion of Google Search keywords would be "Thomas Mulcair" Rabaska Laval Suroît Orford. That should provide a few leads IMO.

486558-nouvel-alignement-astres-fait-sourire.jpg

He's no favorite of mine but MiniPET dropped the ball and The Bloc Québécois's ressuscitation is such bad-timing! Many years ago i've had opportunities to listen at Mulcair often, he left a durable impression and most especially after some mediatized clash with his former boss Jean Charest it seemed... This makes him a lesser evil even here i'd say. If only that were Jack!!

:|

While Justin just wasted TWO chances to seduce one really aprehensive audience last year:

SRC: Tout le monde en parle {2014-Feb-23}​

Lepage --> "Donc vous voulez nationaliser?"
Trudeau --> "Non, on veut réguler et contrôler pour que les gens doivent montrer les cartes d'identité..."

A popular interviewer said « So you want to nationalize? » and Justin MiniPET Trudeau answered « No, we want to rule and control so consumers must show their cards! »​

In any case the "Marihuana" subject appeared to be only worth some stereotypical joke at best, hence he's not reaching me at all because if he did genuinely intend to bring JUSTICE in such matters then i'd expect him to EDUCATE instead of ENTERTAIN...

...i heard him last Sunday evening at TLMEP, on the French TV station of Radio-Canada, having a comment which didn't last 10 seconds while on prime-time with everyone watching, because of his book... Only to sound amnesic all the sudden. Juge for yourself:

SRC (TLMEP): Égoportrait (2014-Oct-19)​

Danny Turcotte: Ça a l'air qu'avec un p'tit joint d'mariwana... Whooo!!!
Justin Trudeau: C'est toi qui l'saurait Danny, c'est toi qui l'saurait!

Those minutes could have been priceless for the cannabic cause, globally speaking. Consequently it was quite sad to witness these major events on prime time national TV for sure. The stage was all his and he practically went mute, so what's that gonna be once chief of a governement guided by ob$cure lobby influence$ from all $ide$, etc?!...

Good day, have fun!!

=D

Last edited: