• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Spiritual relocation

Venrak

Bluelight Crew
I want to leave. Simple. My soul is sick here and it is not for me. I cant do it anymore, and their culture is so foreign to me, I just can't do it....

I guess the point of this thread is that I plan on going to a place perhaps in central or South America ad with time live deep in the jungle, with the communities there.... I am what they would call of the schizoid spectrum.....Ad my on option is to take their pills (which I have done before; killing my volition,meaning, desire, passion....) Or go someplace to have a life in which I fulfill myself
Do people do this? Opionions ? is a normal idea? Is this doabble?
What do I do when my soul is crying lie this?
I dont't plan to arrive all whiteboy and get badass face-paint right away and all....or at al. This place here I just can no longer be.

I would be one with it all...I would be free...Even if I die the first day, It's the same to me.

I know I will have to deal with Passports and Visas and shit and I had bureaucracy.

I don't know muc about SO's format and already apologized in advance to Bronnie on AIM lol.

Do people do this? Anyone else out there feel this or is it just me? Are there traveling circles and such?

Sorry my pot is so undefinied.

Venrak said:
I guess the point of this thread is that I plan on going to a place perhaps in central or South America ad with time live deep in the jungle, with the communities there....

I imagine there would be more xenophobia that you anticipate, and not having access to modern medicine, hygiene, intelligent conversation, and loads of other things could present difficulties.

is a normal idea?

Yes, a lot of people imagine this sort of thing, in some degree or another. Saint Augustine wrote about how he and his friends considered starting a commune to get away from all that Roman materialism back in the 4th century! There are a lot of expat communities in Central/South American countries, as well as SE Asia. As for going deep in the wilderness, see: Alaska (I imagine you Canucks have some backwoodsman equivalent).

Related reading.

Last edited:
privilidged fee know why I am not in Good of anything in do I wom\t get too deep into this here....

I dont care if I become part of an indigenous culture.I just can tbe here anymore. I assume logically, that I woud have some for of interaction with local social netwworks and i tmay become part of my life but my verybeing, or sould, whatever you wish to label it,s imply is, as oddas it seems culturally misplaced.

Of course, I would ather not be a recluce8)

Last edited:
Have you tried doing actual research into different cultures? I came across an interesting site recently, while doing my own research. which allows you to compare countries based on five dimensions assessing constants in the respective cultures.

That aside, if you do have serious schizoid tendencies then it will likely be just as difficult to really become a part of some jungle community as it is to be a part of the society you are already surrounded by. The only schizoid person I've really known was often lamenting the sorry state of individualist societies, but the painful irony is that collectivist societies are far less tolerant toward any sort of irregular behaviour. In the end, freedom is a state of mind, so you have to weigh the risk of losing a decent standard of living versus the chance that you may become a happier person by choosing an extreme life. At the very least the odds of you having access to hedonistic fun and internet is pretty fucking slim in the jungles of South America. Also, there's this fish there that can swim up a stream of urine and spring its spine open like barbs once it gets into your urethra.

Anywhere that is monoculture, even if it's polyethnic, is going to be xenophobic. I speak from personal experience. You live in Montreal right now? I don't blame you for wanting to leave. I lived there for 6 months (intended to live there for at least a year), but I left. Because I speak French with an English accent I was insulted constantly. Every French person you meet, you have to wonder if they're going to like you or hate you based on your accent. The cultural snobbery was too much for me, plus the winter was fucking cold. France is not this way, it's Quebec. They have a stick up their asses.

South America though? I've been there too. The indigenous people mostly stay clear of the Europeans. It's not that they are unfriendly, it's that they have been so abused through colonization that the distrust is generational. If you don't know their language, customs, or are directly doing something to help their communities, you will probably not feel at home there. Plus... the lack of infrastructure is a bitch. I would say that next to Africa, South America is the hardest place to live. There is way less awareness of mental health issues, so as a someone on the schizoid spectrum you might be misunderstood.

I too tire of North America... but I really don't know where else to go. In most other places I've been, practical life is harder or more dangerous. Maybe I'm just not as resilient as some other people.

Montreal though... leave that place. Even the west coast is better than there.

Yeah, I anticipated a great deal of xenophobia and probability of getting hurt or sick and dying.....That and the point thujone made...Maybe not the best plan. But I have to get out of this place. MY soul feels out of place. It's a very odd feeling and it seems to manifest in different ways; either way, I need a change.

I'm going to go visit some relatives including my father in and around my home town in Ontario. I'll be on the lookout I think. but even then, will I be satisfied?

I think that you're using the harsh aspects of contemporary society as the basis of your rationale for detachment. The reality is that society is just as cold and ugly for everyone else. Idle thoughts are the enemy, you shouldn't always believe in what you perceive.

^+1

venrak said:
MY soul feels out of place.

Anomie?

I'm going to go visit some relatives including my father in and around my home town in Ontario. I'll be on the lookout I think.

I think it's a good idea to consider different environs within your own nation before hopping around the globe.

but even then, will I be satisfied?

No matter where you go, you'll never get away from yourself. What are you doing now to try to build satisfaction in your life, or at least to make it more bearable until you can get the heck out of dodge?

Also! Have you read The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac? I'd check it out if you haven't.