View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Spiritual DMT Theories

supersoup

Bluelighter
After reading many theories on here about DMT, I've become interested in its "spiritual" properties. As in, trips to spirit worlds, experiences with spirits, profound revelations, etc. I've tried DMT once, improperly smoked 30mg in a meth style pipe, didn't break through but I still had a cool experience. If I tried it again, is there anything I should do or know to be more likely to see/experience spirits, or is it unpredictable? Also, share any experiences or theories you have about the "spirit molecule".

Well meditation could be, on some level, influenced by DMT. Your brain is totally symmetrical, each part of your brain has a counterpart on the other side, but while developing, there is one piece of your brain that forms in your throat, independent of this rule. At 49 weeks in the womb iirc, the pineal gland migrates from the throat into the center of the brain, leaving a tiny hole. Some people, such as prahlad jhani (the man who never eats or drinks) experience an expansion of this little hole.

When experienced mediators reach states of enlightenment, they experience something called "the nectar of enlightenment" which drips from the back of the throat and is described to taste like plastic, the exact same way DMT tastes. Some theorize that it's literally the DMT your brain is producing, dripping down your throat. The man I mentioned earlier even claims that the nectar sustains his life, which is why he doesn't need to eat or drink. In my opinion, DMT probably plays some role in deep meditation considering brain scans of people who smoke DMT show that they are in alpha and theta brain wave states which are the same states reached through meditation.

Also, share any experiences or theories you have about the "spirit molecule".

I didn't make this up but I read somewhere DMT release is supposedly to account for alien abductions and other such related phenomena.... I always liked that theory more than those attempting explain what DMT entities 'are' and what their message is...or if they are 'real' or not. Spontaneous DMT release in the brain could explain a lot of strange phenomenons people experience.

I never found DMT too 'enlightening' myself at least when compared to psilocin and 5-MeO-DMT. DMT was more something that did not translate well; there really were never any growing experiences, like I had with mushrooms and 5-MeO-DMT. DMT was less 'spiritual' and more 'strange'....these comments are all for smoked DMT of course.

Last edited:
I went and found my trip report from my first DMT extraction that I did years ago. The whole TEK preceeded it but I edited that part out as I don't think BL allows info on drug production. Anyways, enjoy.

"I was immediately catapulted into hyperspace, and leaving my eyes open was overwhelming. I sat on my couch with my knees up by my face, with my eyes closed and had one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. My entire body glowed with the feeling of an intense orgasm from my toes up to my head. I felt my ego and sense of self dissolve while I was being propelled by a force pulling me upwards and forwards at the speed of life. I was taking deep breaths in and out, and my lungs filling with oxygen and exhaling c02 became my center of gravity for the trip. The visuals I was experiencing during this expedition to the outer realms of our universe are beyond anything that I could ever possible type. I felt as if I was a liquid crystal submerged into hot molten lava of every color of the rainbow with my eyes closed, with every other color crashing around me in perfect symmetry. When I would open my eyes every object in the room, from the floor to the ceiling, was coated in a thick layer of fractal color that was in a constant swirl.

I peaked for about five minutes until I was able to begin communication with my fellow cosmic traveler, who helped me with the extraction, and I got up and began dancing around the room to the drum and bass music that had been playing in the background throughout the entire experience, filled with a sense of joy that I haven't felt in a long time.

From this experience I felt a connectivity to the Tao and the universal energy force that propels all energy and matter forward not only for humans, but for all life and all non living matter, and in a greater sense, all energy outside of our planet and through the entire cosmos to the outer edges of our universe."

Last edited:
I went and found my trip report from my first DMT extraction that I did years ago. The whole TEK preceeded it but I edited that part out as I don't think BL allows info on drug production. Anyways, enjoy.

"I was immediately catapulted into hyperspace, and leaving my eyes open was overwhelming. I sat on my couch with my knees up by my face, with my eyes closed and had one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. My entire body glowed with the feeling of an intense orgasm from my toes up to my head. I felt my ego and sense of self dissolve while I was being propelled by a force pulling me upwards and forwards at the speed of life. I was taking deep breaths in and out, and my lungs filling with oxygen and exhaling c02 became my center of gravity for the trip. The visuals I was experiencing during this expedition to the outer realms of our universe are beyond anything that I could ever possible type. I felt as if I was a liquid crystal submerged into hot molten lava of every color of the rainbow with my eyes closed, with every other color crashing around me in perfect symmetry. When I would open my eyes every object in the room, from the floor to the ceiling, was coated in a thick layer of fractal color that was in a constant swirl.

I peaked for about five minutes until I was able to begin communication with my fellow cosmic traveler, who helped me with the extraction, and I got up and began dancing around the room to the drum and bass music that had been playing in the background throughout the entire experience, filled with a sense of joy that I haven't felt in a long time.

From this experience I felt a connectivity to the Tao and the universal energy force that propels all energy and matter forward not only for humans, but for all life and all non living matter, and in a greater sense, all energy outside of our planet and through the entire cosmos to the outer edges of our universe."
Who helped you with the extraction/decoction? A person, or an entity, spirit, or ancestor/dead relative?

I have never used DMT, but friends of mine who took Ayahuasca or smoked it in ceremonies in countries where it is legal to do this said they went into space and talked to deceased ancestors or relatives who were no longer on this plane of existence.

A friend of mine "helped" with the extraction. And by "helped" I mean danced around the room like a jackass while asking me stupid questions about how long the process was going to take to be finished, and watching me work over my shoulder.

I have never encountered a dead friend or relative, although I have experienced the feeling of imminent death, dying, and rebirth on DMT. As far as entities or spirits, they are always the same. My best description would be an elf like alien, or being of the universe but not from our plane of existence, or from our dimension at all. They have always been loving and friendly to me, and always attempt to communicate with me. In the moments when you encounter them they seem to be flooding you with information, knowledge, a sense of peace, and attempt to provide answers for every question you've ever had - and answers to questions you never considered. Unfortunately it is difficult for me to reintegrate or make sense of it because all the information comes at once and it is impossible to process it in a coherent way. The best way I can describe it is to imagine your brain as a sponge, and when you learn you are absorbing a tiny drop of liquid and taking it in - and attempting to communicate with these beings is like throwing that sponge in the ocean.

I think people confuse the theories in Strassmans book with reality - everything he said about the pineal gland was completely and utterly blowing it out of his arse. Similarly with the bullshit about "near death" experiences being like a DMT trip or "alien abductions". Tell me something, you're a novice at taking DMT and you take it in a hospital room with doctors around you. You think you might feel you were being "probed" by aliens? You bet.

DMT is a beautiful drug - particularly orally but take all the claims about it with a big pinch of salt.

Strassmann himself wrote in his book that his writings are theories and not fact. maybe you should hate on those who refuse to read the book properly? ;)

)
I didn't make this up but I read somewhere DMT release is supposedly to account for alien abductions and other such related phenomena.... I always liked that theory more than those attempting explain what DMT entities 'are' and what their message is...or if they are 'real' or not. Spontaneous DMT release in the brain could explain a lot of strange phenomenons people experience.

I never found DMT too 'enlightening' myself at least when compared to psilocin and 5-MeO-DMT. DMT was more something that did not translate well; there really were never any growing experiences, like I had with mushrooms and 5-MeO-DMT. DMT was less 'spiritual' and more 'strange'....these comments are all for smoked DMT of course.

Agreed; DMT is far too much in such a short time. It's hard to learn anything from this onslaught imo. Psilocin however is much more spiritual, as you've got a few hours to understand what you're being shown.

I think people confuse the theories in Strassmans book with reality - everything he said about the pineal gland was completely and utterly blowing it out of his arse. Similarly with the bullshit about "near death" experiences being like a DMT trip or "alien abductions". Tell me something, you're a novice at taking DMT and you take it in a hospital room with doctors around you. You think you might feel you were being "probed" by aliens? You bet.

DMT is a beautiful drug - particularly orally but take all the claims about it with a big pinch of salt.

I find this situation a bit harder to see happening than a spontaneous ill-timed DMT endogenous release (presuming the pineal gland can be storing enough at any given time), imo.

Unfortunately it is difficult for me to reintegrate or make sense of it because all the information comes at once and it is impossible to process it in a coherent way.

I think this is a key reason why I consider (smoked) DMT more of a toy vs a serious tool like ibogaine or 5-MeO-DMT or psilocin. It is just near impossible to make sense of it, or apply it to 'everyday' life. I do find IMed DMT far more easy to integrate and remember than when you smoke it.

A friend of mine "helped" with the extraction. And by "helped" I mean danced around the room like a jackass while asking me stupid questions about how long the process was going to take to be finished, and watching me work over my shoulder.

I have never encountered a dead friend or relative, although I have experienced the feeling of imminent death, dying, and rebirth on DMT. As far as entities or spirits, they are always the same. My best description would be an elf like alien, or being of the universe but not from our plane of existence, or from our dimension at all. They have always been loving and friendly to me, and always attempt to communicate with me. In the moments when you encounter them they seem to be flooding you with information, knowledge, a sense of peace, and attempt to provide answers for every question you've ever had - and answers to questions you never considered. Unfortunately it is difficult for me to reintegrate or make sense of it because all the information comes at once and it is impossible to process it in a coherent way. The best way I can describe it is to imagine your brain as a sponge, and when you learn you are absorbing a tiny drop of liquid and taking it in - and attempting to communicate with these beings is like throwing that sponge in the ocean.

OK thanks for explaining this.

)

Agreed; DMT is far too much in such a short time. It's hard to learn anything from this onslaught imo. Psilocin however is much more spiritual, as you've got a few hours to understand what you're being shown.

Why not just take it orally than trozz?

^ getting harmala seeds should be pretty easy though, no? they are not illegal (as far as I know)...

I've put far too many hours into theorising here.

Honestly it's just unbelievable in the end. I /cannot/ subscribe to theories without evidence. I've seen my own evidence but it's completely unquantifiable. I've had metaphysical events happen with zero explanatory conditions but due to the lack of evidence other than personal experience, undoubtedly influenced by my own state, I cannot believe.

Hoooowever, if I were to believe; then due to recent releases by government concerning aliens (seriously; look it up), there is a partial chance of truth. One transcends the physical dimension (3D) and crosses to the fifth. You remove factors of time and suffixed spatiality and see movement. This is 5th dimension energy reacting with objects. "Aliens" can interact with the 5th dimension, reside within it and influence things inside it. Every entity one sees is just a being inside this reality of sorts. You see a goddess; it's probably just the closest alien. These aliens use the 5th dimension to cross galaxies, no longer abiding by the 3rd dimension but still being able to use it (like cartoons with 2D). It's difficult to understand but the recent revelations in quantum physics abide by these rules too. Particles can disappear and reappear, almost teleported. This would bring "metaphysical" things into physicality very easily; as above, so below.

Trips adjoin our dimensions and the neurological conditions of this are but a fraction of what "aliens" would see.

Again, I don't believe this until I see evidence, real evidence not just my own warped experiences but it's certainly something to ponder upon; that is if you're a theoretical physicist!