• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Speedball Thread

.Lucid.

Bluelighter
so i searched bluelight looking for an official speedball thread but i was surprised not to find one.. i thought maybe id try to get one going.

im just curious as to what other peoples experiences have been like when combining cocaine and heroin, good or bad. its not something ive done too many times so i was hoping to get some input from others on the subject..

some of the questions im looking to address: is there certain strategy you use for optimizing the combination? do you mix them in the same shot or do you do them one after another? how much coke to heroin do you use proportionately? are you addicted to both substances or is only one your drug of choice? please feel free to comment on any and all of these and please include any other information you feel is relevant!

If what you're looking for is a unique rush that is different from IV coke or heroin alone, than mix them together in the same shot. In my experience during this rush you can neither feel the heroin nor the coke, but something "new" and unique by itself. If what you're looking for is a more sustained strong euphoria, than sniff the coke after doing your heroin. This will provide for a more long and drawn out high that will also become quite a bit different from what you would expect, and "new". In my opinion/experience its not so much the two highs on top of each and you can distinguish them, like the rush when doing a true speedball its more of a singular, new high once both substances are in your system.

I prefer sniffing the coke, and find that the new high lasts a lot longer. You won't get the same rush obviously, but its a fair trade off. It is very important that you remember that once the cocaine wears off, the decrease in breathing/blood pressure from the heroin will be much lower than it normally would be from the same amount of heroin. When doing speedballs make certain that you do not take as much heroin as usual. Sniffing the coke is a lot safer because of this, because in my experience the difference in breathing/blood pressure wont be quite as large and also because you can sniff small lines to get to the point you wanna be at. With shooting you tend to be more risky because if you don't put enough in the shot than it will be very dissapointing. I would only recommend a true IV speedball if you are very experienced with both IV coke and IV heroin themselves.

Also, IV speedballs are much more risky because of the huge amount of stress being placed on your heart when simultaneously injecting a stimulant and a depressant. I have never been addicted to speed balls, and being addicted to them is probably one of the quickest ways to kill yourself imo. Its a very dangerous activity when being done all the time. Especially when you have a rather high tolerance to both substances, since quality can vary so widely even buying from the same dealer in the same day, you may prep a shot with what you think you need to get a good rush and then it ends up being really good shit. You may not even realize you're in danger until the coke wears off as mentioned before. So please, be careful when doing this. I would really urge anyone thinking about doing this to at least sniff the coke, if not both substances.

Personally i have only ever had good experiences with speedballing whether IV or otherwise. If you have anymore specific questions i will be glad to help get them answered. :)

Just did a legit speedball for the first time. I have sniffed coke and dope at the same time a few years back before I started IVing.

But a few months back I tried IVing H and mephedrone at the same time and the rush was great..definitely something different.

I have to say I tried coke and dope a true speedball and it was by far my favorite. I am addicted to dope but not coke..so I did a very small amount of coke and my normal shot of dope in the same shot. It was great. I mean I don't think anyone will tell you speedballs suck lol

I love a good speedball. The way I do it, is put in my normal dosage of dope (2-3 bags of good quality)
then put in about 200 mg of this great cooke I now discovered. (this is kind of a large amount, but I've been shooting coke for a while so I have a tolerance. Beginers do not start at this dosage.)

I like the coke rush more than the heroin, so I put a bit more coke than usual and then I do my shot. I usually feel the coke first, that amazing alluminum feeling, and then right when I would start to feel paranoid and jittery, the smack hits me and I go into a nod. It's really great if done right. Most people prefer theree speedballs in different balances, this is how I like mine. I find if you put too little coke in the cooker with the dope, than you dont get the full coke rush, but you do sort of feel the two rush's at the same time, which is neat, but not preferred to me.

Maybe ill write up a FAQ to put in the first post of this thread. suggestions on what should be included?

Then again there doesn't seem to be enough interest for it to be worth the effort.

Last edited:
urch. just the thought of this makes me ill. i dont care how good it feels i could never enjoy myself knowing that my heart was being pushed and pulled like a piece of plasticine. kudos to you crazy fcks tho!

I have never shot cocaine and heroin, but I did smoke opium and do lines of cocaine once. It was a damn good high. I also used to do pharma-speedballs (morphine and methylphenidate) often, which is also a good high. I would never do an actual speedball or any of the combinations I mentioned now. I have too much to live for.

To everyone who does the mixture in question: Be very careful and dose in small increments. Remember, you can always re-dose. You cannot un-dose.

Maybe ill write up a FAQ to put in the first post of this thread. suggestions on what should be included?

Then again there doesn't seem to be enough interest for it to be worth the effort.

oooo i think its a good idea if youre up for it and you think you have an enough information to make one. safety precautions should definitely be included, other than that i guess anything you think is relevant.

I prefer sniffing the coke, and find that the new high lasts a lot longer.

i definitely agree with this.. i prefer to sniff the coke as well. IV coke sketches me out for some reason, most of the times ive done ive puked. i know its suppose to be really bad for your veins and heart. :\

A good shot of IV coke always makes most people puke, but in the name of safety i never tried IVing that much coke in the same shot as heroin, i didn't really need to in order to get a good rush anyway.

I'll do some research and put together a short "FAQ" at some point tonight or tomorrow, ill PM you when its done so you can edit the original post. :)

will never do speedballs but one thing i will say is a great high is when your coming down from stims and you do an awesome opiate. the euphoria you get from that transition from scattered to sublime bliss is one hello of a gooey rainbow in your blood. similarly, when you have a heroin or alcohol or a just feeling shit is when meth rushes feel the best. my theory is that pleasure is basically the absence of pain. as an example of this is posit that there is no better "rush" than when you are having a severe panick attack and you take 10mg vallium.

urch. just the thought of this makes me ill. i dont care how good it feels i could never enjoy myself knowing that my heart was being pushed and pulled like a piece of plasticine. kudos to you crazy fcks tho!

I have tried to find anything that remotely supports your view of a speedball and how it effects the heart. If anyone knows of a scientific study that supports this please let me know.

Otherwise, in my experience and based off of research that i have done - mixing opiates with stimulants reduced the negative physiological effects of the stimulant. Which means Less heart palpitations/irregular heart rhythms and other negative side effects of stimulants. Mixing stims with opiates does not make your heart fight for which way it wants to beat (slow or fast). The effects overlap, causing a general decrease in heart rate and blood pressure than would be otherwise expected from the stimulant alone. Source This is what i have experienced when mixing stims and opiates as well.

The major risk when mixing opiates and stimulants is unexpected overdose. Because the negative physiological effects of both substances will largely be canceled out, the user will likely not notice if they have consumed an overly large dose. As the user starts to "come down" from one of the drugs, if they have "over dosed" on the other substance, it will now start to take dangerous effect.
In essence, If a user has overdosed on heroin while speedballing, once the coke wears off the user will start to experience dangerously low levels of heart rate and respiratory depression and if the overdose had been large enough the person could likely die without very quick medical assistance/administration of naltrexone. Likewise if the heroin wears off and a dangerously high dose of stimulant had been taken the user could overdose on the stimulant.
Debatably, the person could dose more cocaine if they come down and start to overdose on the heroin. I have heard stories of speedballists being shot up with more coke by a friend if they had come down and started to fall out with dangerously low respiratory levels. I would not recommend this because it could cause potentially more complications. Your best bet is to call 911.

@caseface- i just noticed you start posting not too long ago, but have been a member longer than I have.. did you change your avatar to something new? making me think of you as a new user? i donno, moving on.. anyways, my only point is i notice you post a lot and have a lot of info to share and think you're a valuable person to this site. :D

@caseface- i just noticed you start posting not too long ago, but have been a member longer than I have.. did you change your avatar to something new? making me think of you as a new user? i donno, moving on.. anyways, my only point is i notice you post a lot and have a lot of info to share and think you're a valuable person to this site. :D

Originally my avatar was a stick figure on fire, then it was a red flag with a white pot leaf in the middle, then i switched to this one a week or two ago. Im gonna try and stick with this one though, i like it. I also notice people by their avatar more often than their name until i get to know them better.

I came to bluelight on and off irregularly for a long time because of real life shit, but I've been on pretty consistently for the last 4 maybe 5 months or so, and I'm definitely here to stay.

Thanks though, i appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
No prob, you've been answering a lot of Q's lately and have been starting good conversation i figured you deserve a praise for it lol :D

I remember the stick figure on fire now that you say it.
Anyways, talk2you later, going to have "breakfast"

I have tried to find anything that remotely supports your view of a speedball and how it effects the heart. If anyone knows of a scientific study that supports this please let me know.

Otherwise, in my experience and based off of research that i have done - mixing opiates with stimulants reduced the negative physiological effects of the stimulant. Which means Less heart palpitations/irregular heart rhythms and other negative side effects of stimulants. Mixing stims with opiates does not make your heart fight for which way it wants to beat (slow or fast). The effects overlap, causing a general decrease in heart rate and blood pressure than would be otherwise expected from the stimulant alone. Source This is what i have experienced when mixing stims and opiates as well.

The major risk when mixing opiates and stimulants is unexpected overdose. Because the negative physiological effects of both substances will largely be canceled out, the user will likely not notice if they have consumed an overly large dose. As the user starts to "come down" from one of the drugs, if they have "over dosed" on the other substance, it will now start to take dangerous effect.
In essence, If a user has overdosed on heroin while speedballing, once the coke wears off the user will start to experience dangerously low levels of heart rate and respiratory depression and if the overdose had been large enough the person could likely die without very quick medical assistance/administration of naltrexone. Likewise if the heroin wears off and a dangerously high dose of stimulant had been taken the user could overdose on the stimulant.
Debatably, the person could dose more cocaine if they come down and start to overdose on the heroin. I have heard stories of speedballists being shot up with more coke by a friend if they had come down and started to fall out with dangerously low respiratory levels. I would not recommend this because it could cause potentially more complications. Your best bet is to call 911.

really interesting post man. if you are in fact right about that then id be willing to try it. seems you are basically saying: careful dosing = safe speedballing. doesnt sound right to me. of course, my opinion is usually based on ignorance.

really interesting post man. if you are in fact right about that then id be willing to try it. seems you are basically saying: careful dosing = safe speedballing. doesnt sound right to me. of course, my opinion is usually based on ignorance.

Though it holds true to all drugs, when speedballing safe responsible dosing is pivotal to you surviving. It is so much easier to overdose and not even notice. I would get positive euphoric effects when i speedballed doing slightly less than half my usual dose of each substance. Be safe, and have fun.

Hello this is my first post ever on here so forgive me for any mishaps or spelling errors. Ive been addicted to h/tar for 8 years and i recently started mixing in coke into my shots. But my gos i thought h was bad but gd when i started doing these speedballs it took me by the b*lls (no pun intended) i get a 10th for <snip> and i get two 10ths of coke and i get the most insane rush. Its literally so good i try to do it as much as i can. So i startsd a suboxone maintenance program and i was inducting and thot it was a good idea to do some coke by itself to help. But boy i was wrong i got a little rush but it just made my residual w/ds worse and the first chance i got i borrowed money as fast as i could and called the dealer for some h. I do not recommend upgrading to speedballs because it will drag you down 100 times faster than just h by itself. Its ruined my life but the rush is just amazing. Not worth it but damn its freaking wonderful and the feeling cant simply be explained in words. Llease find sobriety and i hope i find it myself good luck hopefully someone finds this useful

Last edited by a moderator:

It is right, there isn't anything inherently deadly about mixing cocaine with an opiate. If you had a doctor there administering your speedball, the risks would probably not be any greater than taking cocaine by itself. What makes speedballing so dangerous is the fact that drugs smooth out each others side effects making it difficult to tell how high you are. I came close to overdosing many times because the cocaine come down feels so bad, I'd always be wanting to do more heroin to ease the come down. But when you're on a lot of cocaine, you dont feel the heroin. You don't realize you've done too much and are near overdose. When you're a raging drug addict binging on cocaine and heroin, its easy to get a little responsible sometimes and in the case of speedballs that can kill you.

Anyway my strategy on speedballing was never to mix cocaine and heroin in the same syringe. Doing them simultaneously seemed stupid to me. First of all, smoking crack was my preferred method of ingesting the cocaine. But that aside, the cocaine rush was more than good enough on its own. Adding heroin didnt make it any better in my opinion. On the contrary I thought it was much better to save the heroin for the come down. Once the crack rush fades, you do a little heroin to ease the stimulant side effects. It feels so good to do the heroin at that time but Id always try to do as little heroin as possible until I was out of crack so I could do a few nice big shots of heroin the come down. If you do your heroin too early, then your receptors are already full and doing a big shot on the come down will put you in overdose range. However if you smoke more crack after doing the heroin, you wont feel the heroin anymore and you will still experience the crack come down even though youre actually super loaded on heroin still. You just cant feel it. So my strategy was always to start with the cocaine and introduce the heroin as gradually as possible until I ran out of crack and then finish the night with heroin. Id rarely succeed at this though and generally id do a bunch of crack followed by a bunch of heroin followed by a bunch of crack.