Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Speed + zolpidem tartrate - Exp/Unexp - Insanity, hallucinations, amnesia

AminoAcid

Bluelighter
So I want to write this essentially as a warning as I've been seeing quite a few people talk about zolpidem on the forums lately.

A few years ago I was working a 12 hour shift of bartending at a nightclub (7pm -7am), which nearly always involved doing lines of speed to get through it (for those of you who don't know speed is really just powdered meth + other amphetamines + cuts, as opposed to shards, it is common here in Australia).

Getting home and hopping into bed (girlfriend was still asleep) I realized I was still tweaking quite heavily so decided to knock myself out with a sleeping tablet. So I went to my father's medicine cabinet and ferreted around. I found these "sample packs" of zolpidem tartrate (Stilnox) 10mg and remembered from reading online that people use them recreationally. So I grabbed a couple of packs and went back to bed. As I was taking two of them my girlfriend asked for one so without thinking I gave it to her and went to sleep.

Suddenly I feel someone shaking me, I wake up and my girlfriend is worried. She says she feels really wierd. Before I can compute all this in my brain I noticed that it actually wasn't my girlfriend at all, her face was morphing into different people, some of them look very sinister and dangerous. I ask this creature what the fuck they're doing in my bed and to get the hell out... at the time this was perfectly logical, as imagine you wake up with what you think is some wierd stranger in your bed next to you, you get pretty pissed...

So after that I collapsed back in bed and fell asleep (at least that's what I thought I did). According to my brother and his friend they were watching TV and suddenly I walked out of my room butt-naked, walked straight past them and went to the toilet. When I came back out they tried to call my name but apparently I didn't respond at all, like some naked zombie I just walked past them again and back into my bedroom.

Apparantly there was a few other "events" but I remember none of it. My girlfriend was really pissed at me, but then sort of understood when I explained what had happened as she experienced ultra-wierd shit on it as well.

So yeah, only take this stuff as normally prescribed, before bed at night, and without being on anything else, or you'll just end up doing stupid shit.

Yeah this stuff is powerful, i did not like the effects (fucking weird as you say and to hell with evil faces in the darkness lol) and avoided it until i entered the scene and then understood value.

To this day after many hard drugs, this stuff still gave me the most crazy visual effects, sorta like meth you have had to much and very similar to mdma after a lot, im talking the prefferal vision stuff where stuff instally morphs into some shape or form, until you look directly at it, and its normal.

Zolpidem would cause that effect where shapes, unclear things, preferal stuff would always transform into something, nothing was left as random shapes in the darkness, you would instantly been provided a clear view of all sorts of new things (that are not real) like faces, and all sorts of random objects to make sense of the darkness.
This was fun as well as the decent euphoria but the best was a very real sensation of floating that could be manipulated in some way, when lying in bed very still. It feels like you have zero weight and could float in different directions at will, like a magic carpet. Anyways dangerous sleepdriving, insane tolerance and large doses made this a short bit of fun.

The most wierd experience was being at my mates house and doing whatever the satuday and at some point my brain was like, this is impossible, you went to bed ar home and now you are here, with no memories of the middle. It felt like i was dreaming or like something was fucked up as my brain couldnt deal with the logic for a while, but then it made sense. Apparently the sleepwalking type stuff is less you sleepwalking and more you acting normally (all things considered) but without any memories being recorded. This was somewhat of a relief.

Last edited:
^^ i would have to disagree with that theory. i stopped taking zolpidem (prescribed) when i discovered id been sleepwalking. how did i know? chocolate handprints leading from the kitchen back to my bed, now i have a penchant for chocolate biscuits n all.. but ive never rubbed it into my hands then finger painted the walls of my flat before. plus speaking to interdimensional beings while trying to watch a football match was all a bit too much when all i wanted was a good nights kip. apparently folks in australia were jumping/walking off high rise balconies to their deaths. now if thats normal just non memorised behaviour then i'll just stick to experiencing my sleepless nights in full toss n turn technicolour tyvm