• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

speed side effects not frequently discussed

analeva

Greenlighter
first i have to clarify that im talking about the plain ol amphetamine paste, which ive been snorting for abt two years occasionally and four or five months regularly, so im by no means new to using it (but kinda new to abusing it). yes, i have done a fair amount of research, however id like to hear actual speed users' experiences and advice on the following side effects.

the first one is just annoying, i smell so fucking bad people, its like im rotting from the inside every time i breathe out, my urin reeks of salty rotten meat (???) and theres a constant taste/smell of chemicals mixed with shit in my mouth and throat. is there anything i can do abt that besides brushing my teeth every day?

i cannot get high on mdma anymore, quite the opposite, the last ten or so times i took it were the worst drug experiences ever (i was in pain and felt generally terrible, but not at all intoxicated). is this because my body is simply out of serotonin due to using amph (not a chemist, no idea if what i just said was painful to read) and if so, how is it possible for everyone else who is addicted to similar drugs to still enjoy their e pills?

moving on, i may sound painfully naive but i struggle with not being able to fall asleep for an unusually long time after taking speed (snort a half a g in the morning, wont sleep for the next two days). ive been told this is ubnormal. and, cmon guys, my stuff is really not that good. also, my ears hurt like a bitch. am i damaging my hearing, never heard anyone mentioning this bullshit side effect?

ok this one might actually be (potentially) dangerous, sometimes i find myself scratching and butchering myself in front of the mirror, not able to stop (having pimples at 22 doesnt help, more reasons to pick my skin) for hours. is this amphetamine induced or could i be getting something like meth?

id also really appreciate tips on how to cope with constant twitching and shaking and rls at nights and all that neuro stuff, thanks in advance, peace.

TL;DR: i smell disgusting, my ears hurt, cant sleep for hours after snorting, series of bad mdma highs, scratching my face until covered with blood (meth?), also RLS.

Do you smoke? I found that the after effects of amphetamines were always much worse for me when I was a smoker and these have been much less since I quit smoking. I theorize that the effects of nicotine and the numerous other chemicals in tobacco exacerbate/potentiate the negative affects of amphetamines. If you want to replenish lost minerals quickly you could try mixing a teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a small glass of water and swallowing it down then wash that down with more water.

thanks for answering, unfortunately i am a smoker, yes. your theory has never crossed my mind, i may just try to smoke less and see if it helps.

I used to abuse Adderall a for a long time by binging on it 2-3 times a month till my script ran out halfway through the month. The generic is dextroamphetamine salts, but it should be similar enough to the paste you're using that side effects are identical between them......I think.

how is it possible for everyone else who is addicted to similar drugs to still enjoy their e pills?

My best guess is it's just due to the general fact drugs can affect people in drastically different ways. In your specific case, perhaps you're just not able to reap the benefits of both drugs at once.

moving on, i may sound painfully naive but i struggle with not being able to fall asleep for an unusually long time after taking speed (snort a half a g in the morning, wont sleep for the next two days). ive been told this is ubnormal. and, cmon guys, my stuff is really not that good.
RLS

I assume RLS stands for restless legs syndrome? I have that too, the medication ropinirole (requip) takes care of the problem almost every night, after you find the right dosage for you.

But RLS shouldn't keep you up for two days straight....even during my adderall binges, I'd have to take one at night and occasionally throughout the night to eliminate sleepiness. Not sure why you're experiencing such wakefulness so long after you take the amphetamine.

ok this one might actually be (potentially) dangerous, sometimes i find myself scratching and butchering myself in front of the mirror, not able to stop (having pimples at 22 doesnt help, more reasons to pick my skin) for hours. is this amphetamine induced or could i be getting something like meth?
id also really appreciate tips on how to cope with constant twitching and shaking

Sounds like tweaking behavior, which is normal when it comes to using (especially abusing) stimulants. Scratching yourself till you bleed is pretty severe tweaking behavior, though...it might be exacerbating some underlying condition or something.

TL;DR go see a doctor %)