Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed and anxiety?

thebigfella

Greenlighter
Hey all, so I'm v new to this site and would just like to inquire on something.

I'm keen to try speed and I wonder how this would effect anxiety? About 6 months ago I had some pretty bad anxiety generally which I think spiralled from MDMA abuse although I'm not too sure why it started. Nowadays I don't get too anxious but I only do if I'm in a stressful situation or I'm about to smoke a cigarette and I haven't smoked in awhile. I have little experience with stimulandts only doing concerta once, and mind you I loved it ahahah. If I start off with a VERY low dose of speed (10-20mg) and eventually work my way up would I be alrite? Usually with MDMA comeups (orally) I get anxious but it passes after 15 min and I'm rollin ballz. Also I'm aware of the comedown being bad but I've had some SHOCKING mdma comedowns and I was fine.

Speed has a pretty appalling effect on anxiety - I'd strongly, strongly recommend not touching it if you have a a history of anxiety disorders.

I've been having anxiety for years (agoraphobia with panic attacks), tho I'm doing pretty good the past 2 years.

I can relate to the come-up part of MDMA/XTC getting you anxious. Hell, the first time I dropped XTC it made me freak the fuck out, and it took me a solid hour before I could enjoy :p

To perhaps answer your question partly; I've been using D-amphetamine for a long time and its usually enjoyable. I do sometimes get a bit weirded out, but never full blown panick or anything.

I've recently bought streed speed (L,D-amphetamine), and gonna try a little saturday.

My advice; take a little amount (10 mg's) and snort it. See what happens. Maybe have a beer or 2 to calm you down before using, and don't react panicky to physical symptoms (eg faster heart rate etc)

Amphetamines and anxiety go hand in hand with each other.... some people will experience a little anxiety after they first take the drug... others like my self only generally get it after a 2 - 3 day bender.... which is horrible if you don't have any thing like Xanax to help calm you down and stop you make rash decisions...

Im not trying to scare you off from trying it but you have to be aware their is a real chance that you may get some anxiety at least..

if you have anything for your anxiety keep them on hand... and also maybe tell the people you are with that you suffer from anxiety and if they see you looking a little panicky... to just take you for a d and m and just keep you busy till the wave passes...

keep safe Alpha1234

As Amphetamines come up and plateau a sense of calm envelops the mind and body. It's hours later when you start to comedown do you notice peripheral side effects(anxiety.)

Considering you have never tried it, if you loved MDMA especially in the form of pills, just don't...

But to answer the question, your anxiety may initally be relieved by the typical amphetamine euphoria, but that is ALWAYS followed by rash anxiety.

As Amphetamines come up and plateau a sense of calm envelops the mind and body. It's hours later when you start to comedown do you notice peripheral side effects(anxiety.)
That's how meth is with me it's makes me feel very chill as long as I don't take too much caffeine with it. I don't binge so a single session dose will usually last 8-10 hours before the anxiety starts and if I do a decent amount I'll be all jittery, twitchy and full of anxiety if I don't have a benzo to take the edge off.

I find caffeine only exxacerbates any negative effects of meth/amp, the most prominent one of those being anxiety... YMMV though.

Caffeine has also been demonstrated to increase neurotoxicity, if I'm not mistaken due to a further increase in body temp. I've always questionned why people choose to consume caffeine when using amphetamines (MDMA I can underdstand, but has also shown to increase neurotoxicity, I'd personally add in a tiny amount of d-amp to MDMA if you NEED some more energy, but you're playing with fire if naive so).

Well my caffeine usually comes from a hot cup of green tea, great taste plus antioxidants. :D

Green teas great with it. But also, its important to remember if you've been drinking coffee every morning for most of your life, half the reason your drinking it is because you love the taste and process of making a cup of coffee. Its just ingrained in you, and therefore, without it, something is missing.

I fucking love the taste, aroma and everything about the coffee. The caffeines cns effects are negligible at best. I actually feel more stimulated seeing me making the cup of coffee, and smelling the fresh brew.

You are correct though of course, to some degree. You wouldnt see me dead with those energy drinks. something in those artificial xanthines that just isnt true caffeine. Sterile feeling. Reminds me of the whole fake weed thing. You should see my mum, she drinks it to go to bed basically.

I agree the sheer ritual of getting up to make a cofee in the morning is great... :)

Green tea is probably the better of the two comapred to coffee following energy drinks if mixing with amps so yeah, whatever works for you ;)