View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Specific visual things you like during LSD trips

Gasoline92

Greenlighter
What are some specific visual things you like about lsd trips?

I love seeing psychedelic letters. A lot of times I see the bark on a tree is made out of classic 1960's psychedelic art styled letters. As well as patterns in carpet made out of random letters.

I've had acid more times then I can remember. Two of those times, when rolling a cig and holding a lump of tobacco between thumb and index finger (having the lump hang kind of like a pendulum), I was able to switch between seeing the tobacco for what it was, or have it change and convincingly look like a jumble of ants all clinging to one another and crawling all over themselves. Awesome!

I love the rainbow feather head-dress halo effect around points of light (prismatic integration), and the clear celluloid visual like overlay of slide film - the appearance of persistent vision including trails and tracers (slower fading).
In the dark I love the animated neon wallpaper cartoons. and other polyopia and geometric effects.
Occasionally I get a synesthesia effect where hallucination and body sensation merge, and also visual perception of dimensions that are impossible to explain physically except to see them as poly temporal experience of 3-d space: as when the here and now is sustained and overlaps subsequent here's and now's.

Yeah letters or symbols are pretty great, especially if you are e.g. peeing them... but I like cartooning more, like everything becoming more and more perfectly animated caricatures, or when actual cartoons change even more than live-action images, for example a doorjamb and many other things becoming living characters.

Not sure if it's a more extreme continuation of letters and symbols but in stronger trips I've seen everything composed of code matrix-style but differently themed..

I also love seeing vibrations, but I guess it's not purely a visual thing that I mean but the kind that crashes like a huge ripple through space with an "ear" deafening aum when it hits you.

Another favorite is seeing lego parts or pixels, the most extreme being apparently seeing separate atoms.

Golden light is also pretty special somehow and more typical for something like 2C-T-2 or -7... or even more special: to see colors that you have never remotely seen before.

Last edited:
I honestly enjoy how digital things can look on acid.

But idk off the top of my head nothing beats my friend pointing at a star, which when i looked at opened a hole in the sky and inside was i guess "telepathic information"

When i looked at the star it opened and flashed vivid images of my friends perception and feelings through my mind allowing me to understand the hardships that put him alone outside for a half hour in the darkness.

I agree with the above though, seeing psychedelic letters and symbols that make you wonder if you are been showed some crazy metaphor. That stuff gets me going.

One time i spent a whole 10 minutes of a dmt trip staring at a tree, while an entity made of the tree showed me very complex and alien letters, he told me to take what information i could.. But unfortunately i cant read alien.
Crazy thing is i understood the hieroglyphics while i was tripping, as soon as i came down all meaning was lost.

Hmm... my favorite might be simply the enhancement of things that are already beautiful, like nature, people, architecture, etc.

To be honest, I think it's less that I specifically enjoy certain visual effects, but more that I generally enjoy the experience of my perception being altered.

Imagine a technologically sophisticated pair of glasses, which electronically alters the image coming through the lens to create effects like psychedelic visuals, or even something completely novel that can't be experienced on any drug. Like turning the world into a living, breathing, Cubist artwork. I think I would love to just explore the world wearing those glasses.

Last edited:
One of my favorite visuals was when I was using my Macbook's backlit keyboard in the dark and I saw all the letters and symbols raise up as if they were 3 dimensional objects floating above the keys as I was writing some code and I was actually able to visualize the code that I was typing by tapping what seemed to be glowing symbols floating in mid air.

But, it's rare that get any visuals at all on doses under 200ug. Once I hit 200ug+ the visuals become so intense that they are simply disorienting and uncomfortable. The last time I took 250ug everything just started melting together and I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed and it was just not that enjoyable IMO.

I enjoy the visuals I get on Psilocybin over that of LSD. I feel there is more of an "aura", more "glowing", "twinkling", "breathing".

I appreciate "natural" objects (trees, water, flames) more on mushrooms and "mechanical" man-made type objects more on LSD.

However, I do not like the "mind fuck" and confusion that mushrooms give me and my thoughts are scattered and not organized and controlled like on LSD which is why I don't use them anymore (not to mention they taste like raw sewage).

Solipsis covered my favorite ones. The cartoon imagery of living characters and places and such is the best, and I get it very easily from LSD. Interestingly though, I don't get very much morphing at all, so rather than seeing things transform into them I usually just see them pop up in the environment like normal, similar to a deliriant trip but flatter and less convincing. People and city scenery are the most common inside, whereas I'll see more animals and natural scenery outside. I get these effects on a lot of other psychedelics too, but LSD really does it the most, and so well at the same time. Though, I have heard whispers that ETH-LAD can be even stronger in this way for some, but I haven't had that strong of a trip on it yet.

The other favorite I agree with is the whole seeing individual atoms or pixels thing. So far the only psychedelics I have gotten this effect on are LSD and 4-HO-MiPT, but the LSD version has been much more extreme.... It really does feel like you are zooming into your vision on a microscopic level, with a correct-feeling sense of spatial perspective to the rest of the space around you as well, and one of the coolest things about it for me at least is that I always still see regular-sized visuals on the microscopic things around me, giving me this experience of seeing or perhaps just sensing visuals that are so complex that they contain beautiful and structured abstract images layered next to each other taking up the space of one atom at a time and extending all throughout the entire environment around me. It's fucking intense. Interestingly though, 4-HO-MiPT imagery at that point still wasn't all that complex and colorful for me, it reminded me of maybe something like 25 mg of 2C-I but with a more limited range. LSD on the other hand is just beautiful for me at that point.... Lots of beautiful massive crystalline structures encasing most of the more structured visual effects, which span the entire color spectrum.

On a simpler note, I also really love seeing grid lines on LSD, like wireframes over people and objects, and also surrounding things in my imagination. I always both thought it was just a cool design and got a kick out of thinking what its implications might be for how 3D worlds are designed on computers these days.

All the stuff with psychedelic letters sounds cool.... I got something like that briefly once in mild patterns on a combination of MDMA and cannabis, but never on LSD. I'd really like to one day!

Oh, and let's not forget how more pronounced the golden ratio becomes! Especially with DMT!

Ah yes, all of this is great stuff. The rainbow headdress colors around lights...

I love how the experiences allow me to rediscover naturally beautiful things I would have other wise ignored, and now I notice them completely sober and am able to appreciate their beauty. For example, watching the sunset and as it disappears behind the horizon, the horizon itself glows in amazing intensity.

Another thing I love seeing is unexplainable geometric patterns in pretty much whatever I look at, at the time, with the ability to switch between seeing the object comprised of these patterns and reality. LSD allowed me to rediscover how beautiful nature is and I love perceiving patterns that seem so man made and uniform but are just natural, how some plants are physically shaped.

Also, I took a walk around my neighborhood tripping, I began to notice how none of the telephone poles on the street are even close to straight up, then I observed how one pole might have an angle of 80 degrees to the ground on the left, the next pole would be 80 degrees the other direction, each pole's angle to the ground varried and it looked so sloppy (perfect would be 90 degrees of course).

The next day I realized this was all true and I just never noticed it before.

The other favorite I agree with is the whole seeing individual atoms or pixels thing. So far the only psychedelics I have gotten this effect on are LSD and 4-HO-MiPT, but the LSD version has been much more extreme.... It really does feel like you are zooming into your vision on a microscopic level, with a correct-feeling sense of spatial perspective to the rest of the space around you as well, and one of the coolest things about it for me at least is that I always still see regular-sized visuals on the microscopic things around me, giving me this experience of seeing or perhaps just sensing visuals that are so complex that they contain beautiful and structured abstract images layered next to each other taking up the space of one atom at a time and extending all throughout the entire environment around me.

That sounds amazing. I've never gotten that particular effect, but my mom described something quite similar.

All the stuff with psychedelic letters sounds cool.... I got something like that briefly once in mild patterns on a combination of MDMA and cannabis, but never on LSD. I'd really like to one day!

I can hardly believe you've never seen psychedelic letters. It's easily the most prominent psychedelic visual for me; every time I trip, every surface of my environment is completely plastered with letters and numbers the whole time.

Yea one time plugging around 15mg MXE and 10mg 4-AcO-MET I got stuck on my toilet looking into my rug going back and forth zooming into the tiny microscopic view of reality and then zooming all the way out to infinity, over and over. Like reality just folding up 100% then unfolding 100%. It was super interesting.

I've actually only gotten numbers and letters - typeface - once, on a big 45mg dose of 4-ho-mipt.

That sounds amazing. I've never gotten that particular effect, but my mom described something quite similar.

Oh yeah, it's really something else.... In my mind it's basically the point of maximum hallucinogenic potential for anything that's still based in the actual environment around you, or at least I'd be amazed if anything found a way to push even further beyond that given that it literally does feel like you're looking at your perceived world at the level of the bare pixels. For that reason I've also made it a personal goal to try to reach that point with as many different psychedelics as possible eventually, and see which ones makes the most of it. :D Even though I've only experienced it on LSD and 4-HO-MiPT so far, I have felt what I'm fairly certain is a weaker version of the same effect on some of the higher doses of other psychedelics I've taken so far, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing which ones can actualize it without veering off in some other direction first.

And that's cool that you've heard a story from family about it. :) I actually did too before I ever experienced it, my dad told me about accidentally face-planting onto a rock out in the mountains on LSD and zooming into the individual atoms on its surface. I always thought they was a pretty funny way to kick off such an intense experience lol.

I can hardly believe you've never seen psychedelic letters. It's easily the most prominent psychedelic visual for me; every time I trip, every surface of my environment is completely plastered with letters and numbers the whole time.

Haha, you'd think with everything else, right? Just goes to show how unique we all are. :) One day, hopefully!

I have had one other significant hallucinogenic experience involving letters.... I was on diphenhydramine and using a light and sound machine, and I had a sudden extremely clear and crisp closed eye visual of a newspaper on the front page show up and remain constant. I could actually read perfectly the story written on it and take some sort of abstract meaning away from it, though even at the time I knew that it was all really gibberish and that the meaning would entirely vanish upon opening my eyes, which it indeed did. I found the whole thing hilarious, but obviously it's not exactly the same.

Yea one time plugging around 15mg MXE and 10mg 4-AcO-MET I got stuck on my toilet looking into my rug going back and forth zooming into the tiny microscopic view of reality and then zooming all the way out to infinity, over and over. Like reality just folding up 100% then unfolding 100%. It was super interesting.

Sounds awesome, haha. I wonder how a dissociative would enhance it for me.... 10 mg of 4-AcO-MET would definitely be way too low to get it for me, though I have felt both that and 4-HO-MET to have some of the right sensory overload kind of feeling at higher doses. I'd really love to reach even the same level with it that I did for 4-HO-MiPT, I imagine the visuals would be freaking intense by then even without that factor....