• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Specific MDMA and SSRI question (checked other places i promise)

tlg123

Greenlighter
Specific MDMA and SSRI question (checked other places i promise) *help please!!*

Okay, so I'll start this off by saying Im knowledgeable on SSRI's and theyre effects with MDMA, but my question is kinda more specific than general effects, which is why i didnt really find much in my research. Ive been taking Lexapro 10 mg for almost, not quite, 3 weeks, which is where m question comes in. I know if Id been taking it longer, Id have to wait at least a month, sometimes even longer, to get a nice roll. With only ~3 weeks under my belt, not having time for it to fully take effect, can anyone gauge how long I'd have to wait to roll? And if I didnt quite wait as long as I should for the escitalopram to completely leave my system, but long enough to still "roll" just not quite as hard, could I make up for the lack of MDMA effect with a higher dose (obviously not enough to OD or cause any damage, of course)? Thank you guys! Sorry if this info is already out there, but I did check, and I couldnt find the MDMA SSRI mega-thread and I dont know if it would have even answered this question.

Last edited:
just realized i didnt use "SWIM," but hmmm i didnt actually admit to doing anything so I assume its not self-incrimination?

Ssri leads to receptors down regulation, simply less places mdma can cause effect (in the long term). You probably didnt reach that status so quickly, so in my opinion no point in more dosis. Sorry my bad english.

just realized i didnt use "SWIM," but hmmm i didnt actually admit to doing anything so I assume its not self-incrimination?
Using swim provides no protection and also isn't allowed on BL. So good thing you didn't use it.

hmm well good thing haha, i read that i wasnt supposed to right after i posted it but didnt feel like leaving 2 replies on my own post when no else had replied

you couldn't make up with a higher dose. the way the brain adapts to being fed an ssri for an extended period of time shows many parallels to what the brain does when you overdo it with mdma (downregulation of the serotonin transporter, downregulation of serotonin receptors, differences in the spatial arrangement of some axons).
mdma uses the serotonin transporter to reverse the flow of serotonin (which then binds to serotonin receptors), so with less of both of these available one could say that taking ssris builds a long lasting tolerance to the serotonergic (=not just the stimulant) effects of mdma, and, as chipyasu said, you are most likely not going to see the full effects, regardless of the dose. that is if you brain has already adapted to the ssri.

the question is if taking it for 3 weeks is enough for that to happen to a significant degree. my guess would be no; we get enough reports of people who had taken ssris for a longer period of time and then could roll fine once the medication was out of their bodies. but everyone is different so there's no way to know for sure.

thanks for the reply! so how long would you say it would take to get out of the body? i guess my question put simply was how long would i have to wait to roll after these 3 weeks

escitalopram has a half life of 27-32h. generally drugs are pretty much gone after two half lives, so if we take the larger number plus three half lives for good measure, we'd arrive at 4 days after your last dose minimum. maybe one or two days longer to account for the (minimally active) metabolites.

apparently smoking inhibits the enzyme responsible, so you should rather double those figures if you're a smoker.

but of course the longer you wait the higher your chance of rolling properly if you're one of those unlucky people who quickly develop a tolerance to mdma if they take ssris...