• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

sparkles and glitter after looking at a bright colored object.

al-laddin

Bluelighter
Hey all, couldn't think of a better forum to post this in but I think its fitting in the drak side as its clearly related to psychedelic use. About 9 months ago I took LSZ and 25c nbome iin the same 24 hour period and although I didn't notice anything yet im sure this played a role.. Anyway then a week or so later I dosed LSD 3 or 4 times within the same week. When I came down I noticed I had exacerbated a bit of HPPD. I also tried low dose of AL-LAD which didn't seem to effect me negatively. I used to have HPP it pretty bad but it diminished considerably by abstaining from LSD. However I did mushrooms quite a bit within th elas ten years with no increase in symptoms. Anyway Ive got pretty bad visual snow now...which is annoying but Im used to it and it may in fact be dissipating a abit however I have an extremely annoying symptom now; when I look at any bright object including a white poster and then look away about 75% of the time I get thousands of little sparkles of glitter that slowly dissipate over a 3 or 4 second period. Anyone else experience this? Drug or non drug related? Found cures? This is by far the most worrisome symptom Ive ever had with hppd because it obscures my vision pretty bad and I had it mildly when hpp first plagued me 16 or so years ago but it was relatively mild and happened maybe 5% of the time in the afformentioned conditions...however I didn't even attribute it to drug use then. Now I do for sure because of its increase post use of synthetic psychedelics. Any info on this would help greatly.

Hi Al laddin, I think your thread is much more suited to P&D forum moving this now

You used L.S.D. several times in a short period, are noticing visual snow, and are worried about that. You could look at it that way if you want to. I wouldn't be very worried.

I have always had varying levels of visual disturbances. Psychedelics originally exacerbated these disturbances or made them more obvious (I think I noticed details I had overlooked earlier). Over years of psychedelic experiences these disturbances decreased and my increased perception of details remained. Now I always notice these disturbances equally, they are very subtle, and continue improving.

Only some psychedelics were worth it. Others made things worse for sure.

Im not sure you read my post correctly or maybe I failed to be clear, I have had visual snow for as far as I can remember however, that is not what troubles me. Its this strange glitter/sparkle effect I get that completely obscures the center of my vision when I look at any light colored object. Its like a very saturated/opaque after image but made up of random pixels/glitter/sparkles....like what fireworks look like in a still photo. What Im saying is that its handicapping my ability to see properly...not just typical HPP stuff, like waving /breathing walls , trails and afterimages. Whiler these latter mentioned effects may be worrisome to some they are not usually to a degree where it makes it hard to actually see properly.

I call this effect visual snow as well. If you think something physical is wrong you should visit a neurologist. I honestly think mine was always there. When I first noticed it was very distracting, then I learned to kind of look past the effect as I had subconsciously done previously, and finally with lifestyle modification the effect faded. Mine was extreme at times.

I saw white sparkly dots dancing on certain objects in bright circumstances after a weekend of 6-APB abuse and a 4mg dose of 25i-nBOME (redosing of 500ug nasal spray). It's mostly gone away now (10 months later) although I get the occasional spark on the periphery of my vision. It got better quite rapidly after the first few months though, you'll probably be fine! It helps to stay off the psychedelics though... I've not tripped since that last dumb night of nBOME abuse, although I do intend to do so again (not nbome though) soon :p.

but yeah these look more like glittery explosions/fireworks caught in still motion ....they behave just like negative after images

i used to get white snow or sparkly vision when i squatted down, i noticed it first as a kid being a catcher in baseball, then as i play golf and read greens my eyes do the same... baseball was pre-psyches so i also have always noticed it and looked past it.

Bumping this thread because I still have this condition and wondering if anyone else has it and if it resolved or worsened with sontinued use of psychedelics

I have never had any traces of HPPD but it's pretty common... I think more psychedelics will not help. Probably neither will marijuana.

Yeah Xorkoth, from your posts Ive noticed that you have never been effected, wwhat I find odd is EVERY single one of my friends that indulge in psychedelics can attest to some permanent change to their vision since using them, LSD especially. Most express little to no concern about it. And have not been able to answer whether their is an increase of these effects with further use of these compounds. The main complaints are afterimages, difficulty adjusting to dark environments, light sensitivity, visual snow.

I found personally that mushrooms had no effect on HPP symptoms...LSD was a major issue and unfortunately its my DOC. YOure extrememly lucky xorkoth, if I could do psychedelics once a month with no ill effects on my vision...I would use no other drugs as the long lasting mental effects give me the positive outlook on life that I need.

Yes cannabis seems to increase the issue but only during acute intoxication and maybe a few hours afterwords, although it seems more psychological with cannabis. More like an anxiogenic exacerbation.

Yeah I consider myself lucky too especially since I tripped like 3-5 times a week (not strong trips usually though) for a good 3 years in 2006-2008, didn't even get it then.

Yeah I did ALOT of LSD in my highschool days and noticed my vision had changed a bit but wasn't bothered by it. Now that Im older tehres some annoying effects....its not like "being on a low dose of acid all the time"....its more like an imprint if you will... the sparkles I see aren't really pretty or anything..although they probably would look cool if I was acutely tripping...hard to explain but the effects that Im left with are not cool looking.....they don't have the same character as they do when you are tripping...

Another rexample is the afterimages I have...they are long and disrupt my vision, but thet don't look as cool as when im tripping. Like if I where to wave my hand n front of my face when Im tripping they are elaborate frames and each frame of the tracers has a different color with beautiful geometric crystalline patterns flowing and weaving in and out of each frame...NOW in my sober state if I wave my hand I have a long fairly 75% opaque streak that obscures my vision. Its weird.

Bumping this thread because I still have this condition and wondering if anyone else has it and if it resolved or worsened with sontinued use of psychedelics

Yes i had it pretty badly when i used psychedelics weekly or more, now i haven't used in a year and it's almost gone