• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sources Relating to Interaction of CBD(s) and THC

BadBoy377

Bluelighter
Hi folks,

I'm looking for info on how different CBDs modulate the effect the qualitative effects of THC. Papers, articles textbook whatever.

Yeah obviously I can Google but just asking on here as I think there's probably more credible and knowledgeable people here.

Not too technical ideally but definitely not dumbed down. All links appreciated.

Bonus thankyous for anything relating to cannabinoids and bipolar.

Cheers,

BB

Hey @BadBoy377 , seen you around, hope all is well.

I am not knowledgeable about the technical aspects, I'm sure others here are, but I can talk about marijuana use in general with bipolar disorder, and hopefully it helps in some way:

I started smoking when I was about 13, and I had a nasty concussion when I was about 16. I've read, that early use and concussions can both speed up the onset of the disorder, and on top of my first cousins both having BP, it just happened.

Anyway, as a holistic approach (and I know that you know how everyone reacts differently as I get a strong vibe from your posts that you're open minded and such), personally, for me it comes down to sunlight exposure, sleep, and stress.

If I can balance those three, I find that smoking weed does not dramatically alter my mood states. And if used responsibility may even be able to subside some symptoms, to slow me down.

So with CBD being the more relaxing part as I understand it - I have a feeling it would be fine.

But yes no links here unfortunately. And I'm not trying to promote the combination. I'll share my experiences as I wish. Free speech 😎

Thanks

Hi @Madness ,

Also seen you about 😁

I'm doing ok thanks. I hope you're good.

Thankyou for sharing you experiences.

I have been smoking regular good weed with the addition of some of the CBD hash type thing you can buy. My gut feeling is that it is helping to balance my mood. But lately I've been feeling so off that maybe it's just a case of anything that is different is better 😃

I continue to try and reduce and stop my drug use I feel like weed is a tool to use on this journey. It seems to balance me when I'm particularly unbalanced. Used sensibly of course.

Thanks again for sharing,

BB

Word, no problem, anyone know the technicals?

I don't think there's a huge amount of literature specifically looking at the behavioral impact of CBD combined with THC although there are a few.

CBD is generally thought to act as a negative modulator of CB1 which we think is why it can reduce the anxiety/intensity of THC. CBD seems to be fairly promiscuous when it comes to receptor binding and it has effects in many other areas.

One paper I'm aware of showed that chronic THC exposure can induce changes in dopaminergic transmission and CBD attenuated that effect.