• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sorry for posting.... I did it again..... :( Cocaine and lexapro

merseyside8

Bluelighter
So it was just last week where i posted about SSRIs and cocaine. And yesterday i did it again. I had a little too much to drink and had the "fuck it" mentality
I have been on 10mg for 4 months in which i have been getting tapered off. I went from 10mg to 7.5 to 5 to now 2.5mg. Yesterday i took maybe 6-8 bumps of cocaine. I know im stupid. I have been feeling so guilty and cause of that my anxiety is through the roof. I feel terrible. And now im looking through the net and finding things that are saying that i could be in trouble for seizures or cardiac injury. Im pretty fucking scared. Im never doing this again. I gave up alcohol for 3 months but decided to drink again and it was a mistake. It was really easy for me to leave the alcohol. Should i go to the hospital? I took the cocaine at around 3am to 6am. Is the coke kinda past in my system? Am i in danger?

It's just anxiety your fine. If you where going to die you would be dead by now

I recently posted in another thread about coke, SSRIs and alcohol combination (possibl even to you). The combo you described isn't life threatening. I've done a combination of coke SSRIs and alcohol well over 100 times (im ashamed to say) and at far higher doses but what I did say in my post last about this is that you're most likely going to feel very anxious the next day. Which I did every time but I was also in the midst of benzo addiction so that swiftly sorted out any anxiety.

Advice: just don't do it again. If you can't control what you're doing when you drink, don't drink. But the problem also seems to me that you're possibly hanging around with the wrong people as did I. You don't exactly buy a few bumps so you're getting it from a friend. Maybe if you really really don't want do this again and want to finish your SSRI 'program' or whatever you wanna call it (because it don't want to be on them forever trust me) then stop drinking and stop hanging out with those people.

OP, I've got good news and bad news. First, the bad news. You are paranoid. The good news is that the paranoia that you're experiencing is most likely the most serious consequence of your Cocaine usage. While you are correct that Cocaine is highly cardiotoxic and I give you credit for your caution, using the drug a couple of times or even occasionally does not typically lead to life-altering negative effects. The common complications that you hear of involving Cocaine are almost always due to chronic usage (deviated/destroyed septim, cardiological incidents etc.).

Cocaine is surely dangerous and potentially destructive, but it's my opinion that you are just going through some heightened anxiety and that this is simply a mind over matter scenario. As always, I have no moral judgement for what you're doing, but I think given the information that you've provided over the past several days, Alcohol is probably something you should stay away from. Take it from me, I'm 27 and I've been using Opioids since I was 14 or so. I was a hardcore addict until maybe 3 years ago. I still use drugs on occasion, but the secret to my success, as simple as it may sound, is to not drink Alcohol. Just like you, whenever I drink Alcohol and get to the "event horizon" if you will, I begin to crave recreational drugs of any kind.

The only times that I've ever injected Cocaine or smoked Crack, I have been completely wasted. The only times in the past few years that I've had hang-ups or issues with behavior, Alcohol has been involved. So, I still indulge in some of the things that I enjoy, but by cutting Alcohol out of the picture and being diligent about it, I've managed to cut a significant amount of unnecessary bullshit out of my life. It's just food for thought man.

Case in point, you're probably just experiencing some sever anxiety. It sounds like this is a fairly common issue for you. Try to remain calm and please, do not ever feel bad about using us as a resource or for support. We can get a little upset when people flagrantly break the rules and disrespect the community, but we're not about judging people or putting them down for needing help.

We're here for you and don't ever hesitate to post or contact us directly if you have any pressing issues.