• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Something in the bong water

antonomasia

Greenlighter
I noticed something white stringy stuff floating in the water around the percolator, the water also looked slightly less transparent than the water in the bottom of the bong so I cleaned it with 70% isopropyl alcohol (I didn't have enough to clean it properly but it's mostly clean). When I put the bong near light and looked closely I could see small, string-like objects attached to the bottom of the glass in the percolator section (I tried to take a picture but it looked like crap).

I usually keep the bong behind my radiator under my window to make sure it doesn't smell too much and although I hadn't cleaned the bong for a while (unrelated health problems :() it wasn't visibly that dirty, is there algae or something in my bong? how do I get rid of it?

Sounds like fungus to me. Could be algae.... but the white, stringy description makes me think fungus. And then I think about how the bong is hidden from light behind a radiator... Moist, dark, stagnant air.... yeah, my money's on fungus, not algae.

Clean it like you normally would. Could be harmless, or you could take a hit and catch a respiratory infection.

Good rule of thumb is to change bongwater daily (ideally, though, with every session) and to clean your glass regularly (every 10-20 uses works for me) to prevent this kind of shit from happening. It's also a good idea to empty the used bongwater after every session, letting your bong dry out between every use.

Sorry for interrupting this thread, but I just imagined this as a HILARIOUS idea for a "stoner horror movie" that every pothead would laugh their asses off at.

It would be a movie called "There's Something In The Bong Water..."

Trailer: "Rex and Tito are two stoners who have noticed a strange green glow to their bong water lately. When they go to try to change the water, strangely, they find that a green mass has solidified at the bottom of the chamber and they are unable to do so. Thinking nothing of it, the two keep smoking, and before long they notice green vapors emerging from the bong with every toke. Over night the bong water gains a life of it's own, and it appears that whatever it is "wants out" of the bong...Strange behavioral disturbances begin to take place in the stoners. Could it be that an alien life form has harvested within their lungs or is some more sinister force at work? Exactly WHAT IS IN THE BONG WATER?!?!......

Last edited:
Sorry for interrupting this thread, but I just imagined this as a HILARIOUS idea for a "stoner horror movie" that every pothead would laugh their asses off at.

It would be a movie called "There's Something In The Bong Water..."

Trailer: "Rex and Tito are two stoners who have noticed a strange green glow to their bong water lately. When they go to try to change the water, strangely, they find that a green mass has solidified at the bottom of the chamber and they are unable to do so. Thinking nothing of it, the two keep smoking, and before long they notice green vapors emerging from the bong with every toke. Over night the bong water gains a life of it's own, and it appears that whatever it is "wants out" of the bong...Strange behavioral disturbances begin to take place in the stoners. Could it be that an alien life form has harvested within their lungs or is some more sinister force at work? Exactly WHAT IS IN THE BONG WATER?!?!......

I could see this turning into Reefer Madness 2.0.

Someone needs to run this by James Franco and Seth Rogen, though.

Evil Bong

Sorry guys it's been done already.

aFfHcsO.jpg

To answer the OP, get some isopropyl alcohol and salt. Pour them in your bong and shake. Rinse out with water. This should kill the "Evil Bong"

To answer the OP, get some isopropyl alcohol and salt. Pour them in your bong and shake. Rinse out with water. This should kill the "Evil Bong"

Just to throw this in there, the reason why alcohol and salt work so well is because the salt doesn't dissolve in the alcohol like it does in water. I've also used rice and methylated spirits to clean my bong, and well, the more coarse the salt, the better it will be. Just don't put like a block of salt in haha.

R.