Someone broke into my house and stole everything..

w0w0mg

Bluelighter
I am so upset right now.
This morning I left my apartment to take my girlfriend to school,
I come back and someone had stolen my wallet, xanax, iphone, laptop and worst of all $1,400 I had in cash for rent..
I feel like my world just flipped upside down. I worked so hard for that money and now I have NOTHING.
I don't understand, when I am trying to do good, get my life all back, I get screwed over..

The sad part it, I'm 99% sure it was my roommates boyfriend that stole it.
I can't really threaten him or anything because he owns a gun, and is some hood-rat
who is border-line retarded. I'm sure he would shoot me if I tried anything physical.

I now have no money for rent or bills..
I could have at least got drugs with all that money, but instead it gets stolen.

I am losing my mind.. I don't know what to do..

Honestly, our justice system is so broken, that even if you filed a report, they would say that there's really nothing you can do unless you can prove it. When I lived with my mom, her ex boyfriend broke into the house 3 times and completely destroyed the place. He stole everything, threw tv's out windows, cut gas lines, etc. It wasn't until we caught him on tape that we were taken seriously. Even the death threats and disgusting voicemails weren't "admissable." I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know how frustrating snd upsetting it is.

Thank you for the reply.
I know it seems like a lost cause.
There's no proof and I know he's not going to admit stealing everything.
My girlfriend is livid and is trying to threaten everyone.
It's pointless in my opinon, I am just so upset though.
I know don't know how I'm going to pay my rent or any of my bills now.
I worked hard for that money and I have worked hard to NOT spend it on drugs.
It makes me just want to get drugs, but now I can't even do that.

Life sucks sometimes. I had someone steal from me once too. I was kind enough to let them stay at my house when they had no place to live. They were cleaning me out while I worked. Stole all my jewelry (including a $6000 engagement ring from my x ) my moms ring, checks the back of my check book, even my childrens wii and Xbox. I was so hurt

I'm sorry to hear that.

Did you file a police report? Even if nothing gets solved, I still think it would be a good thing to do. Maybe you could try explaining to your landlord (if it is a landlord) what happened and something can be worked out. Regardless, even if your roommate is a good person, you should probably think about moving out if you think their boyfriend robbed you.. I know you want to get fucked up right now.. But it wouldn't fix anything and it would delay the situation at hand which needs to be dealt with. Keep us updated, you'll get through this!

That's really terrible. Unfortunate as it is, you just have to cut this as a loss that is out of your hands. It's done, it is really terrible and unfair and it has NOTHING to do with how good or bad of a person you are. Good and bad aren't fairly distributed, it's all just random.

I know that doesn't help. I'm sorry you're feeling hurt. There is some good advice on this thread, and I would just reach out for help and keep going forward, don't let yourself sink back!

Sorry man..There is nothing worse than a fucking thief, ya know?!? I been there too its shitty because the cops just drag shit out like wanting product numbers and all that stuff and in the end they just file a report. Barring the guy just storming into the police office and turning himself in its kind of a lost cause. I guess sometimes you get lucky because my brother had a flat screen stolen out of his house we filed a report and found at the pawn shop down the road. Ourselves none the less.. (surprise huh). We let them know and they confiscated it, brought it back to the police station and as a few months go by we kept bugging them and they finally gave it back. At the time it was at the police office they were literally all sitting around it from time to time watching tv.. small town cops eh? I hope the scum that did that to you gets his..

do you have any insurance? if so, if you can prove you had the cash- say a pay slip showing you were paid in cash or statement showing the withdrawal, you may be able to get it back + if you have receipts for the elctronic goods you will be able to have them replaced. but you will need proof of the robbery from the police.

really really sorry that happened to you! i got burgled a lot but never had my drugs taken and always SO relieved i still had those! i hope you find a way to sort out your rent.

what goes around comes around...he will get his...

can your roommate do anything to help get it back?

I am so upset right now.
This morning I left my apartment to take my girlfriend to school,
I come back and someone had stolen my wallet, xanax, iphone, laptop and worst of all $1,400 I had in cash for rent..
I feel like my world just flipped upside down. I worked so hard for that money and now I have NOTHING.
I don't understand, when I am trying to do good, get my life all back, I get screwed over..

The sad part it, I'm 99% sure it was my roommates boyfriend that stole it.
I can't really threaten him or anything because he owns a gun, and is some hood-rat
who is border-line retarded. I'm sure he would shoot me if I tried anything physical.

I now have no money for rent or bills..
I could have at least got drugs with all that money, but instead it gets stolen.

I am losing my mind.. I don't know what to do..
I know how it feels. Not to sweep you post but last night I had 10 large and my xbox stolen from me. To say the very least... You know that feeling when u get hit in the gut and lose breath? that's how i feel all day. its hard to cope. 10 fucking k.

And I know who did it, but the police can't do anything immediately. Patience and karma.

Times like this when a bunch of us bluelighters need to get together a curb stomp a fucking thief.

Times like this when a bunch of us bluelighters need to get together a curb stomp a fucking thief.

You may believe it will be cathartic, and it even may feel good, but it will not solve anyone's problems, least of all your own. I hope you are able to find some peace. I know that feeling, like someone just hit you in the gut and all you can do is gasp for breath. It will pass. When it does you will figure out what is the best thing to do. Right now it is probably better to just take care of yourself.

I am so sorry to hear that w0w0mg! If you file a police report you should be able to show your landlord and get an extension. As your roommate of her bf suddenly came into money. Also, if you kept you cash somewhere fairly isolated the cops can print the area and see if his prints come up. When I used to have roommates they were never in my room so their prints would be out of the ordinary on my stuff. You should be proud of yourself- this is a bad situation and you stayed sober. That is indeed progress forward ;)