• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF I`M OKAY

gram696969

Bluelighter
I took around 5 generic benedryl, but they have 30pseudoephedrine in them as well as 500acetaminophen and 25diphenhydramine. I fell pretty stoned so mission accomplished I guess but my piss feels like firewater. Am I okay? Tip of my downstairs is burning like crazy someone tell me if im okay im panicking a bit

I’m a urology nurse. I can’t say I have ever heard
of diphenhydramine (generic Benedryl)
that contained pseudoephedrine. It sounds like you took a pseudoephedrine based decongestant that contained some diphenhydramine. Also, I should add that the recommended maximum dosage of acetaminophen is 1,500mg/daily so you may wish
to be mindful of this.
As for your sensation of burning upon urination, that’s usually related to something else, such as infection, and I haven’t heard anything about either pseudoephedrine or diphenhydramine related dysuria.

Antihistamines to get high?! .. Is this real?
You can be glad that doesn't cause dementia anymore..
I would not recommend anyone doing this in order to get stoned.
This stuff can do permanent damage to your CNS, cause arrythmias, increased blood pressure, osteoporosis... list is pretty long. Besides the point, Antihistamines usually actually worsen your allergies over time. I can imagine taking a shitload might make whatever allergy you got this for HORRIBLE

Please, this is medicine, do not take it for any other reason than to get healthy. You might carry permanent damage with you for the rest of your life just because you wanted "to get hiiiigh, duuude!"

How groovy it is, indeed.

I used to snort benedryl orgasms are better IME.

But dude, 5 is overkill for sure. I did one.

Anyway Welcome to Bluelight hehe.

I'll shoot this over to H&R where you might get more replies. Left a redirect to BDD on second thought.

If you feel like there is an issue go to the er, but generally the drugs and doses, while not a good combo in the slightest, you took should not cause issues. Again, if you think there is something wrong and your health is at risk then go see a doctor ASAP

Also, I should add that the recommended maximum dosage of acetaminophen is 1,500mg/daily

I would hope it’s not 1,500 mg per day, they used to give me 1,000 mg intravenous acetaminophen twice daily in the hospital :)

The maximum dosage was always considered 4,000mg per day. Although, I have noticed the recommendations keep getting lower and lower. I’ve seen 3,000mg per day, and recently I have even seen 2,500 mg per day.

I just did a bit of research, and single dose toxicity seems to be insanely high for acetaminophen (not daily, just one time dose) at 150mg/kg. That’s insane! The daily dose recommendations must be so much lower (3,000 mg/day or 4,000 mg/day) because of the constant exposure to the liver.

I just did a bit of research, and single dose toxicity seems to be insanely high for acetaminophen (not daily, just one time dose) at 150mg/kg. That’s insane! The daily dose recommendations must be so much lower (3,000 mg/day or 4,000 mg/day) because of the constant exposure to the liver.

of course

here in uk few years ago there were lots of incidents of people attempting suicide via od on co-codamol (codeine plus acetaminophen that can be purchased by anyone from pharmacy))

Not many succeeded but plenty were left with dreadful liver damage from the part of the combo they considered benign

Well, I’d agree, the recommended daily maximum acetaminophen dose has dropped considerably. At least where I am, we are advised to tell patients that 1,500mg/day is the max for acetaminophen.

The recommended maximum for ibuprofen has now been significantly lowered to 1,200mg/daily, which sounds crazy to me because I still have a few 800mg ibuprofen I was prescribed for an injury a few years ago, and I took 2-3/daily. I have told patients that the max daily dose of ibuprofen was 1,600mg and the 1,200mg/day guidelines are new to me.

Please keep in mind that these are simply arbitrary recommendations made without any knowledge of
a patient’s particular situation, so your own doctor might approve of higher doses for you. A lot of this
is affected by other things, consumption of alcohol, medications, recreational drugs, health conditions, etc. The impetus for formulating these “safe daily maximum dosages” is that the patient could have a medical condition or be taking substances in which case either of these over the counter medications could be seriously contraindicated, which might result in serious harm to or death of the patient.

Last edited:
Even factoring all that in, 1,500mg/day seems an extremely conservative recommendation. I almost wonder if it’s a guideline recommendation strictly formulated for the urology department you’re referencing?

Even factoring all that in, 1,500mg/day seems an extremely conservative recommendation. I almost wonder if it’s a guideline recommendation strictly formulated ifor the urology department you’re referencing?
Fair enough Deru, this may be true..

Regarding the APAP i always thought it was 4000mg a day, in 4 x 1000mg doses.

I've had a few periods of my life where I've taken 1000mg religiously every 4 hours for weeks, so whats that? 6000mg a day. Not that I'm recommending it. Sometimes I'd only wait 3 hours to redose too, depending on my pain level.
🤷‍♂️

Regarding the APAP i always thought it was 4000mg a day, in 4 x 1000mg doses.

I've had a few periods of my life where I've taken 1000mg religiously every 4 hours for weeks, so whats that? 6000mg a day. Not that I'm recommending it. Sometimes I'd only wait 3 hours to redose too, depending on my pain level.
🤷‍♂️

that's defo what it says on the tin - no more than 1000mg every 4 hours

Man, what a weird fucken two days. I felt so fucken weird for so fucken long I forgot I posted this, Obviously I`m fine but holy shit that couldve been a hospital trip easily enough that I`ll never do pill drugs again

Man, what a weird fucken two days. I felt so fucken weird for so fucken long I forgot I posted this, Obviously I`m fine but holy shit that couldve been a hospital trip easily enough that I`ll never do pill drugs again
Thanks for everybody who replied if I were actually smart enough to read some replies at the time it wouldve helped lol

Antihistamines to get high?! .. Is this real?
You can be glad that doesn't cause dementia anymore..
I would not recommend anyone doing this in order to get stoned.
This stuff can do permanent damage to your CNS, cause arrythmias, increased blood pressure, osteoporosis... list is pretty long. Besides the point, Antihistamines usually actually worsen your allergies over time. I can imagine taking a shitload might make whatever allergy you got this for HORRIBLE

Please, this is medicine, do not take it for any other reason than to get healthy. You might carry permanent damage with you for the rest of your life just because you wanted "to get hiiiigh, duuude!"

How groovy it is, indeed.
Yes. This is a real thing. When I was a teenager J abused gravel or Benadryl several times myself. It’s usually something kids do out of desperation to get high on whatever..

It’s not a good sign. I’m now a hardcore meth addict trying to clean up almost 30. To @gram696969 you’re going down a dangerous path. I bet things are really intense for you right now but man is this not worth it. PM me if you need to chat with someone who’s been through this shit.