• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Somebody else having troubles on ego death/rebirth or getting IN the trip on Aya?

sxh

Greenlighter
I was wondering if somebody else have experienced this and what do you guys recommend to do to go through the experience of " getting stuck in the birth canal".
On december of 2015 I participated on my first ayahuasca ceremony.
I drank ona shot, and like one hour later the shaman gave me the second dose.
Suddenly I was lying down on my blanket, moving my body from side to side and sometimes getting up while sitted and tried to watch my surroundings and everything was so dizzy and my attention was very altered. Tried to close my eyes to enter on my jurney but never happened. Everybody else had a trip but me.
I just felt some kind of anxiety and "silent suffering" just like if I could'nt pass to the next level or something. It was kind of uncomfortable.
Also I puked and have diarrhea, the walk to the bathroom was AN ODYSSEY.

Today I find this text on Tribe and I relate to what he says:

"Ayahuasca is healing in part because it makes you face things you need to face, in a way that can feel very supported by a loving Presence if you are in touch with the Vine side of it. BUT I have known of cases where, especially taking it alone without support, people have, you could say, gone halfway and then become "stuck" due to fear, leaving them afterward with the whole issue that they were dealing with totally exposed -- like, stuck at the height of fear or emotional pain. "The only way out is through" is absolutely the only prescription; it is like a baby being stuck halfway through the birth canal. The only way to deal with this is by taking another strong dose and finishing the process. In my experience (as a mod on the ayahuasca.com forums for the last five years, I have witnessed a lot) that has never failed to be successful, but it is certainly conceivable that, in a =really= unsupported situation (without even internet counsel to help one get the courage to finish the process) fear really could paralyze some individuals and leave them indefinitely "stuck in the birth canal," so to speak. The only way out is through.

The thing about Ayahuasca healing is that -- if you start the process, you have to be committed to seeing it ALL THE WAY THROUGH. If fear were to make you bail out in the middle, and you never finished the process due to fear, I could certainly see how that could lead to problems that could persist until you finished the process. "

Can somebody share his/her experiences on this topic?

W/ love, Daniel

The only way to deal with this is by taking another strong dose and finishing the process.

I think putting it like this, is totally irresponsible. You are the only one who can decide if you want to try it again, if you really don't feel like it there is probably a good reason.

Is it really you who came up with this idea of being stuck or was it the shaman who interpreted it like that? In my personal experience I can say that, in terms of "healing", psychedelics never did anything other than totally expose the issues that were bothering me and maybe give me some vague idea what to do about it. If you think the psychedelic is going to solve your problems for you, you are setting yourself up for dissapointment. It can only help to show you what you need to do in your sober life to adress these problems.

Last edited: