• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Some types of H better for snorting then iv?

sixam

Greenlighter
Please bear with my attempt at a brief but thorough explanation of my friends concern.

My friend is a recreational user of H. (Once or twice a week) He is eager to get a couple questions answered mostly in the interest of harm reduction. He finds that when he trys snorting new dope that is white #4 high purity he does not get high.. Instead he just gets a feeling of a slight buzz and just feeling out of it (not in a good way) He is use to north east coast dope that he use to get before he moved south cost. When snorting in the past he would get an amazing experience. Before he started using he suffered from severe anxiety and body pain from a medical condition that was not responding well to other drugs. When taking it he is relived from his medical condition. He experiences deep relaxation, anxiety immediately dissipates and his pain goes away along with great euphoria.

This new stuff that he been trying is known to be high purity white #4 but he gets nothing from snorting like he would with other dope. However.. he was so fed up that he finally tryed injecting using a small dosage and had dramatic positive results. However. he does NOT want to get in the habit of shooting BUT for some reason this dope is nearly useless when snorted.

The main question is... Is there some batches out there that for whatever reason work great for IV but really suck to snort? Are there types that work better for snorting? He is confused because he knows its high purity but snorting does not work like his other that he use to get. He was also lucky enough to find some brown powder a few weeks back that was completely out of this world FIRE when snorted. (lost contact) The euphoria was very intense yet this new stuff does not work unless IV and he does not want to start that in fear of a strong addiction. So how does he know what is better for snorting and what is the science behind it that makes some batches useless for snorting but fire when IV?? He seems to notice over the years that dope that is pure white in color seems to be the least potent for him snorting yet dope that is a little off white, greyish or brown to be much more effective. His main goal when using is sedation from anxiety, pain reduction and euphoria.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. I am new here, new to any drug based forum so please keep that in mind. I I tried to explain his situation the best I could. I don't want him to switch to IV just because he does not know the differences between types of dope out there what to look for when snorting vs IV.

Thanks again

A dealer will usually claim that Cloudy dope is "sniffer" dope. All that really means is that they don't want to admit its garbage! If dope is good it should not matter how its done.

IV is always better. Why wouldn't it be? You're getting all of the drug in your bloodstream, whereas the bioavailability of snorting is lower.

IV is always better. Why wouldn't it be? You're getting all of the drug in your bloodstream, whereas the bioavailability of snorting is lower.

He knows that because he has ived a few times before. But for something to be nothing at all snorting and fire in very low dose iv leads him to believe that for some reason some dope is better for sniffing and some better for iving. I am not a scientist but I am willing to bet there is a difference on a chemical level. He also has had stuff that was the other way around great for snorting not to good for iv. I share some of his same interests. It fascinates me how there are different types of cuts of dope then you also have the #1,2,3,4 that has conflicting information.

He just wants to get to the bottom of it so that he can buy only H that will have a good effect snorting instead of needing to iv and getting sucked into that wormhole :sus: :?

I don't know what to tell you bro. There's good heroin and bad heroin...heroin that's high in alkaloid content and heroin that's low in alkaloid content. That's the only difference I know of "on a chemical level". Heroin is a street drug so there's no way to buy dope with a 100% certainty that it'll yield the effect you want; sometimes even good dealers will sell a so-so batch. Nature of the game.

Like the poster above me said, good heroin is good heroin. It doesn't make any sense to me that there would be heroin that'd be good up your nose but not dumped in your veins (although the opposite case makes a bit more sense, since you get more out of shooting just generally speaking...)

^This. Also we don't use Swim, my friend or other anonymous names around here. We know its you :) Makes it easier to read and saying" my friend" won't protect you from anything potential.