• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Some questions regarding subbing modafinal for adderal during a planned drug holiday.

Blossom

Bluelighter
Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking for quite some time trying to decide how to implement my planned upcoming Adderal break and thought I might as well ask for some advice as I still have some unanswered questions and my planned start date is fast approaching.

Background:

I’ve taken Adderal off and on since I was a child and started taking it again about a year and a half ago.
Now, I take 30 mg XR Adderal every day with a 10-20 mg booster dose as needed. I am prescribed much more then this, but I’m pretty hip to the use it and lose it phenomenon and Adderall has been a wonder drug for my inattentive type ADD so I am very invested in keeping my dose as low as possible.

I have tried unsuccessfully to take a break from the Adderal due to horrible, “get me to the emergency room” headaches which last for 1-3 days (at which point I give up and take the Adderall). I have tried treating the headaches with L-tyrosine, cyclobenzaprine and CBD/THC as well as high doses of ibuprofen.

I was doing some digging and have found that some people take modafinal (or its related wakefulness promoting agents) to withdrawal from Adderall, mostly to treat the associated fatigue.

I should mention that my school break is about a month, and will resume medication once school begins again. I’m also hell bent on NOT involving my psychiatrist in this.

My questions are:

1. Will substituting modafinal negate the effects of the adderal drug holiday?
2. Does anyone have experience treating severe withdrawal headaches? Did modafinal work? What else can I use?
3. What supplements (with modafinal) should I be taking during the drug holiday?