• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Some noob questions about CBD

hazmatz

Bluelighter
Hey guys

I used to toke a lot, but haven't touched any drugs in over a year because of my anxiety / occasional panic attacks. I'm looking into CBD oil which seems to have great benefits for anxiety and depression, but I have some questions.

1) I am a tad bit confused about the legality of CBD oil. Some sources say it's totally legal in all 50 of the US states, while others say only medicinal states can use it. I am wondering if I will get in trouble for having CBD products shipped to my house, or if it will even be allowed at all. (EDIT: I'm in Wisconsin, hope it isn't against the rules to mention)

2) There is much controversy about the presence of withdrawal symptoms in THC users, but what about CBD? If I took CBD for several months to combat anxiety and suddenly stopped, will I have benzo-like withdrawals?

And lastly
3) what are some sites you guys can recommend for a clueless fella like me? There are a ton of sites out there and I can't determine which ones are the real deal.

Thanks a ton in advance. Any information you guys could help me find would be extremely appreciated.

1.) companies inside the U.S. like MCIG Chill CBD hemp oil are not suppose to ship anything to you if their product was illegal in your state. They, SUPOSSIBLY, only ship their items where their items are legal.
2.) from every thing I've read it is not habit forming, and it is not suppose to give a "high" which is why CBD hemp oil is supposedly legal in all 50 states.
3.) google "chill CBD hemp oil", you can buy a kit with a vape pen and extra strength quality oil. MCIG is really big on quality for the dollar and try to deliver what they promise. Chill hemp oil vape also has free shipping. There was an article out recently some companies have been claiming to sell CBD hemp oil but test proved the product had no CBD hemp oil. make sure you buy from a credible source.

side note: the Chill CBD hemp oil I bought is extra strength, and the package claimed it will give you a rush. When I used it, the rush hit me like a mac truck, and I was completely buzzed for a good 45 mins. so I recommend the first time you use it, make sure you are not driving and I would start with small puffs. their package warns you, its extra strength (high quality) and will give you a rush. they weren't kidding. but check out their site, they explain it well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation...... They look good and better than most medical dispensaries as far as CBD.

CBD is therapeutic. It is like an opposite effect to THC I find. THC simulates while CBD sedates.... Honestly i bet after using CBD and stopping you will feel refreshed where THC has its hangover/comedown

Edit: Damn good product.... The testing results show a 20:1 ratio of CBD:THC just like the AC/DC bud strain just in a 10x less concentration. I'm honestly looking into grabbing some myself as the standardization of the low potency makes it very valid as a form of medicine. Unfortunately it lacks the medical terpenes

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, snake bite and thanks for the extra info, tacodude.

The chill cbd oil sounds pretty intense. I'm looking for something that doesn't get me high. I don't really want something that's gonna "hit me like a mac truck" haha. I'm looking for something along the lines of something I can just drop under my tongue each morning to make me feel better, you know?

I'm thinking about buying from healthyhempoil but I can't find any third party reviews...so I'm not positive it's legit.

EDIT: healthyhempoil seems to be a marketing ploy / scam...along with Dixie botanicals. It's very frustrating because I can't find any legit cbd tinctures anywhere at all.

Last edited:
So I've decided I'm going to order a "100mg" bottle of Dixie Dew Drops and try it out. If anyone is interested, I will report back to document it's effects on anxiety.

Definitely try that chill cbd oil.... The high may just come from the miniscule amount of thc present in the hash. CBD will only cause heavy effects in doses above 15 mg I find being like of one overdose klonopin just nowhere near as severe of a sedation, but at the right dose I find it to be very grounding where it actually allows me to be more clear headed.

The dixie dew drops will probably be good as my experience with cbd is with a tincture extracted from the AC/DC strain. Still get the wax to smoke for nighttime trust.

Hazmatz, I've been using small puffs now with the Chill CBD oil, so I'm not getting that "rush". I've heard people talk about not getting any rush at all from other brands, and I wonder if they are getting the real thing. unfortunately you are right, there are so many scams and bad products. I wish the FDA would regulate the CBD so we would know who is selling quality product. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Dixie products suck, take it from someone who tests them regularly for compliance. I wouldn't eat that rat hair infested shit if you held me down.

Not sure if some of these CBD products are just CBD or are from hemp type plants with trace amounts of CBD.

There seems to be a bit of a CBD fad/craze at the moment but really although for medical purposes CBD can be a critical cannabinoid in and of itself, what is equally important is the whole plant cannabinoid profile or fingerprint (it's unique to each strain and to each phenotype). Dr. Lester Grinspoon coined the 'entourage effect' term, which describes the synergistic contributions of other compounds in cannabis. This is why Marinol was such an abysmal failure, because they tried to take one specific cannabinoid, delta-9-THC and encapsulate it in sesame oil, forcing a square peg into a round hole by trying to turn a naturally occurring plant compound into a conventional pharmaceutical. It is important to realise the whole really is greater than the sum of the parts and a whole plant extract is needed to derive the true benefits of cannabis, not one cannabinoid in isolation.

Dixie products suck, take it from someone who tests them regularly for compliance. I wouldn't eat that rat hair infested shit if you held me down.

For real? They have posted lab results and the famous projectcbd group has done some investigating to their cause. The cbd amount may be really low but there's not really rat hair...right? o_O

@artificial emotion
So you're saying only the entire cannabis plant can provide such benefits? What do you think about combining a cbd tincture (Dixie for example) and smoking normal bud? Do you think it would increase the medical benefits? Like I mentioned in my original post, I have issues controlling my anxiety sometimes, especially when high. I'd love to be able to enjoy the weekend bowl again, so I'm waiting for the tincture to come in the mail and I'm gonna have a few drops before I smoke.

EDIT: found this on another site
Former Dixie Botanicals head of Dixie Science, Tamar Wise:

I'm tired of so called CBD companies claiming that what they provide is
medicine. Anyone using a CBD from hemp product please be aware of what
you are actually getting b/c it is not what you think. These
formulations start with a crude and dirty hemp paste (contaminated with
microbial life! I have seen this and these organisms decompose the
paste. The paste perhaps even contains residual solvent and other toxins
as the extraction is done in CHINA) made in a process that actually
renders it unfit for human consumption. What these companies are doing
is criminal and dangerous. In fact MJNA's RSHO is literally just this
hemp paste diluted in hemp seed oil. No refinement at all!!! And what
Dixie Botanicals is offering is beyond disturbing. I cannot keep quiet
anymore. And since I formulated most of these products as head of Dixie
Science, I feel responsible for spreading the truth. I left Dixie for
ethical reasons but it is not enough to just walk away. These frauds
need to be exposed for what they are. Look out for my tell all article
coming soon and feel free to contact me directly with questions as it is
time to blow the whistle. Let's keep this industry pure and safe.

Damn. What a shame. I was really looking forward to smoking again.

Last edited:
Dronabinol with CBD (bluebird) is the most magical thing I've ever experienced. Either one by itself just feels too nutty or too tame.

Not sure if some of these CBD products are just CBD or are from hemp type plants with trace amounts of CBD.

There seems to be a bit of a CBD fad/craze at the moment but really although for medical purposes CBD can be a critical cannabinoid in and of itself, what is equally important is the whole plant cannabinoid profile or fingerprint (it's unique to each strain and to each phenotype). Dr. Lester Grinspoon coined the 'entourage effect' term, which describes the synergistic contributions of other compounds in cannabis. This is why Marinol was such an abysmal failure, because they tried to take one specific cannabinoid, delta-9-THC and encapsulate it in sesame oil, forcing a square peg into a round hole by trying to turn a naturally occurring plant compound into a conventional pharmaceutical. It is important to realise the whole really is greater than the sum of the parts and a whole plant extract is needed to derive the true benefits of cannabis, not one cannabinoid in isolation.

Yes, and for this reason getting CBD that comes from high-CBD flowers rather than hemp is probably ideal, though certainly easier done in some areas than others. The cannabinoids and other medicinal compounds are most concentrated in the flowers.