• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Some general tips

kiwix

Greenlighter
Hello all, this is my first post since I have been clean on weed but I thought I would offer some of the knowledge and tips that I learned from my days when I was a chronic smoker.

I know it's a cultural thing and there is nothing more fun than holding the smoke in for long periods of time and challenging your friends to see how long you can hold it in. Scientific evidence (tv documentaries) and my own experience tells me that holding the smoke does not increase the effects noticably and is probably worse for your lungs. I know there is research on the protective effects of weed on the lungs but you have to remind yourself that you're inhaling smoke and any kind of smoke has a neflgative effect on your lungs.

My second tip.is to try and use fulters and not roaches. This gives a joint/spliff a different taste and probably filters do filter out some THC and other cannabinoids but you will still get high which is the whole point. Again this is a cultural thing which you could consider changing to reduce your likelyhood of negative physical effects on your lungs.

My third tip is for reducing the smell if you dont want certain people knowing you have been smoking as easiliy. It is however impossible to completely hide the effects on your eyes since even if you do use eye drops your eyes are left with a glassy look to them. The best precaution is to about half an hour before you talk to people in irder to hide red/glassy eyes.

Most people have heard of techniques to hide the smell of smoke(dryer sheets in toilet roll) but the safest way to avoid this is to roll joints/spliffs and smoke them outside. Now a technique to remove the smell involves removing the main source of odour which is on the hand you smoke with. Simply get some scented hand or body lotion and rub it in thoroughy. If you dont have that then look around your house for any scented product. Sun tan lotion will do. There is also a milder smell on your breath and this can be removed by chewing strong gum.

Please let me know if any if this advice is useful or accurate.

I remember reading somewhere that the smell of cannabis is virtually undetectable after 20 minutes in a ventilated space - i.e. - outside. So if you smoke outside, and give it twenty minutes, you should more or less be completely undetectable. Of course, you've been puffing for hours on end on very strong stuff, you'll need a bit longer.