• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Some facts about meth, and some questions

Theresalwaystomorrow

Bluelighter
Okay so, after using meth on and off, and only in moderate dos s, for years now, and only just now having 'hallucinations' and what not, I can firmly say that the ONLY way meth makes you have psychotic symptoms is because of dehydration, sleep deprivation, and nutritional deficiencies. I have been severely dehydrated this past week, because I work construction in arizona, and I take medications like Seroquel and doxepin that make me more sensitive to heat and sunlight, and more prone to dehydration. Then on top of that, I was coming home and drinking alcohol at night. And then a couple days, I took some meth. Not a lot, mind you, just small doses. But I got heat rashes on my face, I was delirious, I was sweating profusely, at one point I was so dehydrated I was throwing up fluids, and I'm betting I lost a lot of weight, and one night I hallucinated that bugs were everywhere on the ground. If you just use basic self-care, make sure to eat enough and drink lots of fluids, and make sure that you're sleeping every night, then you will never have any problems with meth.

The question I have is, why is it that I LOST a lot of muscle and seemingly no fat? I was eating pretty healthy, and I was doing a lot of physical work, and I am also on Anabolic steroids...so why is it that I lost only muscle it seems, and not much fat?

Your body typically burns fat before muscle, it would start using muscle (protein) only when your fat stores are really low or depleted. Why do you think you lost muscle and not fat?

I read somewhere that basically when on stimulants and you’re lacking food it will basically Deteriorate muscle in a very fast manner. Which is unfortunate

Your body typically burns fat before muscle, it would start using muscle (protein) only when your fat stores are really low or depleted. Why do you think you lost muscle and not fat?
I can look in the mirror. I kinda know when my body has lot some weight sometimes as well. When you lose everything is just a lowly 5 lbs of fat, with no muscle loss, you'd be amazed how much better your muscle density shows, just from 5 lbs of fat