• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Some brief notes on MALT (no B&D thread yet?)

cj187

Bluelighter
I just tried MALT for the first time. I put 25mg in my freebase pipe and smoked a little at a time. It was pretty close to what I expected: basically a dumbed-down MPT. Less psychedelic and less visual, more of a fuzzy stoned high. I was really spaced out, occasionally drifting into typical psychedelic thought patterns, but mostly absent-minded and care-free. The head space actually reminds me more of EPT than MPT.

MALT isn't particularly visual, and the visuals I did have were strange. They weren't really aesthetically appealing, it just seemed like my brain was having trouble processing what I was seeing. At one point after smoking a good sized hit, big chunks of my vision started to become obscured by a veil of visual snow. The color palette is odd too, consisting of a lot of burgundy, orange and pale yellow.

I had planned to smoke at least the 25mg I had weighed out, but I got through about 3/4 of it before nausea started to get to me. I can imagine it getting pretty trippy at higher doses, but it seems like something better suited to low doses. I was alone when I tried it, but I feel like it could be enjoyable in a social setting.

Overall, MALT isn't anything too special. I think there are plenty of people who would find it enjoyable, but if you don't try it you aren't missing out on much.

Thanks, sounds exactly like the kind of thing I wouldn't want to bother with. Although I do wonder if it would become more characteristic/interesting at a higher dose? Did you get any sense of that?

Kaleida tried a 50mg dose of MALT recently and posted a trip report, and it sounds like she had a petty interesting experience. Still though, I'm not sure that MALT can do anything the other tryptamines couldn't do better.

Thanks once again for the info, cj187. :) I still haven't used MALT again yet after my 50 mg dose, but what you described sounds much like what I would expect from slightly under 25 mg. I did not get any nausea even at the higher dose though luckily, as that has affected me with some other base tryptamines.

Personally, I'll say that what made MALT stand out the most to me compared to the other base tryptamines I've used is that whereas most, honestly pretty much all of the others I've taken at actually full doses to make a proper judgement, have felt notably more alike lysergamides or phenethylamines than DMT does for me, MALT on the other hand was actually surprisingly more psilocin-like overall. This is true in multiple ways, such as the fact that MiPT, MET, and MPT for me all have a much more overt and hedonistic euphoria, more bold and colorful (not necessarily more complex) geometric visuals, and a greater potential for body tenseness or what feels like possibly vasoconstriction than DMT, while on the other hand MALT for me felt more neutral and dissociative by comparison even though it was still euphoric, had more mushroom-like visuals for me which are a lot like you describe at lower doses for me, more like processing errors than illusory designs, but which at higher doses begin to involve lots of highly three-dimensional, dark, and blended organic and mechanical immersive structural designs, and this did play a central role for me with MALT during the peak with my eyes closed, and alike psilocin and DMT compared to the others I found it to be incredibly light on the body load, like there really wasn't much of a risk of tension.

Honestly, I actually came out of it thinking that MALT has tons of potential and that feeling has really only grown over time, but I also came to pretty much the opposite conclusion that you did, which is: it seems possibly mainly suited to higher doses for my personal explorations. I was left with the feeling that MALT very likely has a full breakthrough point and that it may be smoother and more classically psychedelic feeling than things like MET and MPT, and potentially also more impressively hallucinogenic at least with eyes closed, as those psilocin-like visuals were really already pushing into extreme intensity and showing amazing potential compared to how the others have a tendency to put a lot of emphasis on the more cartoony visions and two-dimensional patterns for me. In the future I think I will actually likely consider 50 mg to be a general minimum smoked dose, and shoot for at least 60 mg next time and move up from there until I do find that breakthrough. If you're interested in actually having a strong trip on it, I would recommend shooting higher as well as I really do think there is likely a lot to see there, though hopefully you won't have to deal with too much nausea. However, whether or not it will be significantly different from other breakthrough tryptamines is of course still debatable, but hopefully future experiences will answer that question soon enough.

Anyway, thanks again for the perspective. There definitely should be a Big & Dandy MALT thread, I really would love to hear more opinions on this one.

Sure there is a B&D (well it's still small and handy so i guess you can't find it that way ;) ): http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/824214-The-Small-amp-Handy-MALT-Thread
Just use the index

What? No wikipedia entry though, nor an easy to find molecular structure? Well someone start making the former please... here is the latter...
1th1xFh.png

Last edited:
Ah, so there is a thread already. I thought there was, but I couldn't find it. I looked in the index and it isn't listed there.

They updated the top truncated version of the index but not the old full version below that. I guess that tells me you are scrolling down there.

Maybe the truncated version isn't so popular... I know it takes some getting used to and having to look up the category first is not good for cognitive ease.