European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

soma (carisoprodol) in the eu

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
are there any countries in the eu that still prescribe soma or any generic vesions?

has anone tried carisoprodol?

ive never heard of it talked about in regards to ireland and the uk. my ex brought me back some pills from peru or brasil, not sure. the doctor wrote a script for some tablet with abou 100mg carisprodol along with paracetemol and caffeine maybe. I could only take maybe 4 or 5 without going well over the safe paracetemol dose.

400mg didnt really do much for me at all, but id say its great in higher does, on its own or in combination with opioids. the yanks seem to rave about the stuff. but they seem to be phasing it out as far as i know.

theres many drugs i want to try. and some of them havent even been synthesised yet! but another simple one that comes to mind is Orphenadrine, for opiate synergy/potentiaton mainly, or mabe just with a puffa da 'erb mon.

Soma is rarely prescribed in the Uk and for all i know may have even been taken off the 'list' - its similar to benzos in that its sedative and potentiates opioids/ates esp codeine. Has potential for addiction and nasty wd's again similar to benzos as can cause seizures if no taper is in place. FRom memory i think it comes in 250and 350mgs and preps with apap and has a v short 1/2 life of about 2-3 hours....memory bank now empty ; )

Yes , chiropracters in california heavily prescribe heavy doses. All i remember of it was a lil light wieght addic codiene buzz/ring and felt like i had been drinking alcohol .

Anyone else in EADD ever have any good results with trying to catch a buzz off Soma?

I've generally found it very difficult to judge the dose. Usually it's either it's not enough, or it's too much and your konked out. Although I do remember a couple of occasions when somehow it hit me just right, and I managed to stay with it and caught the buzz, which was a good one.

Soma (carisoprodol) is isopropylmeprobamate, sort of a prodrug to meprobamate, that it metabolizes into. But, it has some qualities that meprobamate hasnt, like painkilling properties. Peaks fast on an emty stomach, has short effect, but after a couple of hours the meprobamate effect kicks in so it has a two-phase action. If you take it 3 times a day, every day, the meprobamate (Miltown, Restenil - mothers litte helper) reaches steady-state after a while.

I miss it dearly - after weightlifting, 3 Soma 350 mg and 2 aspirin/codeine/caffeine (500mg/30mg/50mg) effervescent (sp.?) and some simple carbs, like a pb&j followed by a nutritious meal.. Heaven!! Add a spliff to that and you will find the most comfortable corner in your couch that you never found before ... (this is harm reduction so it is purely fictional of course. Sorry for my English, it is not my first language.)

Good luck with Black Friday shopping friends!

i know of BLer of days of yore used it @Kronos if you ever come online. last time i saw him post on here he was going back into rehab. which he needed cos last time i'd seen him we were both in a bad way, my brain was pretty addled so my concept of time was probably out but i saw him IV a teenth of good quality dark in not much over an hour and still be conscious.

soma was on his regular rotation so i guess he rated it.

he used to inject barbiturates as well, so tbh i think he just had a thing for downers. which i sympathise with they were always my go to.

I have found that Soma has that parodoxical thing with downers, same as things like Zopiclone, in as much as if you can override the initial soporific sleep inducing k/o effects you then you can find yourself enjoying a surprisingly good dirty stimmy buzz instead.

That happened the last time I tried, not quite sure what will happen this time. This stuff does seem to be a bit 'hit and miss'.

On a bit of a sidenote, I have also finally got round to a first take of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World quite recently, where the perfect drug called "Soma" is freely ordained to the populace to alleviate all mental ills; a drug without any negative consequences what so ever. Along with virtually compulsory promiscuity. It may take me a while to grasp what is meant to be the problem with this vision, because on the first take it sounds like a significant improvement on where we actually are now. Government ordained drugs and free sex to keep the populice docile and content. And this is meant to be a bad thing I presume.

Last edited: