• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc SOMA and backpain- how to maximize its use?

delphinen

Bluelighter
I got 10 pills of SOMA (350mg Carisoprodol, 10mg Piroxicam). First thing I did when I got home from work was take 4 along with some Clonazepam and sleep because I was sleep-deprived. It worked like a charm, but I only got 3.5 hours of sleep (which is around the half life of Carisoprodol right?)

I got up with a nasty cold in the middle of the night and had a hot coffee with one of those Pseudoephedrine-APAP-Bromhexine pills that kills cold. It worked nicely -but, I also got a nasty backpain (I suffer from chronic backpain), so I did another SOMA pill which seemed to do the work in little minutes... I am not painfree at the moment, but I can deal with it.
Now, because I have a very early appointment with my doctor, I would have to stay all night awake, I wonder, how much, as in how regular should I take these SOMA pills, to pass the night? it doesn't matter too much if I take them all because tomorrow (or should I say today in eight hours) I am getting a pack of 150mg Pregabalin (Lyrica) which ABSOLUTELY makes my backpain go away.

Thanks a lot in advance for any recommendation.

Sorry, kinda confused what your question is??

I take Soma, 350mg tablets and have for years. I can't believe you took 4 of them!! That will KNOCK YOU OUT. Especially with Clonzepam. Damn. If I took 4 I would pass out while standing up!! I hope you had a benzo tolerance as that much soma with no tolerance mixed with other downers is dangerous....

But, there isn't really a way to maximize them.... Soma potentiates painkillers for many. Also it makes many feel more relaxed when taking them with benzos (just be careful unless you have a tolerance). Soma turns into a small amount of the "mill town" drug. They metabolize into another drug, which makes it half life longer.

In reality one pill should be all you need every few hours, max. Two tablets at most.. For many Soma is prescribed 3 times daily, which isn't enough as they don't last that long.

Don't know what else to say... Soma is the best and most effective muscle relaxer out there. The other need like flexiral, etc are a JOKE compared to Soma. The strongest muscle relaxers would be: Soma, Clonzepam and dizapam. That is not in order, the order is debatable, but the Clonzepam you took is an extremely potent muscle relaxer, and it actually works on the nerves and GABA (no other muscle relaxers do besides benzo muscle relaxers).

Delphinen, forgive me, but I feel you already know the answer to this question. I've read your posts in the past and you're not a novice drug user by any stretch. You're probably aware of how tolerance and dependence kick in with different drugs. The key is to use any kind of pain medication as sparingly as possible for the aforementioned resasons of tolerance and dependence.

Carisoprodol (Soma) isn't a joke, it's, among other things, a prodrug for Meprobamate (Miltown) a sedative that was once the best-selling medication in the country before the medical community got wise to its potential for addiction. Indeed, people did get addicted and the drug was phased out, only to be reincarnated as Carisoprodol. I just want you to be aware of the addictive potential of the drug, as I be you probably are already.

Use as little as you can get by on. You don't want to be in pain, but you also don't want to be loaded or heavily sedated. You don't have the luxury of using the drug purely for recreational purposes. You require it to be effective otherwise you have to deal with your back pain. Don't let things get out of hand to the point where you no longer have effective pain relief for your condition and are worse off than when you started.