• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Solubility of Fentanyl and analogues?

DL-ark

Bluelighter
Maybe, this is a question better suited for BDD, but:

I am wondering what the solubility of fentanyl in water is, as well as the solubility of acetyl fentanyl or possibly even furanyl-fentanyl. I may be acquiring some soon, and do not want to fuck around with the powder any more than I have to, thus I intend to volumetrically dose it.

Of course, I will need to dissolve the fent/acetylfent in water to do this, and it would be very helpful if I knew the actual solubilities. I am aware I can continually add water until all is dissolved, but this is inconvenient. Obviously if no one knows the solubility then that is what I'll do, but yeah.

In addition, I'm wondering if I should need to heat the water at all in order to appreciably dissolve the fentanyl.

Are they salts or freebases? Salts and freebases have different solubilities. The salts of most fentanyl analogs are soluble in water.

should be about 1 mg/ml soluble as freebase and 15-20mg/ml as HCl salt or in citrate/phosphate buffer

but for best results you should acidify the freebase to make it a salt to ensure good solubility

Would vinegar work to do this? or even like lemon or lime extract?

::probably going to get the acetylfentanyl freebase and just salt it myself

Last edited:
Hi, Sekio. According to https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01535 carfentanil has 0.0259 mg/ml water solubility. What I have is carfentanil hcl, I'm not sure what form they're talking about I'm chem newb and I'm glad I found this topic to clarify the water solubility.

first of all good job on going the safe route and dosing volumetrically!
just an addition: with such selfmade solutions, esp when water-based, it might be necessary to somehow protect them from spoiling.. i guess nothing says shit like injecting a solution in which some bacteria had a multiplication orgy.. then the question is, if acidifying or putting a buffer in there is enough to keep them at bay until the solution is used. this of course brings the question of how many doses you plan to mix at a time. if it's just for one day (like 10 shots or whatever in a mL) this might mot play a significant role. but if you decide to dump a whole gram of one of these extra-potent ones (i.e. your solution is gonna be around a while before you being finished with it) in, say, half a liter of distilled (or even worse tap) water and not protect it against going bad, you're going to have a shitty event to look forward to: flushing the rest of your expensive stuff or continue using infectious solution.
At least thats the way i see it. If anyone with more insight into the matter wants to chime in: feel free to point out any BS i might have written. Additionally i'm not really sure what exactly i'd use in this case.. Back, when i volumetrically dosed 2c-e, i used to dissolve it in vodka and top off with water until i had a concentration of 12mg\20mL (the dilation is absolute overkill, but i used shot glasses to measure and a dilute ... the good ol' days) and a alcohol concentration of about 20% - didn't ever go bad even when standing in warm areas for extended periods of time