• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Sodium Valproate?

Interesting. Legitimate benzo's or RC Benzo's?

It was Bromazepam I've had it with. Still very new to Sodium Valproate, like yourself. I would imagine most benzo's in general.
SV acts on GABA like benzo's do (although not in the same way) so makes sense they'd increase the sedation.

ok, does it block other drugs though?
cos keppra i know blocks drugs my doctor told me and of course told me not to take drugs but yeah back to the original question does sodium valproate block drugs?

IIRC think it doesn't specifically block drugs but many drugs will feel a bit different, psychedelics and stims should be a bit less powerful.

cos keppra i know blocks drugs my doctor told me and of course told me not to take drugs but yeah back to the original question does sodium valproate block drugs?

No, it doesn't block other drugs. Due to it having some gaba effects it actually synergises well with downers.

Also: of course your doctor is gonna recommend you don't use drugs, lol.

I take it everyday and honestly i cant tell subjectively anything at all. However since being on it i guess you could say i have been on average more stable.

noticeably potentiates opiates and benzo's

Agree.
Recently I've been reading about the effects. Many ppl see no recreational value in this med at all. But according to my personal exp, The effects of Opium itself could be enhanced by at least 1 gram of Depakine. Days ago, I shared my personal exp with combination of alcohol and Depakine as a reply in one of old BL threads. I took 2 grams and felt relaxed and sleepy a bit. Then I made my way to a small party where the guests where drinking. I was too lazy to do do some search about Alcohol and Depakine interactions. I took only 2/3 shots but ended up puking almost two times. I dont know about others but for me, Depakine acts as a mild opiate/alcohol enhancer with no serious side effects except "feeling tired/sleepy"

I've been on keppra for most of my life and never noticed it blocking any kind of drugs. It slightly increases the effect of psychedelics, but no interaction has been observed IME. Of course, like other racetams, YMMV...