• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Sodium Tianeptine vs. Sulphate Tianeptine for IV use

Beerman

Bluelighter
Hi folks, has been a long time I don't post here, but still reading a lot... ;)

The thing is that I was searching for info regarding Tianeptine IV use and a question appeared, which I was not able to find the answer, which is kind of simple:

If I wanted to inject Tianeptine IV, which form would be better for solubility, and vein care?

I've read that Sodium Tianeptine causes some kind of phlebitis (hard veins, the same happened to me when trying IVing Bupropion...BAD IDEA...), but found nothing about Tianeptine SULPHATE IV'd 8)

Well thanks for reading and I hope somebody know about it, because I love opiates and I'm really curious about IVing it, but I don't want to lose more veins for a worthless high.

Be safe!

it's really not safe to IV tianeptine. please don't do it - it's really not safe. that shit is like glue when it comes into contact with liquids, i'd really advise just skipping this idea.

thank you spacejunck for the advice! :) I think I will pass on IVing this with the info I have so far...

anyway, I'm still curious about this, maybe the sulphate form is less caustic and/or doesn't react with water the same way, not ending in this glueish 'solution' sodium form does?

maybe someone can satisfy my curiosity in this point.

thanks!

I am not knowledgeable about things related to IVing but I do have experience with both forms of tianeptine.

Tianeptine sodium can easily be dissolved in water. Hell it likes to absorb as much water from it's surroundings as it possibly can. It's said it's not safe for IV because of how caustic it is plus how glue like it gets when it does come in contact with water.

Tianeptine Sulphate, on the other hand, is not so readily dissolved in water. I just attempted to dump some in water and it just sits there in the water and doesn't dissolve. Even after 10 minutes it's just floating there undissolved. It also does not absorb water from it's surroundings like the sodium version.

So I don't think tianeptine Sulphate will lend itself easily to IV administration. I'm sure one could find ways around this (using heat and stirring, or another solvent, etc) but I don't know how much safer it would be to inject over the sodium version.

Against my better judgement; make that any judgement at the time(s), I have tried both. The answer is neither. There's no appreciable effects, the sodium, though soluble completely in water, burns like hell.

And the sulfate. My God. Sparingly soluble in water based solution with 80 units ethanol, and 25 propylene glycol. 200mg tianeptine sulfate triple filtered until clear, delivered a 220 unit burning shot, some of which somehow missed despite re-registering to be sure I'd not slipped. But what I'll say now and close with is this: I have never felt such pain in that inj. site, which lasted about 12 hours, from any missed shot of any drug. Fortunately the next morning it was just a bruise, but ugly yellowish-brown and purple, and about four inches in diameter. dIt felt like I had been hit with a baseball bat from the inside of my thigh. Every step, motion was agony. I'll never forget it because I kept saying to myself, "Oh my God, holy shit I can't believe this."

IV tianeptine? Wish you'd stayed clean.

How does the sulfate fare when it comes to oral dosing? I've used a total of ~50gs of the sodium over the last few years. I'm going to be tapering off of bupe in a month and can no longer keep kratom down. I know the sodium can totally eliminate w/d but the duration obviously makes it a worse choice than bupe. From what I read the sulfate takes double the dose but lasts twice as long. Has anyone here used the sulfate to get well during withdrawal from another opioid? I always used ~200mg of the sodium for a good buzz, hoping that ~350mgs of the sulfate would be enough to get well during days 3-5 of suboxone withdrawal. Sorry for going off topic. I wasn't planning on making a thread but saw this one and figured I'd ask.

It'll help if you consistently lower the tianeptine doses. The faster the better. There's no way to come off of opiates with zero pain. Not ime anyhow.