• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Social Worker accidently gave me methadone

@Neithman,
10mg = 1ml methadone always sounds weird to me. As we don't see it here in UK.

So if someone in Germany is on 40mg. They get a bottle with 4ml of liquid. That's such a teensy amount. Or is it watered down to' bulk' it up?

Never heard of anyone getting monthly take homes in my area. Although, I'm sure there are some getting that. Especially with the increasing poor health of the ' clients'.

@Neithman,
10mg = 1ml methadone always sounds weird to me. As we don't see it here in UK.

So if someone in Germany is on 40mg. They get a bottle with 4ml of liquid. That's such a teensy amount. Or is it watered down to' bulk' it up?

Never heard of anyone getting monthly take homes in my area. Although, I'm sure there are some getting that. Especially with the increasing poor health of the ' clients'.

There is 10mg/ml methadone prescribed in the UK. It's blue in colour rather then the traditional green 1m/ml stuff. It's rarely prescribed though and usually reserved for patients on monstrously high doses.

Today one of the employees at the substition clinic accidently gave me methadone.
I normally take substitol,which is extended release morphind in capsule form. I already had the capsules in my mouth and wanted some water to flush them down. The social worker tooks a cup which i thought was empty and put some water in it and handed it to me. I flushed it down in a fast manner obviously thinking it was water. I immeaditely tasted a bitter taste but it was already too far down my throat and i drank about half of the cup. The social worker later stated that there was 6ml of methadone originally in the cup so i drank about 3 ml which is 30 mg methadone here in germany.

My question now is:Will that dose block some of the effects of the morphine?I have take home and onyly need to take them pills in front of them once a week. The internet states that at doses with 60-80 mg will block all effects from heroin/morphine.Normally saturday(so today) is the day where i take much higher doses of morphine than i regularly do because i have nothing to do. Will the 30 mg methadone partialöy block the effects of a huge dose of oral morphine(1200 mg+) or not?

Methadone doesn't really block other opioids. You'll probably just be a little higher than normal. You're lucky tbh lol.

There is 10mg/ml methadone prescribed in the UK. It's blue in colour rather then the traditional green 1m/ml stuff. It's rarely prescribed though and usually reserved for patients on monstrously high doses.
Should of said I've never seen anything other than the standard 1ml= 1mg.

What's your/ anyone's definition of a monstrous dose? 150 mg -ml.
200mg-ml.
Personally, I can (& do) take 150ml occasionally. But wouldn't do it for more than 3 /4 days. 200 ml , I doubt I've taken that much in one go.

In all my years of picking up methadone at various pharmacies, I've never seen anyone else check what is dispensed. The pharmacist just grabs a bottle and pours it out.

Same. I absolutely have always had multiple people double checking things when I've been dosed at clinics. But never at pharmacies. At pharmacies its always just the pharmacist on duty alone dispensing.

Interesting how much variation there is. Here in Australia all the methadone I've ever seen has been 5mg/ml.

Should of said I've never seen anything other than the standard 1ml= 1mg.

What's your/ anyone's definition of a monstrous dose? 150 mg -ml.
200mg-ml.
Personally, I can (& do) take 150ml occasionally. But wouldn't do it for more than 3 /4 days. 200 ml , I doubt I've taken that much in one go.

Yeah, but that's not your prescribed dose though is it? By monstrous I mean those in 200-300mg prescribed per day range.. you wouldn't give 10mg/ml to someone on 25mg.

Yeah you get a tiny plastic bottle with 3-20 ml. The 10 mg/ml is for regular methadone. For levomethadone(the active isomer of methadone) is dispensed at a 5 mg/ml ratio,but being twice as potent as methadone it comes down to the same strenght.
Some people who are in substition for a lobg time also get pills. We have up to 30 mg of levomethadone pills(60 mg methadone) and up to 40 mg pills for methadone.

I buy someone's Sunday take homes and they gwtz 11ml or 110mg. It's fucking horrible tasting but it's bearable. Think liquid zopiclone!

I thought having to get my morphine weekly was a hassle, I couldn't be fucked with getting it daily.

I could get the chemist to deliver it to my door but I choose to collect it in person. The mile and a half round trip walk is challenging in my current condition, but I do it anyway. Luckily for me, I spent years training to walk relatively long distances while in extreme discomfort in the paras so it's not that big a deal... although I have had to do it while withdrawing on to of the fucked leg, arm, back etc. and that really is challenging lol

Get one of them electric scooter things. You may look a bit of a twat but they're useful for getting around especially if you're in enough pain that walking is a hassle. I got one, it's the model you see everyone with which is the Xiaomi M365, cost me £300 brand new. Since driving here is an expensive nightmare I buzz around on it all the time, well worth the cash. If I used a car I'd be paying more than that just on insurance and petrol each month.

Oh and protip Xiaomi also makes really good value smartphones. I mean their flagship models have the same specs as the £1000+ Samsung S10 or whatever, sometimes actually better specs, but instead you only pay like £300-400. I have a Mi Mix 2S which is a couple years old now but still a fucking beast. Paid £280 for it IIRC. Brand new. Has the same specs as the flagship Samsung of its generation for a fraction of the price.

Get one of them electric scooter things. You may look a bit of a twat but they're useful for getting around especially if you're in enough pain that walking is a hassle. I got one, it's the model you see everyone with which is the Xiaomi M365, cost me £300 brand new. Since driving here is an expensive nightmare I buzz around on it all the time, well worth the cash. If I used a car I'd be paying more than that just on insurance and petrol each month.

Oh and protip Xiaomi also makes really good value smartphones. I mean their flagship models have the same specs as the £1000+ Samsung S10 or whatever, sometimes actually better specs, but instead you only pay like £300-400. I have a Mi Mix 2S which is a couple years old now but still a fucking beast. Paid £280 for it IIRC. Brand new. Has the same specs as the flagship Samsung of its generation for a fraction of the price.

Oh dear god, I saw an older gentleman on one of these the other day, had to be in his early 50's. Just.. No. Unless you pop out a backflip 360 every 20 meters, you're just going to look like a paedophile.

I have to say I am surprised by how many people in their 30's and above have them. Makes sense though, cheap convenient way to get around locally.

Not to mention illegal on public roads and pavements...

Police have better things to do, as long as you're not acting like a complete tosser they leave you alone.

Weed is illegal too but I've never been arrested for smoking a joint either.

Police have better things to do, as long as you're not acting like a complete tosser they leave you alone.

Weed is illegal too but I've never been arrested for smoking a joint either.

Joints dont have the potential to run over pedestrians - no matter how wasted the owner is... :D

Joints dont have the potential to run over pedestrians - no matter how wasted the owner is... :D

Can't really do much harm to someone on one of those scooters honestly. Not unless you buy one of those expensive ones that goes 40mph. But the fact those exist is exactly why the gov needs to regulate the bloody things.

The Xiaomi I have has a top speed of 15mph and basically if you stuck pedals to it then it'd magically become legal. It's ridiculous really.

Yikes, that's awful and the person should be banned from handing medications to people.
At my old clinic, your name and dose is on the bottle and you have to tell them your dose before they give it to you
Where i am only pharmacists give out subs and methadone so mistakes are rare if at all

Yikes, that's awful and the person should be banned from handing medications to people.
At my old clinic, your name and dose is on the bottle and you have to tell them your dose before they give it to you
Where i am only pharmacists give out subs and methadone so mistakes are rare if at all

I've never had a confirmed mistake, but I have had 2 near misses over the past couple years. Both with under dosing not over dosing though. Both were caught and resolved before it would have been a problem.

Really, there should probably be stronger checks at the pharmacy level. But, on the other hand. Pharmacies opt in to doing this. Making it too much of a process, could risk lower uptake.

And it's not exactly an easy process as it is in most places. Methadone is generally very strictly audited. Any under or over dosing in error would generally be detected, but not until the records were checked. Which is a little late. Plus, it makes the pharmacy a larger target for theft. I mean, the lists of dispensing pharmacies are usually confidential information. But that's kinda a joke. I knew all the dispensing pharmacies where I used to live because, well, most drug addicts know a lot of other drug addicts. :p

If you ask me. The big change that would help a lot. Is requiring that patients can require, and know they can require, that the doses be dispensed in their sight. So you can see that the correct amount is being given. And there's lots of ways that can be done without much overhead or risk.

That would help a lot at keeping everybody honest and preventing mistakes.