Social Feedback Thread

It would be a very good move on the part of the staff/admin/owners if they participated a little more in Social especially in the beginnings of it to encourage other members to take part.

A point of being inclusive to all was made and since it is inclusive then maybe staff should be more sctive with the members and not just themselves in the staff forums.

Its going fine, really.

^ I dunno what the median age is but papa is 62 and theres a few old farts and some kids who act like they are 90.

Come on you lot...

Prod prod...

It would be a very good move on the part of the staff/admin/owners if they participated a little more in Social especially in the beginnings of it to encourage other members to take part.

Its going fine, really.

I agree it's going fine.

Don't agree that the "powers that be" need to be more active - all good if they want to join in the banter, but forcing it won't work.

I still don't really get the issue of needing to encourage new members: it either works for you or it doesn't, and it's no big deal either way.

^ I would do love to answer that really but its prolly not a good idea at all esp in support so wont say what I very honestly think but to be honest the lounge was closed down by staff/owners/admin and social opened as a blank page really.

It just would have helped to have the same people who shut down the last chapter be more involved in opening the new one as it would show some level of care factor.

But yes these things cant be forced and you are right QR.

Yeah I was wrong come to think of it. Stupid idea really.

I don't think its a stupid idea at all, Zeph, and I agree that we all need to participate to make it work. When I said I was "too old" I was joking about how I'll pop into a thread and make a comment and then come back the next day only to see 8 more pages and that's just one thread. I am not in front of a computer for most of the day and find that even though I'd like to spend more time in Social, by the time I take care of mod duties and smod duties I've spent two hours already. But I am trying to participate more even if it is the sprinkling of lonely little comments here and there.;)

Ya please don't force staff to post in the lounge. That's the opposite of what management should look like. Management should be made up of people who already post in the lounge.

I probably should have worded my post a bit better as I did not intend to imply anyone should be forced to post anywhere if they dont want to.

Since the social forum was introduced in acrimonious circumstances, the flow of traffic could be a problem for some time.

I did think that bl staff during the early stages could help in this situation as it is a lot easier for others to join in to a forum that has a regularly active flow rather than stop-start. But yes you are busy and no its not your responsibility or your problem .

Ya please don't force staff to post in the lounge. That's the opposite of what management should look like. Management should be made up of people who already post in the lounge.

I agree with this because they will have a better handle on how to deal with any bullshit that might arise in the forum and will help contribute to the forum because they post there to begin with.

So far I see Social as just a protien powder container with a new look, same great taste, and more nutritional information included on it. The transition IMO has been difficult but is smoothing out. I really can't grasp the complaints because nothing has really changed much aside from heavy enforcement of derogatory terms and genuine malicious posts. If I'm not bitching and moaning that should really say something.

I still don't get the issue with off-topic banter, either - isn't the lounge one big off-topic forum?

Take the Word Association thread for example, posting in that thread about how hard you are rolling or what you had for dinner even if you included the word you associated with the previous posters word would be considered off topic banter.

I agree with this because they will have a better handle on how to deal with any bullshit that might arise in the forum and will help contribute to the forum because they post there to begin with.

So far I see Social as just a protien powder container with a new look, same great taste, and more nutritional information included on it. The transition IMO has been difficult but is smoothing out. I really can't grasp the complaints because nothing has really changed much aside from heavy enforcement of derogatory terms and genuine malicious posts. If I'm not bitching and moaning that should really say something.

It doesn't really say anything because you will go along with anything...but other than that, overall I agree.

I'm still waiting for a specific example of what was allowed in TL right before it was closed and is not allowed in Social right now.
Beyond what's clearly stated in the forum guidelines such as prefixfag and calling things gay, at least I think the last one is in there.

I cant think of specific happenings but malicious personal attacks that sometimes went unchecked will go checked in Social as well as genuine racist or homophobic inults. It really is the same forum, just renamed and some elaboration on the guidelines. There will still be entertaining flame wars from time to time as usual, hazing, clever trolling, and insults made in jest. The keyword in the new guidelines is context.

I'm really dissapointed to see some posters and old school Loungers go over this transition of title and a mere elaboration on the rules. I really can't grasp as to why.

It doesn't really say anything because you will go along with anything...but other than that, overall I agree.

I will go along with anything? I have been here since 2003 and I was the infamous and legendary ClubbinGuido. I never went along with anything and for the most part said and posted what I want and still do. I was trolling then and still troll now when the proper opportunity arises, the only difference being I am more clever at it. I am the type of person where if I happen to not agree with something I will question it or outright say fuck that. You joined in 2012 so you really don't know much about me or my history with The Lounge. I'm not trying to brag and come off as arrogant or insulting to you by the way. I just wanted to explain myself in order for you and perhaps others to get some understanding of me.

No one is forcing me to participate....I actually like to participate.