• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Social Drug Anxiety

Along the lines of someone suggesting to tell yourself you're going to be ok...

And given that you are fighting *thoughts*....

These are basically affirmations. Commands you are giving to yourself.

I won't post the following technique for that without crediting where I heard this idea, so it's a gentleman named Richard Grannon on YouTube. You can search for his name if interested. He's great. Talks a lot about narcissistic abuse and related topics. Anyway, to get to the point now:

Instead of phrasing things like a command, which can at times either create a contrarian response, or evoke anxiety (ie, "...I'm really having to fight with my mind, i'm telling myself I am ok over and over and then the other part of me is like but you are ok stop saying that!!"), or other undesirable effects, phrase it as a suggestion. Example: "I don't have to feel so anxious, really. I can choose not to."

This tends to evoke less of an anxious response - if that's what can happen to you - so you may instead respond more along the lines of something like,"Yeah, that's true." or,"I *can* choose to not feel anxious." etc.

Best of luck to you :) Peace

I still think,
You won't have those thoughts if you don't do that drug.

Any recommendations for methods of dealing with thoughts, I have to plug my own method, no offense @Abetterway, It works, only if you work it for ever, maybe, and it's actually very difficult in practice. In fact, you'll start to hate yourself (more) when you get into it. But it's been around for 2500 years, or at least the roots have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen

It is actually harder getting yourself to the Zendo than getting to the gym.
But those few months here and there when you do will be a bit better.

Really? Or are you doubting? I fucked up and got a tolerance to this shit, it's turned into an all-day thing.

Only tried crack once, bad setting, just bad situation. But that always seemed like the rushiest of rush stimmiest stim to smoke? Like, panic inducing?

nah im not doubting man i actually was, tried meth a couple of times - really liked it but cracks just more accessible here in my area (London, UK)

yeah its a mad rush - first time i ever smoked it i felt great for 30 seconds then had a panic attack lol, but yeah i've got tolerance to this now also
you just gotta get acclimated :)

Jealous. I didn't get much of anything out of it, other than up all night and nearly murdered. (Or at least, robbed if I'd had anything, wasn't THAT scary). West MacArthur, Oakland, CA, cash-only motel row, shout out or whatever the kids do.

whaddup keeping! can't holla for oakland but SUCKA FREE ALL DAY!$!@$@!!$ happy midnight.

Shit, I saw it on email first, thought, "Yup, there they go, doesn't take long."

a wise man once said, "if you aren't having fun, why are you doing it?" words I live by and why I am currently in the middle of quitting/restructuring brain after some of the most extensive dissociative/cocaine/booze/benzo/ghb/opiate use ;(( so stupid. i relate to the "what do i do w/ and after anxiety" ive had a lot of work related stress. like, a lot, for years, and I cope really well - with drugs. This process of doing something else has been long and hard. I can say martial arts (specifically traditional chinese because of how they integrate l/r brain stuff) has been super important at getting me to a marginally functional state. tomorrow i should get bpc-157 in the mail. supposed to be incredibly healing peptide for muscle/tendon tissue, the GABA system AND for damaged/ulcerated stomach tissue. !!! pretty much all my problems in a nutshell. drinking a beer and took 1mg of xanax first time in week, feel like my brain works and can create full thoughts for the first time in 7 days, fluid typing - all of this will be lost in half an hour due to alcohol and 1mg xanax overtaking my faculties of elocution and understanding. sigh, then I'll wake up to glutamateville. and fog, and... halting.. .damaged... processes. hope this bpc-157 works out. Ill let yall know.

@cdin, I'm interested in this bpc-157 you speak of. I've never heard of this. Is the mechanism of action known, or its it one of those "it works and no one knows why" deals? I guess I *could* just go look it up. I suppose I will....

@Scrofula I almost died laughing at (with?) your "feel your heart beat in your cock" post omg. Sounds intense.

@cdin Doesn't DXM block glutamate? Brb, looking....edit: ok yes it's an NMDA receptor antagonist.

https://www.ncbi.non.big.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137190/

"GHB has been shown to increase glutamate release, & GHB-induced glutamate release can be blocked by NR antagonists. GHB-induced seizures can be suppressed by NMDA antagonists."

Are you in the danger zone for seizures? I'm inexperienced with GHB, so I don't know if you are past the danger zone.

Last edited:
@cdin, I'm interested in this bpc-157 you speak of. I've never heard of this. Is the mechanism of action known, or its it one of those "it works and no one knows why" deals? I guess I *could* just go look it up. I suppose I will....

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ionid=6A4672F39E425AFC1CBFC35FCA53788F.f04t03

It's a peptide. @cdin, you can't take peptides as pills, you'll digest them. That's a shot, you realize?

Never heard of GHB seizures, just pseudo-comas.

well - one, bpc is gastric tolerated, meaning you CAN use it to heal ulcers, the rest ill be subQing in injured areas.

Yeah, looks like it's a sequence from some stomach protein. I'd bet there's nary a lysine to be found in it.

But absorbing a 15aa peptide sublingually? Oh, sorry, sub-cutaneous. OK, well you''re covered. Except for the part where it rots your balls off. I had the link open but lost it somehow.

ETA: nope, wrong again, there's a lysine (K) right in the middle: GEPPPGKPADDAGLV I missed the day they said what had to be next to it.

I can't tell still if it's a fragment or what it's isolated from (the stuff in the bottle will be synthetic, but I mean, where the sequence came from).
Peptides like that are often hormones, and that can mean huge side effects. So watch your man boobs closely.

Double ETA: and interesting look: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5333585/

Last edited:
definitely am, it has some amazing properties. I am going to run it for two weeks. My gut feels far better than it has in years, sleep cycle reregulated, seems to interrupt nicotine/opiate/benzo withdrawal, ill see how it goes.

seriously though, if you do have some information associated w/risks around bpc-157 im all ears as i'm currently ingesting it nightly.

No worries.
I meant that hormones are very potent, is all, usually. They cause feedback loops and "signal cascades" in their action. A little does a lot, which is why polutants that look like hormones are so nasty.

But really, you should be fine.
Like I said, watch those moobs, might try to stick to tight briefs, case anything drops off.

hehe, yeah, i was planning on running a week - week off, then anothe week if everything is still where it should be and nothing extra is where it shouldn't.